E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Aussie Bmw Dealerships (black List)

11-29-2007, 04:25 AM   #199
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
CaptOz, welcome back

Good to be back Astra.

I am running IE7 which does not display the right of the screen. My classic thumbsup is not visible.

Cheers.

Last edited by CaptOz; 11-30-2007 at 06:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #200
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
I hate the new explorer... Someone installed it on one of my computers and it is so un-userfriendly
      11-29-2007, 11:28 PM   #201
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Service Advisors staying or going do you know?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 05:00 AM   #202
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

I hope the service department remains the same once Alto is taken over. You have no idea how happy i am about the takeover by BMW Aus. I congratulated BMW Aus, mainly in there dealership (Sydney BMW)for listening to customers who have had 1 out of 5 star service from Alto.

Last edited by Chris.G; 11-30-2007 at 05:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 06:17 AM   #203
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
I believe they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
...1 out of 5 star service from Alto.
Was the service really that bad? What did Alto do that lost them BMW?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 06:27 AM   #204
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
I believe they are.

Was the service really that bad? What did Alto do that lost them BMW?

Cheers.
From what i heard there were a lot of people that were not happy with the customer service. I am one of them, and my very first post explains why.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #205
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Well the service from Bib Stillwell is still sensational.

Received a phone call from my salesperson a few days ago just to confirm everything was 100% correct before sending the order for my car off for its January build

In the process I did add Logic 7 and confort access, so probably even better for his comission but that wasn't the purpose of his call

So Bib Stillwell Prahran 10/10 still
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #206
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
I believe they are.
That's not really an answer you know
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #207
eml
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe, F48 X1 xDr25i

last i heard was that alto was suing bmw. if that's the case, then i doubt if they (bmw or a replacement dealer) is going to be able to use the existing premise. and bmw (or the replacement dealer) will have to get a new place in the area (which i heard is mostly owned by alto). hmmm ...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 03:29 AM   #208
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eml View Post
last i heard was that alto was suing bmw. if that's the case, then i doubt if they (bmw or a replacement dealer) is going to be able to use the existing premise. and bmw (or the replacement dealer) will have to get a new place in the area (which i heard is mostly owned by alto). hmmm ...
If this is going to court then i can't see BMW Aus losing. I mean the customer service ratings are low and since the franchise contract for BMW states the minimum customer service rating as 4 out of 5 stars on average. I really can't see what defence Alto group has for failing to meet contract clauses. The poor service has been going on for a while already, from what ive seen nothing has changed in the dealership. They still have the same salesmen working there (the one that treated me like a moron), i mean if Alto wanted to rectify its lack of customer service then why would they not make the crucial staff changes

BMW Aus has everything covered legally due to the fact that Alto group has signed the BMW franchise contract clauses. SInce Alto has not met certain standards for a certain time period they WILL lose there dealerships.
Only Denny Crane can save Alto now(gotta love Boston Legal)
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 04:20 AM   #209
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Yeah, but thats YOUR experience with them. It's not everyone of their customers experience across the board. I've bought cars from Alto and have them service my M3 and have never had a complaint. In fact, I'm more than happy to recommend my SA John Kelly as he has always been of immense help and gone out of his way with the service on my M3 in regards to the servicing experience, pricing, parts and organising drop offs and pick ups to the dealership and delivering the car when I want it. Along with consistant phone calls to keep me in the loop with whats happening. If it all goes arse up for Alto I'll be ringing him or stopping in before hand to see if he's moving to another BMW dealership or staying with Alto, if he's sticking with BMW they'll get my service wherever he goes. I bought a car from Alto in the past because I found the service experience with my M3 that good.

It's a broad blanket approach to condem the entire organisation, its people, and culture because of a bad expereince you had with one of their sales guys. Obviously there are underlying issues if its come to this with BMW Aust, but not everyone has had or has bad experiences with them. If you have had repeated experiences that were consistently sub par then I'd agree with everything your saying and reckon you deserve a better go for sure. But if its based off one or limited experience well that's a bit different.

Here's an example of perspective. I recently got a car from Trivett's, and was entirely happy with the process. However being in a rush I left my copies of the sale contract and rego papers at the dealership, in the end I ended up at the dealership 3 times before I ended up with the papers I was after, twice on the weekend(s) and once during the week. All the paperwork is apparently locked over the weekends. Now, these things happen and people forget etc, in no way did it hinder or reduce my experience, although it was a little annoying. But at the end of the day its of no bearing to the out come. A lot of people have posted they have had good experience with Trivett's and so did I, the sales guy after I went down to see the car which turned out not being on the lot came out to see me with it, we agreed on price in principle in less than 5 minutes and the entire thing was hassle free, they even agreed to a trade in figure without seeing the trade. I'd be happy to recommend them for sales, although I can't comment on their service as I've not had work done by them.

How much business have you done with Alto? Part of me can't but wonder if all this hostility against Alto is because your shitty the sales guy treated you like a twenty something year old when you went in there and didn't treat you like the sun shone out of your arse. (I'm not trying to cause offense don't get me wrong), but at the end of the day everyone here is buying BMW's, not high end exotics like Lambo's, Aston Martin's etc. The sales guys deal with a lot of tyre kickers and time wasters, its no excuse for plain right rudeness however, but not everyone that walks into a dealership is looking to buy a car.

