E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Here it is......

08-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #67
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Obviously I hope the missus recovers well mate.

Looking through your list of complaints about the interior (I'm going to sound like a dealer here) wouldn't this sort of thing be kind of expected in a car of this age??? I know probably disappointing, and a bit of a shock initially, to find the interior so different to the exterior, but this car is an old car that has been lived in, used, and shows signs of this. Was it bad enough to seriously put you off what looks like a cracking well cared for motor of this age/price???

I suppose the dog issue might be enough on it's own to put you off.

If you got it cheaper would you not be able to right some of the wrongs (or live with them)??

Thinking about the interior of the E46 I just sold (on an 03 plate), now the interior was far from immaculate, the 'carbon' trim on the door handles was badly worn, scuffs & marks in some places, seats definately showing signs of wear. I thought nothing of it, neither did the purchasers it seems. I considered it to be in very good condition, bar the door handles, but then again, it was 8 years old. This Merc was older.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #68
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Hope lisa is ok mate!!

How much was the AMG as I never saw how much it was?!
      08-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #69
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Have to agree with Rog to an extent, an old car should be expected to be a bit used. Can be a problem with someone used to newer cars then buying older cars as their expectations are a bit higher. After a long trip to view it I can see you could easily be annoyed by things.
However, you did the right thing by walking away because if it annoyed you at that stage it would really annoy once you had a car a few months.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #70
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
However, you did the right thing by walking away because if it annoyed you at that stage it would really annoy once you had a car a few months.
Not convinced to be fair (though Steve would know better than me ).

I thought the worn door handles/grips on mine would drive me mad and I'd definately change them but, after a while, I just got used to it and never noticed, plus a new set would have cost a couple of hundred quid to replace (properly), or I could have wrapped them I suppose, but I couldn't be arsed.

In the end I realised I only paid £8k for the car, and was only temporary, so wasn't bothered after a while. Thinking about it the alloys, when looked at carefully, were screwed, all bobbly/blistered/discoloured, but I did nothing about them either; just cleaned them up as much as I could.

I know what you're saying Dave, I'm used to much newer/nicer metal, and it was a bit of a shock, but soon got used to it. That's the price of minimising your depreciation of going down the older used option. People expect it to look used though. That said, if you couldn't live with it, best to walk away.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #71
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Guys of course i gave an allowance for the quality of and older cars interior. I do have some general common sense however these questions were posed to the seller before i travelled down.

The most important thing was the dog hair issue. Im fucking allergic to the hairy slobbery twats i don't need/want the itching that is associated with them. End of

The car was described as in perfect working order. It was not. Just because i'm buying old, doesn't have to mean buying tatty.

When you ask someone about the pixeling before you travel and then drive 226 miles to find out it DOES actually have a pixel problem is and was nearly enough for me to chin the cunt.

All of the problems could have been fixed but the guy wasn't prepared to fix them at his cost and neither was i so i politely told him to suck my hairy balls.

On the plus side the engine was a peach and so was the bodywork. But if i was an Arab prince and i had paid good money for someone to steal me a virgin so i could i get well excited to bang the shit out of it and then i get an hairy arsed 40 yr old german shemale shot putter as a prize id be well pissed off. And i was.

Lisa is ok at the moment moaning a little and probably feeling i dont care coz im juggling lots of balls but ill look after her. we fly to florida 14 days today so she needs to recover asap.
      08-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #72
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
When you ask someone about the pixeling before you travel and then drive 226 miles to find out it DOES actually have a pixel problem....
Thats annoying. The pixel issue is well known - why lie when you obviously know what to look for!

Do you think it was clocked too?

It should have been top notch for the money they were asking. You can get them a lot cheaper (albeit with NASA as previous owner)....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3022429.htm

PS Sorry to hear about your other half.
      08-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #73
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
But if i was an Arab prince and i had paid good money for someone to steal me a virgin so i could i get well excited to bang the shit out of it and then i get an hairy arsed 40 yr old german shemale shot putter as a prize id be well pissed off. And i was.
i just laughed out aloud mate
But yeah, totally wank he tried to pull a bit of a fast one and maybe hope you wouldn't notice things like the mirrors

Glad the missus is ok.
      08-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #74
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina G21 D3S

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Hi Steve,

Firstly, hope Lisa is on the road to recovery.

Secondly, that dealer has been mentioned in on a number of different forums as having suspiciously similar mileage M5's for sale and the wear and tear on vehicles in stock not matching up with the mileage despite the paperwork appearing to be ok. Caveat Emptor and all that. Plenty more cars out there, so no doubt you'll find a good one soon.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 07:26 AM   #75
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
What a PITA mate - Hope Lisa is feeling better.

The car did look like a hearse. Not my cup of tea but each to their own.