E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Logic 7 System Cutting Out?

10-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
SharkPhi
Contract Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5

Logic 7 System Cutting Out?

I was on a roadtrip with some friends, and while trying to get some sleep in the back I noticed that the rear speakers were cutting in and out with the Logic 7 System set on "concert hall" or "theater", but they didn't do it when the surround settings were off.

Anyone else have this problem?
      10-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
hanmaas
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335i

yes, i have the exact same issue. dealership looked at it and said it was normal as this happens because they're isn't a permanent surround sound feed for the rear speakers, hence the cutting in and out.....i don't know how much truth there is to that, but i found it very annoying and turned off the surround settings at some point.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
lay3r3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M5

OUPhiDelt, did you check into this at all? Wondering if you got the same answer... to me that's not an acceptable answer from BMW. We're seeing something simliar and going to play with it a bit to see if we can recreate it knowing what we know now from your post.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
sageashton
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, Manual

Welcome to L7. This is the processing of the 'surround sound' and is what is apparently supposed to happen. To stop it you need to take out the processing, which means turn off the 'concert hall' or 'theatre'. It becomes mainly annoying if you are in the back seat.