E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Tha Fast Life WIDEBODY E90!!! DPE, Vorsteiner, Rotora, M-TECH, Status Racing.

01-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #89
kushtrim
Major
Albania
Rep
Drives: AW 528 xdrive (AW 335i coupe s

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [10.00]
wow sick , more pix please !!!!
M-tech front and rear bumpers /M3 style side skirts/gloss black painted roof/ black window trim/Matt black grill/35%tints/4"dimisaTips/CF splitters/M3 style trunk spoiler/VMR V70s/JB4/BMS dci/AMS FMIC/H&R sport with BMW performance shocks.
Thanx Sal and he's crew@AutoCoutureMotoring
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #90
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Banh Xeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDeJ View Post
but as we know thats mostly bullshit because you wont get far with just a kayak lmao
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_taylor View Post
The eisenmann race on the v10 is enough for me to not want to have a radio in my car, even if it means I can't listen to Kanye West rap about how cool he is
I was gonna get a M5 just for that sound........... 2009 fully loaded with 40k miles. Would of had it for 60k FLAT But no. My dad don't like RED ON RED. It had the Extended Novilla so IT WAS ALLL RED ALL OVER....
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #91
drknight
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 sDrive30i M-Sport

good chit Lance!!! cant wait to see this beast in person man!!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #92
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
LOL!

I was gonna get a M5 just for that sound........... 2009 fully loaded with 40k miles. Would of had it for 60k FLAT But no. My dad don't like RED ON RED. It had the Extended Novilla so IT WAS ALLL RED ALL OVER....
that sounds so sexy
      01-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #93
335 oClock
MOE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i 6MT

wowwwwww sick. nice work.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #94
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
kind of depends on how my business does in June I want the V10, it's the cost of the wiring, $10k, that makes my head hurt. I know it wont be the fastest, but, I just want to have some fun.
Good choice, I would do the same thing. In the end $25000 to make e90 v10 up and running. Not bad since M5 were 100K when they first came out. Im sure you will be faster than most FBO N54 w/meth until single turbo comes into play.
Good luck with your build and hopefully I can join you in V10 E90 club this summer as well
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #95
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
Good choice, I would do the same thing. In the end $25000 to make e90 v10 up and running. Not bad since M5 were 100K when they first came out. Im sure you will be faster than most FBO N54 w/meth until single turbo comes into play.
Good luck with your build and hopefully I can join you in V10 E90 club this summer as well
I know I am never going to be the fastest, just want to pick up the most girls

You want to do v10 too? That would be sick. I have done a decent amount of research on it, $25k should do the trick for sure. Maybe even 20k if there isn't too much fabrication work. I would just hate to have things go wrong since I would be already pushing my budget, couldn't afford to dump another 5k if the tranny goes out.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #96
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
LOL!

Yeah man, that sound is just nuts. Red on red would have been awesome, only seen that once on the e46 m3.

Red on red is bad luck in my country, so people stick stickers on their car saying "this car is white" etc to counter the bad luck. Kind of strange to see
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #97
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
wow...

That is all i have to say
      01-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #98
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi

Very nice widebody. As the others have said, more pictures please.

Quote:
kind of depends on how my business does in June I want the V10, it's the cost of the wiring, $10k, that makes my head hurt. I know it wont be the fastest, but, I just want to have some fun.
I was planning on doing this about a year ago. While the price may sound stable, the unexpected hurdles get you. Consider the cost of the engine, ecu, wiring, and mostly, the transmission. Then you have the process of removal.

With a clean slate you will need to find a way to get the power down, meaning engine in the car, wiring done to an ecu that is willing to communicate with your cluster and other components, if you plan on keeping them, along with the transmission's compatibility with the shafts, and a new differential.

If you do it though, and I highly recommend you do , please post the write up. And as always, good luck with your car. She's a beauty.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #99
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E90 335i

Garage List
holy shit... dat widebody soooo sick!!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #100
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by issabmw View Post
Very nice widebody. As the others have said, more pictures please.

I was planning on doing this about a year ago. While the price may sound stable, the unexpected hurdles get you. Consider the cost of the engine, ecu, wiring, and mostly, the transmission. Then you have the process of removal.

With a clean slate you will need to find a way to get the power down, meaning engine in the car, wiring done to an ecu that is willing to communicate with your cluster and other components, if you plan on keeping them, along with the transmission's compatibility with the shafts, and a new differential.

If you do it though, and I highly recommend you do , please post the write up. And as always, good luck with your car. She's a beauty.
Great advice man. That is exactly what I am worried about, I know it can be done but to do it properly is very costly. If the car were to have issues, it would be an absolute nightmare and just the thought scares me. I called Hartge a while back to ask them what the cost would be to do this swap, they wanted to charge $130,000 which was just crazy. Did you check out GSR's e92 with the v10? just crazy. For the wiring, I spoke to a company down in SoCal about doing the wiring and a stand alone, the components were about $10,000 without the tuning which would be $3,000. Other option can be a fully built 2jz-gte which this isn't my choice at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #101
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Great advice man. That is exactly what I am worried about, I know it can be done but to do it properly is very costly. If the car were to have issues, it would be an absolute nightmare and just the thought scares me. I called Hartge a while back to ask them what the cost would be to do this swap, they wanted to charge $130,000 which was just crazy. Did you check out GSR's e92 with the v10? just crazy. For the wiring, I spoke to a company down in SoCal about doing the wiring and a stand alone, the components were about $10,000 without the tuning which would be $3,000. Other option can be a fully built 2jz-gte which this isn't my choice at all.
Lol, I heard the Hartge quote before. $130,000 is beyond ridiculous.

