E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 07 e90 locking problems

03-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
ravir50
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW E90 335D Msport

Exclamation 07 e90 locking problems

Hi guys unfortunately a bit of a long one

I have aftermarket LEDs on the rear of my PFL e90 335d. Thing fitting on the inner right side (boot lid) had a broken fitting and a bit of water ingress in it so i took that out while at work and fixed it up/got rid of the water. The light was off the car for like 5 hours, after work i unlocked the car fine and refitted the light before locking it and heading to the gym. When i left the gym i hit unlock on the fob and none of the doors unlocked, alarm went off but none of the fobs would work.
Called breakdown assistance and heading back into my office to wait. After about 30 mins i thought i may as well go try to unlock it again, low and behold it unlocked fine and started up straight away. Only asked for date and time reset on the I drive. Drove home and locked fine.

Next morning again hit unlock on the fob and the alarm goes off but no doors open, both fobs not working. Luckily it seems the drivers door didnt lock last night so that is the only one that is open. i can get in and double pull the handle for the passenger front from the inside but still no access to boot and rears wont open.

1 fob is aftermarket so changed battery in that but still doesnt work. OEM fob i cant change the battery but it worked fine and was my usual fob i used. Ive checked fuses 56/57 in the fusebox behind the glovebox and they are fine

Any help please!! its my daily really need it
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #2
ravir50
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW E90 335D Msport

UPDATE ive had fuses 56/57 out for a period of time once you put them back in the car seems to spring back into life again so i guess its something on those circuits
Appreciate 0