E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > CP-E DCI Filters || Something different

06-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

CP-E DCI Filters || Something different

Just wanted to share some photos and a review of the CPE DCI filter setup for the N54 for anyone that is interested..

I was in need of some new filters, my bms dci have been through a bunch of cleaning and recharging over the past two years, started to look old and worn, but have performed and did there job for a long time well!

So i wanted to try something different
While sticking with the DCI style.
I came upon the CPE dci, and it looked to be a nice quality item with a few different touches to it..
So i contact BMS and ordered a set from Terry, as always great customer service and fast shipping.

CP-E makes damn good quality stuff so i was def looking forward to getting these..

Nice CP-E box showed up, everything wrapped and packaged very well with stickers, full install instructions with pictures, and instructions on how to clean the filters.

The chrome tubing is shaped and tapered for the small oem tubes, and tapers larger on the opposite side for the filters.. The tubing can also be bought in black..

The filters are SynoilD type, which is there special filter version with oil.. They also make there DFlow version which is a dry type of there special filter..
There def quality filters and they come with the "type" of filter it is embedded on the top of the filter, along with CPE's logo embedded on the top .. Very nice touch..

Here a before an after look at my old bms setup and new cpe setup
      06-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
im actually impressed, thinking that dci to cp-e is useless and is the same thing, but it does change the look of the engine bay, i like how they are not to close to each other.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
+1, it's amazing how just changing the colors of the filter can completely change the appearance of the engine bay.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

They look good for DCI's. My only negative comment might be that the steel connectors look short. Is there enough room to install everything without worrying about being enough space to clamp everything down from both sides of the piping?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
TOS_335i
bs_335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I didn't run into any issues installing mine...
      06-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
im actually impressed, thinking that dci to cp-e is useless and is the same thing, but it does change the look of the engine bay, i like how they are not to close to each other.
Yup exact same thing i was thinking, the look and the extra space, make them fit very nicely in the engine bay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
+1, it's amazing how just changing the colors of the filter can completely change the appearance of the engine bay.
I thought the same thing to myself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
They look good for DCI's. My only negative comment might be that the steel connectors look short. Is there enough room to install everything without worrying about being enough space to clamp everything down from both sides of the piping?
I can assure you they are not short, they are perfect, possible the picture makes them look shorter then they are, cellphone pics, my apologizes. CP-E, prides themselves on R&D and even with a simple dci,they did a lil extra. the connectors you mention have a small tapered lip if you can tell in the picture, so when the smaller end of the connector goes into the oem hose it goes just the perfect amount in until the oem hose meets the lip..
On the filter side there is more then enough room for the filter to clamp on.. You can see in my picture i left about a inch of piping showing as i didnt push my filter all the way down the piping but enough to clamp it on.. But if you want to push it down further, you can but no reason to..
What is interesting, there is a good amount of room to clamp on the filters but not a exess amount of piping where a customer might push the filter all the way down into the piping and have the piping far up and inside of the filter, creating a small choking effect, these pipes are the right amount and its impossible to do so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS_335i View Post
I didn't run into any issues installing mine...
Yup no issues at all..

Last edited by 5soko; 06-10-2012 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0