E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > what do you think my car is worth, dealer deal good enough?

08-13-2021, 08:05 PM   #1
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

what do you think my car is worth, dealer deal good enough?

Thinking of selling my car and buying a new one, nothing with it at the moment , I only have a bad bulb light on .
2011 , 328xi , premium package
168 000 km
3 stage intake ( disa valves replaced 3 months ago)
AA headers
AA tune
K and n filter
Ceramic coated
lower on kw coilovers ( the can be adjusted)
rear mtech bumper
front splitters
paint is 8 out of 10 , it has one tiny rust bubble , size of a pinky nail right beside the bottom of the rear right tire , cant really see it and its been like that for 4 years already
apex wheels 18 , plus set of winter tires on bmw rims
water pump replaced last year, brakes still good
all maintenance done at rmp and columbus .
No leaks as far as I can tell.
I have all the original parts which I can just give to the buyer
hasnt seen much winter in the past 3 years, no snow for sure .
it does have 3 accidents, all of them were rear bumper replacements, under 2000 $ each .
The car drives straight

I went to 2 audi dealers and they both offered 4500$ and I get to keep my rims ( which is probably 800-1000$) plus the tax savings on a new vehicle , roughly 6k in total, I could probably squeeze another 500$ if i really try and had a car ready to be purchased at the dealer. Of course the dealer is giving me price of stock car , not the mods add too much to it , but there is easily 3-4k in this car

I m trying to get a rough idea how much would be a good price , of course it would have to be over 6k , any idea?
I ve see the prices on autotrader are all over the place

this is canadian $$

Last edited by rick100; 08-13-2021 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 09:37 PM   #2
omar_has_a_bmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328xi

If I was in the market for car like yours, I would easily pay around $7k because of the instake upgrade, headers, tune and etc. You would probably have better luck putting the original parts in and then giving it to the dealer since they probably won't take in the mods you've done (at least in my experience)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #3
KhaosKid
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: ‘11 323i when it works

Your best bet would be to take off the mods and sell them separately after you trade the car in at the dealer, assuming you still have the original parts. If not, the. Private sale option is better because you will actually get value for the mods, unlike at the dealers. You could probably easily sell it for 8k selling privately without the rims, because of all the mods. Just takes a little longer to sell privately but its worth it in the long run since you WILL regret giving it to the dealer for $4000 imo.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 12:15 PM   #4
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaosKid View Post
Your best bet would be to take off the mods and sell them separately after you trade the car in at the dealer, assuming you still have the original parts. If not, the. Private sale option is better because you will actually get value for the mods, unlike at the dealers. You could probably easily sell it for 8k selling privately without the rims, because of all the mods. Just takes a little longer to sell privately but its worth it in the long run since you WILL regret giving it to the dealer for $4000 imo.
Sold it to a fellow member here for 8700 $ and I got to keep the original rims on winter tires and all the original parts. Probably worth around 500$ -800$

9500$ is a lot better than the 4k the dealer offered me
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 12:38 PM   #5
KhaosKid
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: ‘11 323i when it works

Nice, glad to hear that.

Screw the dealer
Appreciate 1
rick100551.00