E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

03-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #2487
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
that picture is my file, but i dont have the BC_DIGITAL_V code anywhere in their

does it matter that my car is a e92? if yes is their an upgraded version? Ive followed the video and instructions and nothing
Did you grab the KOMBI module? That's where that code lives. If you did and you still don't see it, make sure you have the latest daten for your car, available at www dot mediafire dot com/?309po0avte77vv1.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #2488
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
i got it! i noticed the instruction are different from the video and when i followed the video was able to do it. i read the wrong codes....i was reading CAS like the instructions tell you but i was supposed to read KOMBI and when i read that it worked
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #2489
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
is their an ultimate spread sheet? can someone give me the link or send it to me? please
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #2490
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
is their an ultimate spread sheet? can someone give me the link or send it to me? please
The spread sheet should be in link 1. Different functions are associated with a module. If you want to code a function (turn it on/off), you must know what module that function is located in.

Example, to turn on digital speed function, you must look in the KOMBI module. To configure the OEM alarm, you must look in the DWAI or DWAS modules....

The spreadsheet should help alot. GL.
      03-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #2491
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Finally got may cable from Hong Kong and got working. I tried to check the airbag status and nothing happened. I moved on following the DIY step by step only to not find BC_DIGITAL_V in the CAS module and thought I had screwed up along the way. I decided to quit and take it a bit slower and after checking the spreadsheet, I realized that BC_DIGITAL_V is not in the CAS module but that it is in the KOMBI module.

On the instructions, there is a step that suggests making a back up of FSW_PSW.TRC but the DIY primarily talks about the CAS module. My NOOB assumption is that I should make back up's of the FSW_PSW.TRC for each module? Am I correct?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #2492
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
Finally got may cable from Hong Kong and got working. I tried to check the airbag status and nothing happened. I moved on following the DIY step by step only to not find BC_DIGITAL_V in the CAS module and thought I had screwed up along the way. I decided to quit and take it a bit slower and after checking the spreadsheet, I realized that BC_DIGITAL_V is not in the CAS module but that it is in the KOMBI module.

On the instructions, there is a step that suggests making a back up of FSW_PSW.TRC but the DIY primarily talks about the CAS module. My NOOB assumption is that I should make back up's of the FSW_PSW.TRC for each module? Am I correct?
Correct, make a backup of all TRC files. I'd grab the initial backup (~220 KB) which contains everything and then make a backup of each individual module after that, even ones you may not intend to code just to be safe. Technically you have an escape hatch anyway in that you can always click "Code Car" with a blank MAN file to restore everything to defaults, but backups can't hurt. Also make sure to clear your TRC before all captures and clear your MAN files after all code operations.

Personally what I do is keep a backup of all modules (in addition to the entire car backup) in their stock state and then never touch those copies. Then I have separate backups of all of the MAN files in the state that I've coded them into the car so I can always view my active config and run a compare to see what changes I've made from the stock config without having to connect to the car each time.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #2493
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Correct, make a backup of all TRC files. I'd grab the initial backup (~220 KB) which contains everything and then make a backup of each individual module after that, even ones you may not intend to code just to be safe. Technically you have an escape hatch anyway in that you can always click "Code Car" with a blank MAN file to restore everything to defaults, but backups can't hurt. Also make sure to clear your TRC before all captures and clear your MAN files after all code operations.

Personally what I do is keep a backup of all modules (in addition to the entire car backup) in their stock state and then never touch those copies. Then I have separate backups of all of the MAN files in the state that I've coded them into the car so I can always view my active config and run a compare to see what changes I've made from the stock config without having to connect to the car each time.
Understood!

When you say clear TRC before all captures and clear MAN before coding, do you mean deleting the existing TRC & MAN files from the work folder or saving blank TRC and MAN files prior to the respective operations?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #2494
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
Understood!

When you say clear TRC before all captures and clear MAN before coding, do you mean deleting the existing TRC & MAN files from the work folder or saving blank TRC and MAN files prior to the respective operations?
I think either will work, I personally have a blank file with the appropriate name there because I've heard some users mention error messages when the files don't exist at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #2495
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
I think either will work, I personally have a blank file with the appropriate name there because I've heard some users mention error messages when the files don't exist at all.
Good to know. I shall follow the blank file method too! Thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #2496
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
The spread sheet should be in link 1. Different functions are associated with a module. If you want to code a function (turn it on/off), you must know what module that function is located in.

Example, to turn on digital speed function, you must look in the KOMBI module. To configure the OEM alarm, you must look in the DWAI or DWAS modules....

The spreadsheet should help alot. GL.
thank you.....i seem to be having a little trouble with double blink hazards lights. I looked up DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK and didnt find it but I did find BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK that was set to wert_01 and I tried replacing the 1 with a 2,3,4,5 and it wouldn't write the codes. my question is how can I activate the double blink hazards?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 08:25 AM   #2497
mark19uk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320

Are you wanting them to double blink when indicating? Because that is a different thing altogether.
DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK will only change the blinking when the hazards are activated, general signalling stays the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #2498
rubdom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW

Quote:
thank you.....i seem to be having a little trouble with double blink hazards lights. I looked up DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK and didnt find it but I did find BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK that was set to wert_01 and I tried replacing the 1 with a 2,3,4,5 and it wouldn't write the codes. my question is how can I activate the double blink hazards?
Run BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK through NCS dummy to see what values you can set for that. its probably wert_1 and wert_4 or some combination like that.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #2499
spera23
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Does anyone know if it is possible to code the power seats (in a e92) so that you can move the passenger seat forward and back with the power button near the headrest?