I guess a cynical part of me can't help but wonder the hostility to dealerships are if peoples expectations are so high because they are buying a "prestigious BMW" or because they feel jilted that they aren't bent over backwards for.

I forgot to add, I think Costa's post on the first page is worthwhile advice.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 05:41 AM   #210
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

First off, my bitter experience with Alto Artarmon was with one of there senior salesmen. I would love to name him but i do not know about legalities of posting names on the internet, so i won't. This man was so arrogant in his response to me after i asked him what deal he could do for a Alto customer. WOW big mistake on my behalf! He went all out in trying to explain a Business student at UTS(me) the economics of purchasing a car that is in huge demand. He went one step more by saying if i could get a grand off the car i should let him know so he can send his customers over. As he was explaining this a lady that is also a part of sales team had a good laugh at me. So excuse me 1q2w3e4r for being bitter and hostile but as a customer, i on that day felt like shit.

I am a down to earth guy as a person, i don't waltz into a dealership like i own the world. I certainly didn't deserve the kind of service that i received on the day. In your post you do come off like a complete ahole for even bringing my age into this. "twenty something year old when you went in there and didn't treat you like the sun shone out of your arse" BMW Sydney didn't treat me like a moron, they treated me with RESPECT that should be the right for all people who enter dealerships for enquiring/purchasing cars.
Im glad your experience was great but i know for a fact from employees in BMW Aus dealership who informed me that Alto have had poor customer service ratings, its the main reason they will be stripped of there franchise contract. So it really doesn't matter if i am hostile against Alto or not because at the end of the day im not the only one that has been mistreated.

I am not going to post in this thread until next year, im off tomorrow to enjoy a nice break from work and studies.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #211
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Cool dude, I only mentioned your age, because you mentioned it first, as did a number of other members (mention their own) in previous posts (at least 3) I'm glad BMW Sydney stepped up to the plate for you and enjoy the break over the New Year and Christmas!

When does the new car turn up?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #212
Husky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 Touring

If you want proof that the Alto group problem is a cultural one just take a look at my earlier posts in this thread. I dealt directly with the CEO of the organisation when resolving my problem.

If a dealership manager is caught out lying and remains in his position guiding junior staff how much hope is there for change? Having said that I am sure there are some descent people within the organisation, unfortunately we never had the good fortune of finding them.
      12-04-2007, 05:06 AM   #213
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Cool dude, I only mentioned your age, because you mentioned it first, as did a number of other members (mention their own) in previous posts (at least 3) I'm glad BMW Sydney stepped up to the plate for you and enjoy the break over the New Year and Christmas!

When does the new car turn up?
Thanks mate, im currently in Singapore with my best friends on a long needed break. I received a call from BMW Sydney just the other day telling me the order is put through and it will arrive in march.

Just incase i can't find a computer in the next few weeks, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #214
[SIPUT]
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: sparkling graphite 320i

astra.. last weekend i went to final battle autosalon..i think i saw your car there...am i right? i love your bbs better than those gold rims tho'
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #215
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Hehehe, yes that was me...

Did you go in the morning? Cos i was only there in the afternoons, so my car was all locked up and boring in the mornings...

Ahhh, you gotto love the ROH wheels - they were so autosalon The car will rub like crazy with them on i would think

I had the car slammed at the show though it's so going back to that, it looked great i think!

There were some "interesting" BMW's there huh... Did you see that bimmer that took out an award? LOL
      12-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #216
[SIPUT]
Second Lieutenant
Rep

i was there saturday afternoon and stay until the end of the show...
had to help my mates from Top One... u might recognise his car..its featured in autosalon magazine... black e60 with hammann bodykit and 20" forged rims

as for bmw's..yes..very "nice" bimmers huh? lol
theres no way e46 or e90 can took out trophy..unless you airbrushed and blinged your car like those e36...or make it look like a ute .. lol

astra keep your car slammed...it looks hawt that way...

for TS...sorry out of topic
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 07:56 PM   #217
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SIPUT] View Post
i was there saturday afternoon and stay until the end of the show...
had to help my mates from Top One... u might recognise his car..its featured in autosalon magazine... black e60 with hammann bodykit and 20" forged rims

as for bmw's..yes..very "nice" bimmers huh? lol
theres no way e46 or e90 can took out trophy..unless you airbrushed and blinged your car like those e36...or make it look like a ute .. lol

astra keep your car slammed...it looks hawt that way...

for TS...sorry out of topic
yeh i remember that car, except it didn't look like it had much of the bodykit left? just hamann emblems, and M5 side vents...

i saw the car at the dealer a little while back when it had the bodykit on, looked nice
      12-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #218
[SIPUT]
Second Lieutenant
Rep

yes you're right...he went back to indonesia for good and he took the kit with him (he also drive 5 series there)....he bought the whole kit for 17,000 USD

he's selling the car now...including everything except bodykit...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #219
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Ahh, you should of got him to stay for the cuise lol
      12-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #220
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Received a letter the other day, confirming my order has been placed for January production and the car due February even though it was said week commencing the 17th March!
Appreciate 0