E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ► ► ► UK8 - Lake District - Now with Pictures ◀ ◀ ◀

View Poll Results: Which weekend for UK8 ?? Vote now...
5th & 6th September 9 31.03%
19th & 20th September 9 31.03%
3rd & 4th October 23 79.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

10-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #419
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar7274 View Post
Hi Steve, it was good to meet you and lisa.
What was the name of the fella who was with you?
Likewise Amar. It was Ant
      10-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #420
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Cars
Attached Images

10-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #421
Turbo Power
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Likewise Amar. It was Ant
Is his full name Anthony Howarth by any chance?
      10-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #422
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amar7274 View Post
Is his full name Anthony Howarth by any chance?

of Speedreligion - one and the same mate.
      10-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #423
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Back home tired but happy! Had a great weekend with some brilliant roads, fantastic views, good food/hotel but most of all great company.

Weather was pretty poor most of Saturday but it didn't rain all the time and certainly didn't dampen our enthusiasm. Today was glorious sunshine.

Hardknott Pass was........ well as it is, a road you have to drive along once in your lifetime. Needless to say we all managed without any fuss lol.

Really nice to meet friends old and new and MANY thanks to Tony/Viv & Matt for organising all this, you all did a fantastic job imo and it is very much appreciated!!

Viv, sorry you couldn't make it and hope you're on the mend.

SteveA - Thanks for letting me loose in the RS4 this morning, thoroughly enjoyed the test drive - it's a very nice motor! Love that V8 rumble

It was a pleasure meeting those I haven't met before and their partners.

I for one am very pleased I went and only have very positive feelings about the entire weekend.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #424
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Looks like a great meet and I was gutted today that I missed a great drive out on such a nice day. Instead stuck lugging furniture about and driving a Luton Transit van

The hard knock pass pictures look stunning!

Anyone got more pics of todays antics?

Pleased you all enjoyed yourselves
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #425
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Hi Guys,

Chloe and I made it home in 4 hours. Took it pretty easy really.

The trip up with Tone, James & Tanya, Lars, Ed and Mandy was EVENTFULL. Took NINE bleedin' hours.

I had a great weekend. The Sat run was great although sopping wet. Hardknott pass was mental... Not for Any bimmers, not really made for fire breathing Denzil's or even ''All show NO GO'' 320d's. Well worth actually driving it for sure. One crazy tight road. Once we hit some wider roads, James and I made some rapido progress

MASSIVE THANKS MUST go out to Tone, Viv and Mattie for great organisation.

Great to hang out with old buddies again (as always guys+girls, love ya all) and great to meet you lot who ive known on here for ages. Great to finally meet you all properly... Helen, Steve, Paul, John, (Johns mate Ash) Miserable Malc, Matt, Tracy, Stevie A miswah Lisa etc. (Hope i aint missed anyone.)

Amar's CSL looked the .

Talking of PalmNutz C63 AMG is fookin AWESOME... Looks fantastic, sounds Like a DTM CAR. MUCH faster than an E92 M3. NOW I WANT ONE.

Thanks for taking us for a spin mate. SHe is a very quick car. Very comfortable and very capable. Stuck like shit to a blankett mate round that roundabout

Malcolm. It is always hard coming to a new meet. (Did you really not knmow anyone?) Always best to get close to someone quick, and make sure you look out for each so you dont get lost also.

It also takes two to tango mate. No one left anyone out as far as i could see. If you thought you were an outsider you should have come up and maybe have made 110% effort etc.
      10-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #426
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone, very nice to see everyone.

Glad you enjoyed the hardknott however since not one for me again.

Lake District is a lovely place and a place you can truly lose yourself (in more ways then one!)

Viv, Tony thanks again for arranging.

p
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #427
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Hi Guys,

Chloe and I made it home in 4 hours. Took it pretty easy really.

The trip up with Tone, James & Tanya, Lars, Ed and Mandy was EVENTFULL. Took NINE bleedin' hours.

I had a great weekend. The Sat run was great although sopping wet. Hardknott pass was mental... Not for Any bimmers, not really made for fire breathing Denzil's or even ''All show NO GO'' 320d's. Well worth actually driving it for sure. One crazy tight road. Once we hit some wider roads, James and I made some rapido progress

MASSIVE THANKS MUST go out to Tone, Viv and Mattie for great organisation.

Great to hang out with old buddies again (as always guys+girls, love ya all) and great to meet you lot who ive known on here for ages. Great to finally meet you all properly... Helen, Steve, Paul, John, (Johns mate Ash) Miserable Malc, Matt, Tracy, Stevie A miswah Lisa etc. (Hope i aint missed anyone.)

Amar's CSL looked the .

Talking of PalmNutz C63 AMG is fookin AWESOME... Looks fantastic, sounds Like a DTM CAR. MUCH faster than an E92 M3. NOW I WANT ONE.

Thanks for taking us for a spin mate. SHe is a very quick car. Very comfortable and very capable. Stuck like shit to a blankett mate round that roundabout

Malcolm. It is always hard coming to a new meet. (Did you really not knmow anyone?) Always best to get close to someone quick, and make sure you look out for each so you dont get lost also.

