E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Charlottesville

Closed Thread

08-12-2017, 11:37 PM   #23
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'01 Dinan Z3 3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Then why was your first reply here to question my comments, and you have yet to condemn this attack. Why not stand for what you believe first, rather than call out some anonymous guy on the 'net?
Your comment stated that the video represented all Trump supporters. So, I asked if you generalized much. I then followed that up by stating that it did not represent me or anything that I stand for. To me, that pretty much condemns the attacks. It's okay for you to call out some anonymous guy on the net, but condemn someone else for what you feel was calling you out
President, Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915 www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"

Last edited by SakhirM4; 08-12-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #24
zx10guy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Please give us more information about these "sick liberal protests."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...book/90774106/
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 11:43 PM   #25
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'01 Dinan Z3 3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Please give us more information about these "sick liberal protests."
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/li...rticle/2621227

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...p-inauguration
President, Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915 www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 3
      08-12-2017, 11:57 PM   #26
pz619
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

All I can do is shake my head. One person is dead. Many more are injured. It's sickening and it's terrorism.

As for the political side. It's disheartening as a minority to find that once again, Trump won't denounce white supremacy. Just like he didn't with David Duke while on the campaign trail.
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2017, 12:04 AM   #27
zx10guy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie_2005 View Post
what's happening in Virginia is disgusting.

RIP to the troopers who died in the helicopter crash. RIP to the lady that got killed in the car attack.

I'm severely disappointed in Trump's statement on the issue. Times like these is when we need someone with actual leadership abilities and inspiring comments. Trump showed none of that. his statement seemed half-assed at best, uninspiring and tone deaf.

but hey, he can't really get on TV and slam the people that voted for him.
And where was your disappointment with Obama when all those riots were breaking out last year?
Appreciate 3
      08-13-2017, 12:16 AM   #28
Delta0311
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
And where was your disappointment with Obama when all those riots were breaking out last year?
I remember all the violent protest when Trump got elected and many of the liberal posters on here where like, "omg a few violent protesters are not a full representation of the left. You guys are such bigots." And none of them said anything when Obama didn't say a damn thing in reference to all the craziness the left was pulling.
Today some moron runs over a bunch of people and it's Trumps fault and of course we also got to blame "whitey". Because somehow all us white people rise up at 0530 to the sound of Horst-Wessel-Lied, put on our finest Hugo Boss SS uniforms, and then hold a meeting where we discuss new ways of oppressing minorities. This is followed by a nice brunch and some lively goose stepping.

Last edited by Delta0311; 08-13-2017 at 12:18 AM. Reason: F
Appreciate 8
      08-13-2017, 12:25 AM   #29
kitesurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
f82 M4  [0.00]
Check out info wars, interesting prospective on a conspiracy lead by George Soros and company as it relates to these riots

https://www.infowars.com/exclusive-v...ve-gatherings/
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 12:25 AM   #30
anglo
Shoplifter
France
Rep
Drives: M4

What happened was awful but to my liberal friends, can't you guys not stand in the middle of the road, blocking traffic when protesting?
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2017, 01:44 AM   #31
jmg
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Because it was a jackass comment/question!
Feel a bit unfair that a small group of people like these "Unite The Right" idiots be representative of the entire right wing population doesn't it? Now you know how it feels when the right wing does the same to the left. Or maybe you don't. It's not like there is a history of earnest self-reflection here.
Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2017, 01:48 AM   #32
obe100
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the weekends…

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obe100 View Post
Why should he?

Don't try and look at this with rose colored glasses.

Trump's response was pathetic at best.

He's okay accepting their vote; yet pussy when it comes to condemning them
Trumps comment seemed appropriate--hard to criticize really.

President Donald Trump told reporters: "We are closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Virginia. We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides. It has been going on for a long time in our country -- not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. It has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America." CNN.
Appropriate?!?!?! Hard to criticize?!?!?! You know, some of you are proving to be a bit naive and appear to live in a bubble.

Here's how trump's statement was received by the "alt-right" aka white supremacists/nationalists:

President Trump?s response to the violence that left at least one dead in Charlottesville, Virginia ? where he condemned ?this egregious display of hatred? ? was taken as an endorsement of the alt-right by Nicholas Fuentes, an alt-right online TV host for Right Side Broadcasting Network.

