E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Review: UTP Tires - Plaistow, NH

10-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

Review: UTP Tires - Plaistow, NH

UTP Tires, not a large outfit the likes of Town Fair Tire, Sullivan, or Firestone, just to name a few. It's more of a "Mom & Pop" joint and like many mom and pop joints they're typically better in many ways to their larger industry counterparts. Since I purchased my car over a year and a half ago and after visits that were complete "fails" imo with the aforementioned in terms of cost and service, I've been more than content with UTP. They deal in both new and used tires and from my understanding have a pretty vast selection between their on-site and warehouse locations. In terms of used, they're not bad at all and many tires start at $35 each. Add in mounting, balance and install, $50. They also offer Nitrogen fills for all four tires if that's to your liking, for $18. If you've got used tires or even wheels in "good" to better condition they buy them too! I know, I've done it.

When it comes to new as I've bought from them, you would be hard pressed in my experience to find the VERY competitive prices they offer as opposed to anyone else. Before I got my Falken 452's, I was quite a pain in the ass running through the gamut of summer performance tires available. You know how that is! I spoke face to face with the Manager, Felipe, and called consistently for a few days in a row. I've done this before with the larger tire outlets and they always made me feel like more of a nuisance than a potential customer, but it wasn't like that with UTP. They were very patient, answered my questions, and made suggestions. Because of the professionalism and helpfulness they exuded, they earned my business.

From Manager on down, the staff at UTP are a good bunch of guys. A few of them whom I've met came from the larger chain stores and when I asked them why they left, a couple said they hated the atmosphere which made a lot of sense to me. If they treat their potential customers with little to no professionalism/respect, imagine what it might be like with the employees. That said, these fellas do know what they're doing and take care when doing the job which is a huge plus when they're handling your $2-3K wheels! Case in point, just the other day I brought in my rather cheap OE winter wheels to be installed(above pic) and Jay took his time and was quite careful almost to the point where I wanted to yell, "Hey Jay, please beat them a little!". All joking aside, they'll get you squared away and for a decent price to boot.

If you happen to live in the vicinity of Plaistow or don't mind the drive, you should check out these guys. They're very accommodating and will work with you. You can expect an easy atmosphere, great service, competent answers, and good prices. It's by no means a "sterile" place, but that's one of the things I like about UTP, it doesn't have to be. It's a "guy" place where your visit, though brief, allows you to unwind. At least that's how I feel when I go there. So long as I live in the area, UTP's my "ace in the hole" when it comes to tires.
      11-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Edogg218
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Do they have a Roadforce machine for balancing?
      11-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edogg218 View Post
Do they have a Roadforce machine for balancing?
No they don't, but I've got no complaints. I think if you go on the Hunter site though, they list locations where they do that service.