It also takes two to tango mate. No one left anyone out as far as i could see. If you thought you were an outsider you should have come up and maybe have made 110% effort etc.
M3 still beats it though far better handling so can easily outrun the Merc , just watch the Fifth Gear review
      10-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #428
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR Black Edition

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
M3 still beats it though far better handling so can easily outrun the Merc , just watch the Fifth Gear review
Been through this before. I've always said M3>C63. But then again I'm biased and Palmnutz couldn't give a toss, since he's already sampled the delights of M6 ownership too.

On Topic, photos look really good, must be more!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #429
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

don't get me wrong I like the merc alot but bit unfair to match it to the M afterall its a 6.2 for a start .The M is a fantastic car I went out in mine this afternoon after I finished work and it feels fantastic now after the remap and remus alot more responsive and was very easy to rev upto and ovr 8500 and warp speed or what , just needs ome better brakes now
      10-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #430
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
just needs ome better brakes now
Time to flex that bit of plastic then!
      10-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #431
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
Be careful not to break it
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #432
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Guess who?
Attached Images

10-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #433
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Oh and well done to Mandy for getting up to watch grand prix with me at 05:30 sha moan.
      10-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #434
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

a few more

i,m sure there will be plenty to come from others
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #435
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Wink Glad you had a good week-end!

Sorry I couldn't have been there to enjoy the weekend, but a chest infection stopped me doing much over the last week or so, I'm afraid.

Anyway, I'm really happy to hear most members had a great time, regardless of the weather.
I'm sorry you didn't feel quite the same way, Malcolm. I'm also curious to find out if anyone else felt at all the same way as Malcolm over the course of the weekend?

Although it is the cars that bring us together initially, in my own experience, the friendship & camaraderie that builds up over the meets is fantastic, even when I'm not physically there to experience it myself.

It was good having the usual abusive chit-chat with Steve on Friday night, as well as the 'friendly' chats with Carl & Chloe, James & Tanya, Matt, Will & Floyd, as well as 'new boy' Lars.
It was good talking to Ant & Angela earlier in the week & I hope you both had a great time.

As always, a big 'thank-you' needs to go to Tony & Matt for all of the work they did behind the scenes. If you weren't as reliable as you always are, I think Malcolm would have left as soon as he'd arrived.

Here's a couple of shots Tony sent to me, to make me feel part of the week-end:

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  130.6 KB
Name:  photo-2.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  25.0 KB
Name:  photo-3.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  29.5 KB

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #436
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
Again
      10-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #437
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Hi All

My first meet and I really enjoyed putting many names to faces, just wished I could afford to drive 20,000 miles a year in a C63 AMG, what an awesome car, I would buy one just for the noise alone.

Great bunch of people, no attitudes everyone just having fun together and enjoying life.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon at various other meets. Thanks to Tony for organising.

Dont want to say hello to anyone specific because I know there will be someone I will forget, but you know who you are.

At least the car with 'all show and no go' managed to keep up
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #438
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Got home about half an hour ago!

Thanks to everyone for a top weekend, very entertaining. Special thanks to Viv, Tone & Matt for the organisation, couldn't have done it without you. Fantastic company, food, driving, and scenery - shame about the weather on Saturday, but you can't have everything.

Not sure whether the lower back pain is from the driving, or the kidneys complaining. Either way, it was worth it!
Attached Images

10-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #439
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I'm actually starting to like 6 series now.

Ed my guess is period pains

Cool pics
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #440
fastloop
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Just got back a bit over an hour ago and I'm feeling a bit tired after a truly great weekend. The food and the company was as always excellent and thanks to Carl for some hilarious stories and entertainment saturday night.

The trip up was quite long and the M6 on a Friday evening is not fun, but we still had a bit of fun north of Manchester and in best Top Gear style we all somehow lost contact and ended up travelling different roads to the hotel.

The drive on Saturday took us through some stunning scenery and I'm really looking forward seeing the pictures from everyone. I also got a little lost on the way to the first stop due to the heavy traffic in Kendal, but hey that's all part of the experience and me not plotting the right place into the SatNav. Helen quickly got us back on track and we had a nice drive to lunch. It was actually quite nice to have a bit of space and not being bunched up.

Hardknott pass was excellent and it gave the diff and the traction control a good workout. At no point did I feel that there was any risk of anyone sliding backwards or sideways. Challenging and good fun. Last time I went up there I had 4-wheel drive, but hey presto 2 will do.

Guess Tony will have to look through some footage for that MPV that was sumped at the bottom. They had a look at us and you could just see the "good luck" expression in their face as they all gathered around the sumped MPV scratching their heads. James quickly showed them how it was done and we were off. It still makes me chukle that Steve told people coming the other way that there was 300 cars coming so it might be a while. I would have loved to see their facial expression.

The drive across the Yorkshire Dales on Sunday was epic and Matt & Tony found an amazing place for a group photo. There should be some really good photo's from there and we'll have to wait for them to exercise some HDR trickery.

The drive back down the M1 was pretty long and I'm sure I'll be seeing cones in my sleep from all that road works!

Thanks to Matt, Tony & Viv for organising an amazing weekend and the countless of hours planning and arranging everything. It's a mammoth task and I really appreciate it. It was a shame that Viv couldn't make it and I was really looking forward to meeting you. Even when you were not feeling well you were still doing some amazing work in the background making sure that everything was right. Cheers for sorting out all the food orders on Friday night. The steak was very nice!

I'll post some photo's later!

Thanks
Lars
Appreciate 0