E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > National Warranty Company - Peace of mind?

09-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
xxdaBMWnMBxx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Good choice of all times

National Warranty Company - Peace of mind?

Does anyone know if it is a peace of mind to have the warranty covered by this company?
National Warranty Company
http://nwco.com.au/warrantycustomer.html

The dealership who sells the car to me said that there are unlimited claims, and items covered as follow (Sentinel Plan B)
http://nwco.com.au/images/downloads/...art_ONLINE.pdf

is it a worthwhile to consider a 2007 BMW with this cover attached than the one with same age, similar odometer but no warranty cover?
(The car that the dealership is selling has been driven 75000km)

Thank you so much.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichichibo View Post
Does anyone know if it is a peace of mind to have the warranty covered by this company?
National Warranty Company
http://nwco.com.au/warrantycustomer.html

The dealership who sells the car to me said that there are unlimited claims, and items covered as follow (Sentinel Plan B)
http://nwco.com.au/images/downloads/...art_ONLINE.pdf

is it a worthwhile to consider a 2007 BMW with this cover attached than the one with same age, similar odometer but no warranty cover?
(The car that the dealership is selling has been driven 75000km)

Thank you so much.

Just check what, if any limit amount they have per claim. ie $3000 max per one claim... nice find though.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350 F Sport

i was offered the same policy but declined it when I bought my car - nearly three years later not a single major issue with the car

read the fine print - the warranty seemed pretty useless to me, they wanted the car serviced every 6 months and pay for any recommended maintenance, and there were limits on various claims.

If you didn't service the car every 6 months the warranty would be void

Did not seem like a good value to me at all
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
xxdaBMWnMBxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJ View Post
Just check what, if any limit amount they have per claim. ie $3000 max per one claim... nice find though.
the limit amount per claim is:
$2000 for engine, transmission, differential
$800 for cooling system, braking system, electrical system, steering system, fuel system, air condition system,drive shafts & uni's system
$550 for engine computer, ABS system, ignition system,cylinder head,
$400 for radiator, power windows.

All are unlimited claims.

hows that?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
xxdaBMWnMBxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwaddiction View Post
i was offered the same policy but declined it when I bought my car - nearly three years later not a single major issue with the car

read the fine print - the warranty seemed pretty useless to me, they wanted the car serviced every 6 months and pay for any recommended maintenance, and there were limits on various claims.

If you didn't service the car every 6 months the warranty would be void

Did not seem like a good value to me at all
yes, i think they are trying to get you to the service more often in order to earn your money.
but, considering the age of the car, (i am buying a second hand one, 2007 (01/08 built), with 76000 km driven), would this be a good one for me?
btw, which year is your BMW, BMWADDITION ?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
BMJ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
the limit amount per claim is:
$2000 for engine, transmission, differential
$800 for cooling system, braking system, electrical system, steering system, fuel system, air condition system,drive shafts & uni's system
$550 for engine computer, ABS system, ignition system,cylinder head,
$400 for radiator, power windows.

All are unlimited claims.

hows that?
not very good... well not if you drive a bmw! i would be looking at the options with claim limits at 6k and above for my 335. 2k don't buy that much if you have a big prob.

for me i would look at plan D in sentinal or the extension man warr plan b all depanding on price though......
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
xxdaBMWnMBxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
not very good... well not if you drive a bmw! i would be looking at the options with claim limits at 6k and above for my 335. 2k don't buy that much if you have a big prob.

for me i would look at plan D in sentinal or the extension man warr plan b all depanding on price though......
unfortunately, Plan B is what they are offering....

and for the car, it's 2007 (when i check its VIN, production date is 01/2008), with 75000km driven, would you still recommend me to go for this car with this National Warranty?
I am considering 2, one with no warranty, 05/2007, 86000km driven,
another one is the one with this warranty, 01/2008, 75000km driven,

I feel like the warranty one would give me a better peace of mind?
I dont really know how much would the repair cost for the BMW, thats why i am curious if the above warranty is a positive factor for me to decide which car to go?
Or if the one without warranty, if it is maintained properly, even without warranty wouldnt be an issue (touch wood there will be no major issue after i decide to buy it, given its age)

Thanks so much BMJ
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

Quote:

and for the car, it's 2007 (when i check its VIN, production date is 01/2008),
Therefore its not a 2007 car.

