E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Colour Choice

02-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #45
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Yeah its similar in the way space grey is similar to sparkling graphite...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #46
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
Yeah its similar in the way space grey is similar to sparkling graphite...
And similar in the way you are to a sense of humour.

I've seen your bleating at Carlos recently - you aren't very happy are you?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #47
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Space grey does add 15 BHP over stock.
plus 1....very true...according to BMW Magazine, its 15bhp over stock ...

LOL....
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #48
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
And similar in the way you are to a sense of humour.

I've seen your bleating at Carlos recently - you aren't very happy are you?
Thats a classic coming from you.........

Ive got a good sense of humour, get a grip what goes on between me and carl is only about his unsubstantiated claims im sure he's a decent bloke and there is no malice in it we always kiss & make up.

If your looking for someones else to start an argument with away to the keyboard wrestling forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #49
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Arguing over a shade of blue? :rubseyesindisbelief:

That Jimny looks like that E36 M3 favourite (and later E46 M3 individual), Estoril Blue.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #50
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep

Could be worse it could be about lots of cheap 335d's
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #51
Ham09
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A sh*t box

Garage List
2006 335i  [0.00]
Can't beat Black when pollished IMO! I also like white but it seems to be "in colour" at the moment. Looks really good on M-Sports or M3's with the Sun protection glass.

My motor is space grey and really like the colour. Doesn't show the dirt that much and it polishes up pretty well to so best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #52
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Well I love Le Mans Blue and will fight to defend it.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #53
RichJ
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E92 M-Sport 330i Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Well I love Le Mans Blue and will fight to defend it.
Same here great colour
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #54
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
Could be worse it could be about lots of cheap 335d's
So having a go at Carlos for being "given" his car is just fun and banter is it? He didn't appear to think so.

Many here have a pop at me and other members here - hell apparently I'm mentally ill (thanks for that ///ajd) but at least they either have loads of useful input and/or are often funny. You just seem to moan and bleat - I can't find a single comment that's amusing from you. Not one about how you enjoy your car (which you seem keen to "hide" from us - 318d or 320d by any chance?), anything about roads you enjoy (despite living near some amazing routes), any useful technical input - just put downs, moans and winges.

Then to top it off you call my car "cheap" with "only" >10% added to list in factory options - sorry, should I have found a car that doubled it's list price and weighs 2 tonnes from all it's toys? I bought the car to drive not watch TV, fanny around with satnob, crack my alloys, snap off the front spoiler because it's too low, etc.

I'm not sure what you have but I can guess. An M Sported 4 pot on huge wheels and run flats. Try a 6 pot on 17s with proper tyres (even Car magazine agree the E90 is best on 17s) - then you'll find out what BMW meant to do with the E90 series BMW. It's a revelation. I didn't want a rock hard shouty car that can easily be outdragged by a hot hatch. I wanted a very quick drivers car.

If you want a car just for it's looks and are happy to ruin the ride for the sake of looks, get an Alfa.

Oh and try cheering up you miserable sod.

***Disclaimer*** this above post is all the opinion of 335diesel and does not reflect the views of anyone else on E90Post. Please try and resist prolonging the campaign of hate just because 335diesel dared to question the validity of 320d Coupe aeons ago. Forums are designed to exchange views and for expressing opinions. Please bear that in mind before stalking/declaring mentally insane/negative activity towards 335diesel

Last edited by Em135eye; 02-06-2010 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #55
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
So having a go at Carlos for being "given" his car is just fun and banter is it? He didn't appear to think so.

Many here have a pop at me and other members here - hell apparently I'm mentally ill (thanks for that ///ajd) but at least they either have loads of useful input and/or are often funny. You just seem to moan and bleat - I can't find a single comment that's amusing from you. Not one about how you enjoy your car (which you seem keen to "hide" from us - 318d or 320d by any chance?), anything about roads you enjoy (despite living near some amazing routes), any useful technical input - just put downs, moans and winges.

Then to top it off you call my car "cheap" with "only" >10% added to list in factory options - sorry, should I have found a car that doubled it's list price and weighs 2 tonnes from all it's toys? I bought the car to drive not watch TV, fanny around with satnob, crack my alloys, snap off the front spoiler because it's too low, etc.

I'm not sure what you have but I can guess. An M Sported 4 pot on huge wheels and run flats. Try a 6 pot on 17s with proper tyres (even Car magazine agree the E90 is best on 17s) - then you'll find out what BMW meant to do with the E90 series BMW. It's a revelation. I didn't want a rock hard shouty car that can easily be outdragged by a hot hatch. I wanted a very quick drivers car.

