E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HPFP Replaced + Software

12-22-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
Lynchmob6
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO/SO F80 & 135 M-Sport

Garage List
HPFP Replaced + Software

Update from last week:

For those that missed my last thread, I took the car in last Thursday afternoon to the German dealership near my house. Long cranks getting longer and more frequent, plus an intermittent SES light.

Diagnosed on Friday as a HPFP failure (no kidding!). Pump was ordered from Munich and a PuMA case opened. They kept my car over the weekend, which was okay since I had my wife's SUV to drive anyway.

Monday pump was replaced and engine software updated. SA went for a test drive and SES light came on for him (he previously said that since the light was not on when I brought the car in, it might not have thrown a code). But it threw a code when he was driving, so that was fortunate.

Today they worked more software issues and looks like they replaced some electrical wiring/plugs (hard to read the work-order in German) for the SES light.

Got the car back this evening and everything is currently working. No long cranks. Just hope the SES light doesn't come back on.

So first HPFP replaced (hope it is the only one) at around 4,000 miles. I asked the SA if he had been having a lot of replacements. He said "a few," but didn't seem overly concerned. I also asked if it was a new or re-built pump since it was coming from Munich. He did not know and there is no part number on my invoice, so I have no idea what kind of pump is in there. But I do find it interesting that Munich had the dealership open a PuMA...at least they acknowledged there was a problem.

I'll be coming back to the States next summer, so we'll see if I can make it six more months now without another failure! And I missed all the good snow the last few days with my xi!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Did you get the new HPFP that people are talking about, or one of the old ones?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Lynchmob6
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO/SO F80 & 135 M-Sport

Garage List
Wish I knew...no number on my invoice. I am going to call back to the other SA that speaks better English tomorrow and see if he can tell me.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
reelgr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93

Do you guys with tunes such as JB, have to take out and reset the ECU before taking in for a fuel pump swap?
Appreciate 0