If its built in 2008 - its a 2008 car.

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

when I hear of these insurance options i think these chaps are never gonna pay up, they are experts in avoidance and will find a reason to NOT pay. IMHO i'd suggest you put 5% of the purchase price aside for the fix it fund and in 12 months if you dont need it transfer the funds to the upgrade fund
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #10
ReyT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

those value probably won't even cover the labour charges that the dealer will charge for repair..

Let alone the parts...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
xxdaBMWnMBxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyT View Post
those value probably won't even cover the labour charges that the dealer will charge for repair..

Let alone the parts...
so, the warranty sounds useless...
i mean, not a contributing factor towards the decision making? and can only consider as a bonus if i do choose to buy this car?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #12
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
I was also offered exact same Warranty cover from the dealer recently and i also declined the offer...

I take a small risk knowning our euro standard cars should not break down. Most of the stuff listed on the warranty is kinda of hard to break down.
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #13
fbose
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i sedan

Just today called my dealer to back out of the warranty they offered me 3 days ago and stupid me trusting the manager when he said bumper to bumper. This morning when I had the time, I went through the fine print and I almost s@#$t my pants. I paid $2200 for a garbage warranty. As a second opinion, I went to a local European auto shop that services my wife's mercedes and asked their opinion about this company, PrCo. They told me to stay away from them. Last opinion I asked mr Google and lo and behold, a boatload of bad testimonials. They almost had me. I'm glad the dealership hasnt forwarded the application yet. So I called them and put a stop to it. I also gave my agent an earful.@#$%^ Bumper to bumper my A@#$%^s!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #14
xxdaBMWnMBxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand View Post
I was also offered exact same Warranty cover from the dealer recently and i also declined the offer...

I take a small risk knowning our euro standard cars should not break down. Most of the stuff listed on the warranty is kinda of hard to break down.
Hi, what year is your car? And how many kilometers done?
I am merely worry about the k and the age of the car, and afraid there will be huge repair to come (maybe 1-2 yrs) after I bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
Fuelrw
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW320D

I bought this warranty but bargained down significantly.... Around $600 for 3yrs. Perhaps it's a false sense of security but made me feel more at ease
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi, what year is your car? And how many kilometers done?
I am merely worry about the k and the age of the car, and afraid there will be huge repair to come (maybe 1-2 yrs) after I bought the car.
Hey my car is 2008 MY09 and done only 32,500km and the previous owner took extreme care of the car really well, the paint work looks very close to show room quality and not to mention the pain in the butt white leather is immac. So for me it wasn't that hard to reject the warranty.

I was offered Plan A for free but have to service every 6months, they were trying their butt off to upgrade me to plan D for $2,700 which i didn't budget for. They use all these sales technique makes you feel like the car is going to break down if you dont get the warranty.

Basically its a piece of mind but the reason i didn't get it because its 3rd party company not Genuine from the manufacturer also the stuff they cover are very unlikely to break in my opinion. And as fbose said, Mr Google said some bad feedback so..

Just my 2c
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #17
BMJ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelrw View Post
I bought this warranty but bargained down significantly.... Around $600 for 3yrs. Perhaps it's a false sense of security but made me feel more at ease
Have you made and claims yet Fuelrw? I know my mine has a 2k limit per claim which sucks... I always worry about my tranny and turbos!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #18
ReyT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Have you made and claims yet Fuelrw? I know my mine has a 2k limit per claim which sucks... I always worry about my tranny and turbos!
blown turbo = good excuse for upgraded twins
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #19
BMJ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyT View Post
blown turbo = good excuse for upgraded twins
nice way to look at it!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #20
Fuelrw
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW320D

I havent made a claim and I'm hoping i never do. The car only had 20k on it so I dont plan to claim, just makes me feel better that I _may_ have some level of cover should I need it
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
xxdaBMWnMBxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
sounds like $2k per claim is somewhat useless?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #22
eriktufa
3r1k
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 MY08 BMW E92 335i

Just getting back to this discussion.

I was offered Plan C ETMF from National Warranty for my 335i.
It's got Market Value Claim Limit, No excess plus unlimited claims for $2,800 - 5 years period.

Took it for peace of mind. Maybe it is a bit overkill but we never know what can happen.
Appreciate 0