E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW RWD Driver Training Day on 16th May@North Wealds

04-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
XKaLiBaR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

BMW RWD Driver Training Day on 16th May@North Wealds

Following on from the last years event, another event has been set up, but this time with even LESS cars! Which means more time driving!

This is a great event to let rip your car without worrying about crashing into a pavement, or another car. Andy Walsh, a guy who rip the crap out of the CSL cup on his first and only visit, will be attending to give first hand tuition, if you want it. This is included in the day.

Here is the link to the event if you wish to book http://www.carlimits.com/script/view...month=20110501

Here are some videos of last years event

Mods ListAP Racing BBKs, Bilstein PSS10 , Rogue Engineering Pulleys, RTM and Transmission Mounts, Eibach ARBs, Supersprint LightWeight Race Muffler, Miltek 100 Cell Cats, Recaro Pole Positions, Aluminium Brushed Trim, Csl Steering wheel, Imola Red Arm Rest, CSL Diffuser, 10mm Eibach Spacers, Depo Indicators, Custom blacked out front grills, Carbon Fibre Side Grills, Custom UUC ClutchStop, CSL OEM Bootlid, V-CSL Bumper,
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

North Weald as in Essex?

If so I might be up for this. What's involved? How safe is it? Any more info? Looked at the link but it's a bit thin on actual itinerary.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Hmm the website mentions "2 laps" and has some pics of what looks like a carpark....
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
XKaLiBaR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

The day will start off with a briefing, followed by a high speed bend, which they record the speed you enter the corner at. You will get instruction for this if you want to, but they will be giving tips everytime its your go. You have targets to hit, and if you go over line you have failed the corner and your speed won't count
After an hour or so, 2 tracks will be set up, and the group will be split in 2. You can switch between the 2 whenever and as many times as you want.

The event is for driver training, which is always held in very large car parks, with cones to direct which way to go. You can treat the day, as a way to improve your driving and understand your car more, or you can do what I do, and practise drifting.

You will get more than 2 laps! If a lap takes roughly 1 minute, with a cue of 6 cars, would get roughly 9-10. Goes per hour, which is plenty, especially as the day is an 8am-5pm event.

Yes its at north weald essex. If. You guys want any more info, I'll try and answer them. I will post up last years link, which has more info, when I get home later, as I'm typing from my BB atm!
Mods ListAP Racing BBKs, Bilstein PSS10 , Rogue Engineering Pulleys, RTM and Transmission Mounts, Eibach ARBs, Supersprint LightWeight Race Muffler, Miltek 100 Cell Cats, Recaro Pole Positions, Aluminium Brushed Trim, Csl Steering wheel, Imola Red Arm Rest, CSL Diffuser, 10mm Eibach Spacers, Depo Indicators, Custom blacked out front grills, Carbon Fibre Side Grills, Custom UUC ClutchStop, CSL OEM Bootlid, V-CSL Bumper,
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
That looks like fun... Real shame I've got no sound on my computer at work, I'll have to watch it again in the morning when I get home!
      04-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Did this last year in the M3

Andy drifted my car from one end of the airfield to the other!!

A great way to finish a set of worn tyres off
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #7
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
Did this last year in the M3
Kinda guessed that from the video
      04-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
Kinda guessed that from the video
lol. posted that from my iphone earlier and the app didn't show the video

Feel a little daft now

Great fun though - after watching that vid (three times!) I may be tempted to particpate again! Got some new tyres on the way and the current ones only have a few mm left. Hmmmmm, temptation!!
Appreciate 0