E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Kingston Three store UK A****holes rant

09-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Kingston Three store UK A****holes rant

I upgraded to the S3 the day after the iphone 5 conference was held. Also i recently moved to a new place but only found out there is no signal since i only moved in 2 days ago so today i went to cancel the upgrade from the store. I was told they don't offer the same rights to upgrade customer ,only exchange handset if faulty within 28 days.

I said i used the phone and i don't like it , it is something you cannot feel from playing around with a demo but the CS said it's not as new and they said did you not read the contract before you signed it??

Ok that is the minor stuff but the main point is i get no service at all whereas my girlfriend with her Vodafone gets full signal!!!!!

So
No right to cancel my upgrade
No right to change my mind

when i first signed up for my contract 2 years ago i did get 14 days to cancel if i change my mind and 28 to exchange but the staff said they have never heard of it.

Clearly the franchise store is doing something wrong? Why don't i have the right to cancel or change a handset when i am not happy with it? vodafone offers it!

To be honest i've been with 3 for 2 years and i do like its plan, signal wise it's ok but it's these Franchise stores that makes me hate it.

I called three and they said they offer it if only i took the upgrade directly from them but as i took it with their franchise stores they don't have the power to do anything.

What good is there is every three store runs different policy ??? some stores do it some don't..Same with starbucks..i have a top up card and some stores tells me they aren't a part of the group.

The last time they don't me use that i just told them sorry where am i ? am i in costa? because my top up card says STARBUCKS AND CLEARLY Its the same logo you have on that wall then i get the good answer ' You want it or not sir'?

Finally no, i do not want to cancel my upgrade and get a iphone 5

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Sh*t happens, Alan.
      09-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

And STARBUCKS stopped selling the goddammed peach and rasberry low fat muffin. f*****s. F£$%*#S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
Bomber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 2015 X5 40D M Sport

Garage List
When you say you upgraded was you already with 3 and did that handset work?

It will be worth speaking to trading standards or Ofcom as they will give you your correct rights, I'm sure phone must be covered by the sales of goods act in which case the goods do not work at your home address and I'm sure they must have taken it before you signed the contract.

One more thing and this may have no bearing over your case but may be of use, if the sales person tells you something and later they denys it saying they didn't saying "its in the contract you should have read it" then in most cases you have a very strong case against the contract and 99% of the time the company will back down, this is why nearly all sales calls are recorded now.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

I had a similar dispute with Orange many years ago when the signal was virtually none existant & I'm fairly sure I was told that they don't guarantee that their service will work at a particular location ie home, & it's the customers responsibility to check this.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Bomber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
I had a similar dispute with Orange many years ago when the signal was virtually none existant & I'm fairly sure I was told that they don't guarantee that their service will work at a particular location ie home, & it's the customers responsibility to check this.
Your probably right, as well as some buildings materials block the signal, they should do something though

I bought a fairly expensive watch for my dad, after just over 2 years it stopped working, sent it back and the mechinism was faulty and they wanting to charge heavily for it as the warranty had just expired, after having a chat with Trading standards they advised to go back to them and say at the price it was (it was not fit for purpose) and should last far past 2 years, it was amazing they changed there tone immediately and replaced the watch with a new one, I'm not saying this is the law as a warranty is a warranty but if you buy something it has to do what you bought it for.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
Bomber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Some handy infomation here

http://www.money.co.uk/article/10077...get-signal.htm
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
When you say you upgraded was you already with 3 and did that handset work?

It will be worth speaking to trading standards or Ofcom as they will give you your correct rights, I'm sure phone must be covered by the sales of goods act in which case the goods do not work at your home address and I'm sure they must have taken it before you signed the contract.

One more thing and this may have no bearing over your case but may be of use, if the sales person tells you something and later they denys it saying they didn't saying "its in the contract you should have read it" then in most cases you have a very strong case against the contract and 99% of the time the company will back down, this is why nearly all sales calls are recorded now.
Yes the handset does work but i am paranoid about that as a consumer my rights has been breached..i need to find more info on this because they virtually don't offer anything apart from faulty exchange , it would be fair if three uk doesn't offer any returns or change of mind but this is not the case, the website clearly shows they do offer it.

How the hell do i suppose to know it's different online , how the hell do i know that is a franchise store and it runs policy completely different than the website.

It shouldn't be upto the consumer to dig every info out of them. I checked every online, went to the store to get an upgrade thinking they are the same company , nowhere does it say it's a franchise store...

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

You would certainly think that 3 would provide all franchises with strict guidelines & have them follow standard T & Cs,
Appreciate 0