?President Trump?s comments perfectly aligned with our side of the protest today, as they were intentionally ambiguous to go along with Washington?s speech codes, yet still managed to condemn the violent Left,? said Fuentes.

Please understand that Trump lacks moral conviction. Fundamentally, this guy DOES NOT represent who we truly are as a nation. If he does we are thoroughly fucked. He's surrounded himself with nationalists and populists: i.e., Bannon & Miller - both extremists. He is singlehandedly destroying the Republican Party and most are sitting around watching it happen. Sure a little shake-up can be beneficial, but the people he's pandering to is not good for this country and the world over.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 01:51 AM   #33
schoy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
What happened was awful but to my liberal friends, can't you guys not stand in the middle of the road, blocking traffic when protesting?
How about this one back in 1925, in Washington DC?

http://mallhistory.org/files/origina...0437484c01.jpg

Oh wait ...

Edit: I guess MLK, Jr. should have stayed off the road too. I'm sure that would have been just as powerful of a statement.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...nstrators.jpeg

Last edited by schoy; 08-13-2017 at 07:02 AM.
Appreciate 1
Lups9000

08-13-2017, 01:53 AM   #34
jmg
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Well, I voted for Trump and that does not represent me or anything that I stand for nor anyone that I know.
To use your words:

Quote:
Days of rioting by a bunch of idiots against law enforcement involving innocent bystanders that had nothing to do with their beef. If these people were that upset at the "man", they would be rioting at a local police station. But these rioters are too chicken shit to do that because they're just looking for an excuse to pile on and get a free pass to act like a fool.

...neither do these. Wouldn't it be reasonable if the conservatives in this forum remember this next time they post some ultra-left shenanigans and blame the "liberals" and "libertards" for the actions of a section of the left. They represent liberal ideals as much as these racist ultra rights represent the right do... I hope.
Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 02:08 AM   #35
obe100
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the weekends…

Quote:
Quote:
Why should he?

Don't try and look at this with rose colored glasses.

Trump's response was pathetic at best.

He's okay accepting their vote; yet pussy when it comes to condemning them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie_2005 View Post
what's happening in Virginia is disgusting.

RIP to the troopers who died in the helicopter crash. RIP to the lady that got killed in the car attack.

I'm severely disappointed in Trump's statement on the issue. Times like these is when we need someone with actual leadership abilities and inspiring comments. Trump showed none of that. his statement seemed half-assed at best, uninspiring and tone deaf.

but hey, he can't really get on TV and slam the people that voted for him.
^^^Typical play from you Trumptards...

When all else fails (and there are lots of failures) speak on Obama; slam Hillary; oh....and we won. Blah...blah...blah.

You sound like Trump talks...a 5th grader. "What about Obama"....give it a rest. If he's the greatest to ever do it Obama shouldn't matter. Instead he's on track to be the most polarizing president ever.

This was an abysmal failure on Trump's part. Since his pathetic speech, he's had several hours to echo the sentiments of Cruz, Rubio, Sessions, and other republicans. But nothing!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 06:02 AM   #36
schoy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Trumps comment seemed appropriate--hard to criticize really.

President Donald Trump told reporters: "We are closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Virginia. We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides. It has been going on for a long time in our country -- not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. It has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America." CNN.
No, wrong. On one side of the Charlottesville rally was the white nationalists and white supremacists. On the other side were those protesting against white nationalism and white supremacy.

Now, tell me with a straight face that both sides have a long history of "hatred, bigotry and violence". Seems to me only one side has that long history.
Appreciate 3
      08-13-2017, 06:06 AM   #37
schoy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Seriously? ONE protest, which is reprehensible, compared to all the sickening liberal protests? Have you conveniently forgotten all those? I love liberal amnesia.
If you want to bring up history, why stop there? Feel free to bring up all of the violence against blacks, Chinese, Mexicans, etc. during the last 150 years. Or have you conveniently forgotten all those? I love conservative amnesia.

