E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Need someone/indy in southbay santa clara/san jose

10-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
Rustic_potato
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Need someone/indy in southbay santa clara/san jose

Hi fellas,
I got a 07 335i recently witha 100k miles on it. I am a real beginner but I really want to get my hands dirty soon. I would really like someone to look at my vehicle and provide basic suggestions on anything that has to be done soon/later

I was thinking I'd do my first oil change at an indy who could then help me run down a few things. That way we both walk out happy.

Some people might know that I am going to attempt to clean the intake valves pretty soon. I also need suggestions on where to start getting tools for working on it. Amazon/Ebay/ Local stores/ stealership?

Cheers !
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i; BMW 435i; Ducati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_335i View Post
Hi fellas,
I got a 07 335i recently witha 100k miles on it. I am a real beginner but I really want to get my hands dirty soon. I would really like someone to look at my vehicle and provide basic suggestions on anything that has to be done soon/later

I was thinking I'd do my first oil change at an indy who could then help me run down a few things. That way we both walk out happy.

Some people might know that I am going to attempt to clean the intake valves pretty soon. I also need suggestions on where to start getting tools for working on it. Amazon/Ebay/ Local stores/ stealership?

Cheers !
My advice, best to have a pro look into your car to see if there will be things that you'll need to get fixed later down the road. Most of this could be better inspected on a lift rather than from a floor jack.

I know one guy very well that has not failed me and is a BMW master mechanic. Moreover, he has a 100% 5-star rating on Yelp. Only thing is, you have to go to Burlingame. And give him a call in advance as he's always busy. Nonetheless, he will change your oil for a good price and check out if there are other things that may be wrong with your ride.

His name is George, honest guy. Yelp site: http://www.yelp.com/biz/high-tech-au...ice-burlingame
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 01:40 AM   #3
e90ca
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport

Try ST modified in Fremont. Sean the owner is a cool guy and could definitely help you with anything you need done maintenance and performance wise.

www.stmodified.com
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 01:22 AM   #4
acegp1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5d

I'm local in San Jose and I have the tools for blasting your intake valves if you wanted to borrow them with a deposit or something like that. Just PM me.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #5
Rustic_potato
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegp1 View Post
I'm local in San Jose and I have the tools for blasting your intake valves if you wanted to borrow them with a deposit or something like that. Just PM me.
I thought about it for a while and decided to get it done form a guys who knows stuff at least for the first time.. I have a friend who'll do it for me for 275 if the intake valves are carbonized and 100 if they dont require walnut blasting

I just wish I had the service records from the previous owner damn it..

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #6
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

This car isn't THAT difficult to review and check out... I suggest finding someone who has wrenched on an N54 for multiple years and take them to pit row DIY shop in Santa Clara to check out your car and change the oil. I've actually done this for a few new members before.

I will be travelling for work over the next two weeks but could possible meet up and do this early November for you
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 03:45 PM   #7
acegp1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5d

X2 what spxxx said. I'd be willing to loan out the tools and help up to the point where the walnuts come out.

I'm allergic to nuts and I was cheap/stupid enough to do it myself and had the worst allergic reaction ever (although my valves are very thankful).

Shoot me a PM if you want to go to the tech shop or you need local help wrenching; it's not too bad once you dig into it.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 04:01 PM   #8
Rustic_potato
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
This car isn't THAT difficult to review and check out... I suggest finding someone who has wrenched on an N54 for multiple years and take them to pit row DIY shop in Santa Clara to check out your car and change the oil. I've actually done this for a few new members before.

I will be travelling for work over the next two weeks but could possible meet up and do this early November for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by acegp1 View Post
X2 what spxxx said. I'd be willing to loan out the tools and help up to the point where the walnuts come out.

I'm allergic to nuts and I was cheap/stupid enough to do it myself and had the worst allergic reaction ever (although my valves are very thankful).

Shoot me a PM if you want to go to the tech shop or you need local help wrenching; it's not too bad once you dig into it.
Thanks heaps guy Really appreciate it I've found a guy to do the walbut blasting this saturday, Ill be watching him from step one learning stuff.

Thought it'd might be worth it to get it done by a professional before I start digging under the hood myself. It'll give me a nice insight too :P

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #9
Rustic_potato
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arexniba View Post
My advice, best to have a pro look into your car to see if there will be things that you'll need to get fixed later down the road. Most of this could be better inspected on a lift rather than from a floor jack.

I know one guy very well that has not failed me and is a BMW master mechanic.
His name is George
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90ca View Post
Try ST modified in Fremont. Sean the owner is a cool guy and could definitely help you with anything you need done maintenance and performance wise.
Thanks for the infos

Appreciate 0