E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Service Interval Indicator

07-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
ShinyRedCar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Service Interval Indicator

Hi everyone,
I was hoping one of you might be able to save me some time and point me in the right direction on this site. Earlier this morning (around 7am), the service interval indicator showed 1100 miles until the next oil service. A minute ago however that number increased to 4500 miles. Now I thought I read about this here once before but it's been long enough that I don't remember. If this problem sounds familiar to you, would you please let me know where to search? Thanks guys!
BTW, I'm in between classes right now (30 minute break) and the next two are back-to-back all the way to 8:30 tonight and it's all I can do to choke down a sandwich while I type this with one hand otherwise I would never have bothered you. Thanks again for your help!

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
beestroh
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyRedCar View Post
Hi everyone,
I was hoping one of you might be able to save me some time and point me in the right direction on this site. Earlier this morning (around 7am), the service interval indicator showed 1100 miles until the next oil service. A minute ago however that number increased to 4500 miles. Now I thought I read about this here once before but it's been long enough that I don't remember. If this problem sounds familiar to you, would you please let me know where to search? Thanks guys!
BTW, I'm in between classes right now (30 minute break) and the next two are back-to-back all the way to 8:30 tonight and it's all I can do to choke down a sandwich while I type this with one hand otherwise I would never have bothered you. Thanks again for your help!
Happened to me as well. I told my SA, who thought it was as odd as I did. They just changed the oil for me (free) and reset the indicator.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
ShinyRedCar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beestroh View Post
Happened to me as well. I told my SA, who thought it was as odd as I did. They just changed the oil for me (free) and reset the indicator.
Thanks for the reply! I'll check in with my SA about this. Take care.

Appreciate 0