Last edited by schoy; 08-13-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Appreciate 5
      08-13-2017, 06:53 AM   #38
zx10guy
Major
Rep

Quote:

When all else fails (and there are lots of failures) speak on Obama; slam Hillary; oh....and we won. Blah...blah...blah.

You sound like Trump talks...a 5th grader. "What about Obama"....give it a rest. If he's the greatest to ever do it Obama shouldn't matter. Instead he's on track to be the most polarizing president ever.

This was an abysmal failure on Trump's part. Since his pathetic speech, he's had several hours to echo the sentiments of Cruz, Rubio, Sessions, and other republicans. But nothing!
Another ignorant comment from someone that's so clouded by their political ideals. You don't know my political affiliation. If you have done your research, you'll see I have been also critical about things that Trump has done. I don't align myself as a Republican or a Democrat.

This thread was started to talk about what happened at a white supremacist rally. It's you all with such a stick up your rears with Trump that you all get a rise out of anything you can remotely pin to him.

You all retorted about how weak Trump's condemnation of the what happened at this protest and I retorted if you all applied the same criticism about Obama's lack of condemnation of the riots last year. When you cry about a rebuttal challenging your uneven application of your standards as a "5th grader" response, I guess having a mirror placed in front of you hurts doesn't it?

Last edited by zx10guy; 08-13-2017 at 07:38 AM.
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2017, 06:59 AM   #39
zx10guy
Major
Rep

Quote:

One more thing. At least you recognize the firm condemnation of the heinous act at the protest by Republicans. In comparison to last year's riots, we can say the entire Democratic party was united in their weak condemnation of the actions of the idiot rioters.
Appreciate 4
      08-13-2017, 07:00 AM   #40
schoy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Another ignorant comment from someone that's so clouded by their political ideals. You don't know my political affiliation. If you have done your research, you'll see I have been also critical about things that Trump has done. I don't align myself as a Republican or a Democrat.

This thread was started to talk about what happened at a white supremacist. It's you all with such a stick up your rears with Trump that you all get a rise out of anything you can remotely pin to him.

You all retorted about how weak Trump's condemnation of the what happened at this protest and I retorted if you all applied the same criticism about Obama's lack of condemnation of the riots last year. When you cry about a rebuttal challenging their uneven application of their standards as a "5th grader" response, I guess having a mirror placed in front of you hurts doesn't it?
So, just to be clear, you're agreeing that Trump's condemnation of this protest was "weak", right?
Appreciate 1
Lups9000

08-13-2017, 07:07 AM   #41
zx10guy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
So, just to be clear, you're agreeing that Trump's condemnation of this protest was "weak", right?
He should have been more direct with his condemnation. It's reminiscent of the controversy that brewed up during his presidential campaign in regards to David Duke. With someone who has shown himself to not care what others think and has been very direct with some of his statements, this is pretty troubling.

But I'm not going to make the leap that he is a racist.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2017, 07:10 AM   #42
schoy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
He should have been more direct with his condemnation. It's reminiscent of the controversy that brewed up during his presidential campaign in regards to David Duke. With someone who has shown himself to not care what others think and has been very direct with some of his statements, this is pretty troubling.

But I'm not going to make the leap that he is a racist.
Fair enough.
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #43
anglo
Shoplifter
France
Rep
Drives: M4

Nothing against your protests but dont fuckin block traffic and bang on people's cars that are trying to drive through.

North Dakota is working on a bill to protect drivers that hit protesters blocking traffic.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2017/0...ucting-traffic
Appreciate 3
      08-13-2017, 07:24 AM   #44
zx10guy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Nothing against your protests but dont fuckin block traffic and bang on people's cars that are trying to drive through.

North Dakota is working on a bill to protect drivers that hit protesters blocking traffic.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2017/0...ucting-traffic
Lost in all of this is how the counter protesters escalated the situation by being physically confrontational. As much as many of us would denounce the white supremacist movement as a whole, this country was built on free speech. It doesn't mean free speech as long as the majority agrees with it. And the white supremacists had a permit to march.

Like clockwork, the snowflakes across the country take to the streets in response to the incident in Charlottesville...walking down highways, blocking traffic....yeah random commuters are all complicit to the things you're protesting against.
Appreciate 4
Closed Thread