Currently on my e92, this button only works if the door is open, and once you close it then it is no longer active.

There has to be a way to code it so that it is always active.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #2500
jesdan14
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe sapphire Black

Garage List
2007 335I Coupe  [0.00]
The do you pick if you have a e92? I see E90 and other models but no e92..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #2501
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
This should keep the instrument cluster backlight on all the time, regardless of if your headlights are on or not.

Haven't tried this yet but it should work. Let me know.

Module: KOMBI
M_TAG_SKALENBELEUCHTUNG -> aktiv
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #2502
guliermu
Malta
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

hello guys i have a problem in the bmw e90 320 d did you have a emergency start because i have a problem in the imobiliser can pls tell me how can i start the engine to go to the dealer 10x
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #2503
just2sxy
Enlisted Member
Rep

anyone figure out how to code the ae to be brighter yet on e92?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #2504
orangedawg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Ok, severe noob alert here. I am stumped. I was able to code digital speed using the dyi at first page. But, I now would like to add sirius. I have changed over fiber cables and installed unit. Now I need to code. I know I need to add $655 to vo (at least that's what I believe the code is). But now am totally stumped on how to "add that vo to cas and frm".
1. according to the diy, I load expertmode, enter repxet, do the checks, save profile as fzg4.pfl, then edit that and save profile name to FSW PSW MAN. I then load that profile. Correct so far?
2. Then go to f1, then f3, select e89 (I have an e90), then select CAS. At that point, do I hit F2 (Enter FA)? If I do that, it has where I can add a VO (aka FA). I have entered $655 to that and hit okay. Correct so far?
3. It's at this point I get confused. The fyi at item 49 indicates to make a back-up that this point. However, is the $655 added or do I need to do something else? How do I get it to add $655 to the CAS? According to item 52, I load profile FSW PSW MAN. But is $655 in this "loaded" profile? When I load the FSW MAN MAN file, and look at F2 (enter FA), $655 is not present in my vo/fa list. So, I go to f2, it asks what model, e89, and then has enter VIN. My vin shows up, so I hit okay.
4. At this point I am given the options f1 enter zcs; f2 enter fa (doing this and going through the menus, it shows $655 in my vo/fa list); f3 zcs,FA f.ecu; f5 datei; f6 back. What do I do?
5. If i hit f1 at this point, it asks for model (e89), i hit okay, up comes "enter vin", my vin is present, okay, it then asks to enter ZCS info: GM, SA, VIN, plus calculate checksum. I hit cancel on that as I don't know what to do at this point.
6. If I hit f3, it gives options of CAS, FRM, NFRM. I hit CAS. It goes back to the screen I mentioned above with f1 (zcs), f2 (enter fa), f3 (ZCS, FA f. ecu), f5 datei, and f6 back.
7. I hit f6 BACK. I now have f1 vin, zcs, fa; f2 chassis; f3 process car; f4 process ecu; f5 cay key memory. Which option do I choose? The DIY gets confusing to me at this point. If I choose f4, it has the list of modules. I select CAS. Is this correct?
8. I did hit f4 process ecu, and then hit job (f2) and selected sg-codierren, and then execute job (F3). it had the "get coded" and then "coding ended" messages.
9. I went back and repeated this at my step 6 above and selected FRM, and then repeated the steps I have listed above. It said coding complete for FRM.
10. Went out to my vehicle and sirius is not enabled. What am I doinfg wrong?

I am so sorry for this long and convulted post, but it is unclear to me how to add a vo and save/write it to a module. I know most of the experts have this down pat, but this noob is stumped and I searched through this coding thread but could not find a clear answer. Please help and thanks so much!!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #2505
orangedawg
Lieutenant
Rep

Okay, I found this document on how to add a VO: ftp://94.212.182.18/Other-Software/N..._Order_CAS.pdf

I followed the steps and was able to add it to CAS and FRM. I seemed to have added that to the VO for those modules (at least when I went back to repeat these steps, the VO was in the F2 "Enter FA", so it looks like it was added). However, I go out to my car, turn on radio, and sirius is not present in the "audio" section of my radio. Is there something else I need to do (I have sirius module installed and changed fiber cables already)? If someone can help me figure this out, I'll put the info in the main coding thread so we have that info there so others can find the solutions. Thanks for helping me!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #2506
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedawg View Post
Okay, I found this document on how to add a VO: ftp://94.212.182.18/Other-Software/N..._Order_CAS.pdf

I followed the steps and was able to add it to CAS and FRM. I seemed to have added that to the VO for those modules (at least when I went back to repeat these steps, the VO was in the F2 "Enter FA", so it looks like it was added). However, I go out to my car, turn on radio, and sirius is not present in the "audio" section of my radio. Is there something else I need to do (I have sirius module installed and changed fiber cables already)? If someone can help me figure this out, I'll put the info in the main coding thread so we have that info there so others can find the solutions. Thanks for helping me!
You should probably code the whole car, or at the very least the radio. I'm not sure what the radio module is called, but on idrive ones you'd probably do the CCC modules, and the amp for good measure. Or just code the whole car
      03-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #2507
orangedawg
Lieutenant
Rep

So I should select F3 "process car" instead of F4 "process ECU"? Is that correct? Is there any damage if I choose whole car? I don't know what the radio module is either.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #2508
jesdan14
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe sapphire Black

Garage List
2007 335I Coupe  [0.00]
mine keeps saying vin faulty why?
Appreciate 0