E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > Need desperate HELP! :bulge::confused0068:

04-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
JYK
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328i

Arrow Need desperate HELP! :bulge::confused0068:

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi, I own a e90 328i -stock-

I got a place to do a custom job for my exhaust, but I quite do not know much about the whole exhaust system.

I would like to have those kind of sounds..

I need to tell my guy in the factory how I want my exhaust to be done!

If you guys can be so kind to suggest what kind of system I should install for those kind of sounds, I will appreciate your effort!

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
e90Krisztian
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LeMans Blue e90 M-Sport

First thing you want to do when looking at exhaust is.. and this is just my honest opinion.. is not looking for something that over states the power of your car. Example, a buddy of mine has a 2009 Honda s2000, bone stock besides intake, this new Camero kept pacing us, it sounded loud as hell (given the exhaust) so we thought it had to be a SS. Well my buddy walked alllllll over the Camero with his s2000; turns out the guy was driving not a SS, not a RS, but a LS!!!! I mean it had those nasty stock wheels and everything. When he pulled up next to us we asked what he was packing, he told us it was a LS with headers, an exhaust, and slightly dropped. Either way buy the way that car sounded I could have sworn it was a SS but sadly it was not. And if it was an SS he would have easily walked all over us but that was not the case, even though we thought it was. We thought, okay loud exhaust mean car... moral of the story don't over instate the power/performance of your car.. I have something coming here in a few days as far exhaust and I'm curious to see how it will sound, I'll let you know when I install it. Do you research before jumping to something, I bet both those cars in the videos are modded. Not to bash but the first exhaust is a little too loud for my taste and the second one is BMW Perf - of course, I like it just not the exhaust tips, MHO.
      04-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

how do you like this sound?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
JYK
United_States
Rep

Yeah

Not bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
how do you like this sound?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
JYK
United_States
Rep

haha!

Thank you for your advice, I have seen those cars as well around me.

And Please let me know how it goes with your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Krisztian View Post
First thing you want to do when looking at exhaust is.. and this is just my honest opinion.. is not looking for something that over states the power of your car. Example, a buddy of mine has a 2009 Honda s2000, bone stock besides intake, this new Camero kept pacing us, it sounded loud as hell (given the exhaust) so we thought it had to be a SS. Well my buddy walked alllllll over the Camero with his s2000; turns out the guy was driving not a SS, not a RS, but a LS!!!! I mean it had those nasty stock wheels and everything. When he pulled up next to us we asked what he was packing, he told us it was a LS with headers, an exhaust, and slightly dropped. Either way buy the way that car sounded I could have sworn it was a SS but sadly it was not. And if it was an SS he would have easily walked all over us but that was not the case, even though we thought it was. We thought, okay loud exhaust mean car... moral of the story don't over instate the power/performance of your car.. I have something coming here in a few days as far exhaust and I'm curious to see how it will sound, I'll let you know when I install it. Do you research before jumping to something, I bet both those cars in the videos are modded. Not to bash but the first exhaust is a little too loud for my taste and the second one is BMW Perf - of course, I like it just not the exhaust tips, MHO.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

You'd be extremely suprised on what muffler I have lol look for my thread in the media section about 3 months back XD or more info on the youtube vid
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
JYK
United_States
Rep

Sorryy..

Tried to find the video, but could not find the media section..

Not used to this forum yet..

Can you provide the source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
You'd be extremely suprised on what muffler I have lol look for my thread in the media section about 3 months back XD or more info on the youtube vid
Appreciate 0