E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Anyone with KW V1 coilover?

12-23-2006, 01:54 AM   #1
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Anyone with KW V1 coilover?

Hello fellas, I will be picking up my E90 335i this upcoming week. The first mod will be coilover to give it a more aggressive stance. I don't want springs. I want to know from those who have it, how does the ride on the V1 is compared to stock?

The reason I'm asking this is because if the ride is decent, I want to get it instead of the V2. I have a coilover in my current car now that has dampen settings and I never adjusted them after they were installed on the car so I feel as if it's a waste since I won't be tracking the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
BeeEmDubU
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 325i

I have them, and the ride quality is really good. If you want something that is really really stiff for track use, then you will be disappointed, but if you want something that is good for daily driving, then you should definitely consider these.

Compared to non-sport package, these were a bit stiffer, but not unbearable or anything. I can't compare to sport package suspension since I didn't have it, but I would think the ride quality would be similar to coilover suspension since it's a bit stiffer.
      12-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeEmDubU
I have them, and the ride quality is really good. If you want something that is really really stiff for track use, then you will be disappointed, but if you want something that is good for daily driving, then you should definitely consider these.

Compared to non-sport package, these were a bit stiffer, but not unbearable or anything. I can't compare to sport package suspension since I didn't have it, but I would think the ride quality would be similar to coilover suspension since it's a bit stiffer.
I won't be tracking in the 335i. I honestly don't know how some of my friends drive their cars around, when they have coilovers that are meant for the tracks. And they have it on the hardest settings, everytime they go over bumps, I have to support myself with my arms because the stiffness is too unbearable, lol.
I ordered the car with sports package simply because of the seats, I want to get this set of coilover for a nice no finger gap drop.

EDIT: How did you fix the headlight problem afer your coilover installed? Thanks!

Last edited by wj4; 12-23-2006 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
BeeEmDubU
Captain
Rep

What problem are you talking about with the headlights?
      12-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
HSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i Awhite/terra

Garage List
e46 m3  [0.00]
V10 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 C coupe  [0.00]
Quote:

+1 I have V1 on my car too
      12-24-2006, 02:33 AM   #6
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What problem are you talking about with the headlights?
This one you made. I know it's not a big deal..just curious to see if you got it fixed and if so, how.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19333
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 09:31 AM   #7
BeeEmDubU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
This one you made. I know it's not a big deal..just curious to see if you got it fixed and if so, how.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19333
oh haha, I made that post a really long time ago, even before I got my car. Regarding the question, I don't really notice any difference between before I had stock suspension and after I switched to coilovers. When I start my car, the headlight still adjusts up and down, so I'm not sure what that means. If the sensor does lie on the shock, then most likely I've lost that feature. However, I don't notice a difference at all while I'm driving. People on the other side of the road, however, may have a different opinion.