E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > I've stopped smoking.

03-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #67
prt71
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Talking of odour, I have to agree with the others. Smokers really do whiff. At the moment though half of me is repulsed, the other half wants me to lick them.

:edit:

And I should add that next on my list is drinking. I may just have an incy wincy problem with alcohol that I really should do something about.
One step at a time brother. And probably not the time to share that I definitely upped my already possibly already excessive drinking after packing in the 40 a day
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #68
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

To be honest I'm thinking if I can pack in the **** then booze will be a doddle.

Basically I've abused my body for the last 20 years and it's about time I gave it a rest. And I'll need my wits about me for sprog #3 next month.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #69
Evil Diesel
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport

Just hit 1 year off the burners (a nasty 30 a day habit which I did love). It has been a nightmare!

I must say the worst of it was on holiday in France last summer where it seems everyone smokes - you get that little voice in your head suggesting a few cigars or tabs just while you are away.

On the plus side, coz its been so difficult I am not likely to give in on a whim.

Just keep going pal.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #70
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

I know what you mean about the little voice. Same with the drinking for me though. It's a Friday. It's a Saturday. I've finished work. There's an 'r' in the month. Whatever.

Anyway, still off 'em. And good for you and all the other ex-smokers out there.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #71
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
And I should add that next on my list is drinking. I may just have an incy wincy problem with alcohol that I really should do something about.
Nothing wrong with moderation...

I just found out the Queen has a double Gin & Dubonnet every day before lunch, and one before bed too!

5 units a day minimum!

If it's OK for her with her fleet of private doctors, it's ok for us too.

Now where's that red wine.....
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #72
marlie
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Ive just ordered some fakes.. I hope they work..

I smoke about 2-3 a day and more on a night out
      03-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #73
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post

I just found out the Queen has a double Gin & Dubonnet every day before lunch, and one before bed too!

5 units a day minimum!

If it's OK for her with her fleet of private doctors, it's ok for us too.

Now where's that red wine.....
I dare say with her money she could buy as many new livers as she wanted if the shit hit the fan. Where as we plebes will be given a slap on the wrist and sent to the back of the fecking massive waiting line.
      03-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #74
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

My earlier offer of the Skycigs to someone was genuine. It's this kit less the samples but I think I have some refills. I just didn't get on with electronic cigarettes and went cold turkey but if someone covers my postage they're welcome to the kit.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #75
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I tend not to do moderation. Hence stopping everything as a bit of a challenge.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #76
Ehwnnc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 335i

Just wanted to chime in on this thread. I have taken on the task of quiting as well. I smoke 1.5 packs a day and starting this week i have been cutting down day by day. I couldnt quit cold turkey, i deal with too many people during the day and get very snappy when i dont smoke. As of today i have cut down to 4 cigs while at work when normally i would have smoked 4 by 10 a.m. I am trying to cut out smoking at work first then move on to after work. I am very excited about this journey and my wallet is already thanking me.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 02:36 AM   #77
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehwnnc View Post
Just wanted to chime in on this thread. I have taken on the task of quiting as well. I smoke 1.5 packs a day and starting this week i have been cutting down day by day. I couldnt quit cold turkey, i deal with too many people during the day and get very snappy when i dont smoke. As of today i have cut down to 4 cigs while at work when normally i would have smoked 4 by 10 a.m. I am trying to cut out smoking at work first then move on to after work. I am very excited about this journey and my wallet is already thanking me.

Good luck on your journey. I smoked 10-15 a day and gave up just over a year ago. Like you i gradualy brought the number down while also eating the pills (nichoret) when i felt the need to have a smoke. The thing that i really noticed and put me off smokeing was the stench of other smokers straight after they had smoked.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #78
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehwnnc View Post

Good for you. I'm still off them and haven't weakened yet. Still not a drink either. Keep it up!
Appreciate 0