E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Magnaflow mufflers on stock exhaust good/bad idea???

09-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
Excorcist
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Magnaflow mufflers on stock exhaust good/bad idea???

Hi, So I just bought a 335i last week and I am in love. I really do like the sound of the stock exhaust, however I find myself always turning the music down and rolling windows down to hear it. I would like it to be a little louder, however after seeing muffler delete videos on youtube i know I don't want it that loud. I also don't want to shell out 900$++ for a full exhaust as the main reason I am changing it is for a little louder sound not necessarily performance. I searched for someone that did this before and cannot find anything.

I live in Reno and we have a summit Racing wear house locally and they carry an arsenal of aftermarket mufflers including Borla and Magnaflow. I have owned Borlas in the past and like them, but am afraid it will just be just as quiet as stock, so I was leaning towards magnaflow,

Anyone with experience or any input at all would be GREAT !! thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Exterminador
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorcist View Post
Hi, So I just bought a 335i last week and I am in love. I really do like the sound of the stock exhaust, however I find myself always turning the music down and rolling windows down to hear it. I would like it to be a little louder, however after seeing muffler delete videos on youtube i know I don't want it that loud. I also don't want to shell out 900$++ for a full exhaust as the main reason I am changing it is for a little louder sound not necessarily performance. I searched for someone that did this before and cannot find anything.

I live in Reno and we have a summit Racing wear house locally and they carry an arsenal of aftermarket mufflers including Borla and Magnaflow. I have owned Borlas in the past and like them, but am afraid it will just be just as quiet as stock, so I was leaning towards magnaflow,

Anyone with experience or any input at all would be GREAT !! thanks
to be quite honest I would have to recommend the BMW Performance Exhaust.

It sounds wonderful.

Borla is more aggresive in 335i.

dont go crazy, its not a toyota
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Swap resonator for x-pipe, ***less downpipes, gold tee valve unplug.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Dave W.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon

I use Magnaflo mufflers on 3 of my cars and they are nice. The straight through type has excellent flow and good noise suppression, no drone when cruising on the freeway and a nice performance sound at full throttle. It'll save a good amount of weight over the factory mufflers, too.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Excorcist
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Thanks for the replies. I do like the sound of the BMW performance exhaust but again, not really looking to spend that much money as I am buying new wheels this weekend.

As of right now I think I am going with a secondary cat delete, if that doesn't provide the sound I want I will swap mufflers to magna flow.

So how much louder than stock were your magna flow mufflers?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
bigdnno98
Real Car Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: 340xi

I have sec cats replaced with vibrant resonators, cat less DP, and magnaflow mufflers. I thought it would be louder. It's not much louder than stock but the tone is a lot deeper. The tone is perfect I just wish it was louder. I may go with Remus or the 335is mufflers.
Appreciate 0