If you want a car just for it's looks and are happy to ruin the ride for the sake of looks, get an Alfa.

Oh and try cheering up you miserable sod.
It take it you spent the last 24hrs trawling the site to dig up all my posts and writing them down on your wee notepad so you can fashion some (or another to go with the hundreds already) crazy post.

What was it carl said to me 'why havent you done so well' and its common knowledge how carl came about his car so im not going to go over it again me and carl lock heads quite a few times but i think if we ever met we would get on like a house on fire.

I usally post on subjects that i have some knowledge or think useful input, i dont want to win the most posts championship im not interested in being better than anyone or trying to win a watch.

As for making any funny comments thats in your opinion but different parts of the country seem to have different senses of humour.

Just so you know i dont drive a 4 pot diesel (as usual you look down your nose at them as before) far from it but i also dont feel the need to splash my whole life across the internet, but as usual you just jump in there with your lead wellies and make assumptions about people and what they have and havent got.

And how do you know where i stay you at your old stalking tricks again...

When did i call your car cheap??? if my memory serves me correct i called it a 'shite edition' in regards to it being an SE in jest but you just flew of the handle as you usually do, like the class plum you are...
Did i say anything about 10% value of the options, not sure if i did as i would say most cars of this type usually have that sort of value of extras added. Maybe i made a comment about the lack of nav & xenons on the car which is expected on a car of this level.

And if you want a real drivers/sports car buy a porsche or similar not a family wagon...

The only misrebale one is probably your wife, hey at least she wont need sedatives listening to you...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #56
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for bringing my wife into this - highly relevant. I'm guessing you might not have one?

Xenons - yes it should have them - even my £24k R32 Golf had them as standard. But the standard lights are okay (ish) Satnav - yes most want it but I didn't. I don't need it and I hate i-drive since it killed my inlaws 535d. It was also a PITA on the 750i I test drove for the Independent. It's a drivers car that's also rather practical, not a flipping i-car.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #57
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for bringing my wife into this - highly relevant. I'm guessing you might not have one?

Xenons - yes it should have them - even my £24k R32 Golf had them as standard. But the standard lights are okay (ish) Satnav - yes most want it but I didn't. I don't need it and I hate i-drive since it killed my inlaws 535d. It was also a PITA on the 750i I test drove for the Independent. It's a drivers car that's also rather practical, not a flipping i-car.
Im just dropping to your level with the cheap shots, just as you im making assumptions that seems to be a trait of yours... so trot on.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #58
poggy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 318i SE

If you can stretch to it, ihow about the Individual azurite black, i think this has a bluey tinge to it which looks ace.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #59
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

I'm feeling a lot of love in this thread tonight.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #60
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
I'm feeling a lot of love in this thread tonight.
Yeah Tim has disappeared so its my turn

Feel sorry for him
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #61
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
So Irnbrukid what DO you drive?
      02-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #62
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
hell apparently I'm mentally ill (thanks for that ///ajd)
I pride myself on my helpful posts.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #63
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by poggy View Post
If you can stretch to it, ihow about the Individual azurite black, i think this has a bluey tinge to it which looks ace.
I'd agree, but I would
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #64
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

BMW, Porsche, Audi colour choice are all dull to be honest. All of Western Europe must be colour phobic and the dealers don't help by steering customers towards Silver, Grey, Blue and Black as they will be easier to shift when traded.

When I brought my Boxster they had a brand new Yellow one in the showroom and it looked stunning especially polished under show room lights. The sales guy says 8 out of 10 says it looks stunning but only 1 out of 10 will actually buy.

My last cars have been 4 black, 1 dark blue and one dark grey and I believe they all look dirty really quick and not really any difference between them. My wifes cars have been bright red and greys and they wear dirt so much better.

Next time I will go for a lighter colour but when you come to sign on the dotted line black looks stunning.......

My choice would be Grey Exterior / Black interior or Blue / Black Exterior with a light interior. Colour is very personal and buy the colour that you feel looks good and 'you can see yourself in'.

The latest colour trend seems to be a dark metallic brown so this may come to the 3 series sport next. (Like the colour on the X1)
      02-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #65
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

How much is individual paint - do you end up paying the full list price for it?

Azurite Black sounds interesting - any pictures? As azurite is I think blue, is this like Carbon Black?

Edit. Found 1 pic. looks quite like Carbon Black.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #66
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
How much is individual paint - do you end up paying the full list price for it?

Azurite Black sounds interesting - any pictures? As azurite is I think blue, is this like Carbon Black?
Pics in my garage.

Individual paint is £750 I think.
Appreciate 0