Are you referring to Essa's e92? If so, yes its a sick vehicle.

All these prices are beyond what r&d/labor costs. They seem like estimates to me, factoring in a nice profit they threw in there, because they probably think anyone attempting this has some cash to throw around.

I'm imagining the wiring for a 2JZ would be even worse, given no similarities to the e90 whatsoever, something at least the E60 has. Personally if I had to swap, it would be an S54.

You could always hold off and supercharge it; that'll get you around some 350 odd ponies; I'm assuming its a 330i.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #102
bpsu07
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

01-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #103
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
I know I am never going to be the fastest, just want to pick up the most girls

You want to do v10 too? That would be sick. I have done a decent amount of research on it, $25k should do the trick for sure. Maybe even 20k if there isn't too much fabrication work. I would just hate to have things go wrong since I would be already pushing my budget, couldn't afford to dump another 5k if the tranny goes out.
SWAG

I dont think you will ever do it, but please prove me wrong. a m5 motor with electric cutouts right after the headers, holy shit. than you can have it super loud or stock whenever you want
      01-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #104
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25 X3 AW

Garage List
thats pretty sick.
      01-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #105
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by issabmw View Post
Lol, I heard the Hartge quote before. $130,000 is beyond ridiculous.

Are you referring to Essa's e92? If so, yes its a sick vehicle.

All these prices are beyond what r&d/labor costs. They seem like estimates to me, factoring in a nice profit they threw in there, because they probably think anyone attempting this has some cash to throw around.

I'm imagining the wiring for a 2JZ would be even worse, given no similarities to the e90 whatsoever, something at least the E60 has. Personally if I had to swap, it would be an S54.

You could always hold off and supercharge it; that'll get you around some 350 odd ponies; I'm assuming its a 330i.
yeah man, $130000 is crazy, even if I had it, I still wouldn't do it

Yup, Essa's car. I did a lot of research on his build and even the e30s with the v10s. I was told that the best swap would be the s62, solid engine, it would fit nicely and you would have some room for the engine to breathe, the v10 would just be slammed in there, no room for anything.

The 2jz, the people who were going to sponsor my car were going to do a Motec stand alone. I still prefer to stay BMW.

Yup, the car is a 330i. This car has a lot of sentimental value to me, I will never sell it. A nice s/c kit would be sweet, I was calling ESS quite a lot about 7 months ago to check in with them for updates, kind of given up. Swap seems to be the only choice at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #106
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
SWAG

I dont think you will ever do it, but please prove me wrong. a m5 motor with electric cutouts right after the headers, holy shit. than you can have it super loud or stock whenever you want
I would love to prove you wrong. We will see
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #107
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

UPDATED A PIC OF INTERIOR ON PAGE ONE.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 01:27 AM   #108
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Quote:
Thanks dude. If it wasn't for you bugging me all the time for updates, it would still be in teaser stage
haha! ever since u mentioned 10.5f 12.5r in ur teaser thread i've been dyin 2 c wut u were up 2, n boy was it worth the wait.
wuts the offsets n tires sizes?

seats r tits btw!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #109
turb0mik3
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Racecar

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.90]
Those Recaro Profi SPG????!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ZOMG so hot...

HG Motorsports | Motiv Motorsport | Sparta Evolution | BBS Motorsports | Sabelt | JRZ |
NASA ST1 SoCal --- 554whp/487wtrq --- 3200lbs <<YouTube Channel w/ Race Videos>>
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #110
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yeah man, $130000 is crazy, even if I had it, I still wouldn't do it

Yup, Essa's car. I did a lot of research on his build and even the e30s with the v10s. I was told that the best swap would be the s62, solid engine, it would fit nicely and you would have some room for the engine to breathe, the v10 would just be slammed in there, no room for anything.

The 2jz, the people who were going to sponsor my car were going to do a Motec stand alone. I still prefer to stay BMW.

Yup, the car is a 330i. This car has a lot of sentimental value to me, I will never sell it. A nice s/c kit would be sweet, I was calling ESS quite a lot about 7 months ago to check in with them for updates, kind of given up. Swap seems to be the only choice at the moment.
Lol, yes a waste of money indeed. I'd find some families to feed with that kind of cash laying around.

Yes, Essa had a team behind him, so cost wasn't profit based. I'm sure they outlined the process I mentioned though. Regarding an S62, I'd do something unique, since the M3 option is already there. If I were to do an S62, it would have to be on a stock looking e90.

The 2JZ is an absolutely wonderful engine, but it can get a bit rash at higher horsepowers. Not something I wan't in a composed BMW. Then again, its sponsored, and if that means they're paying for it all, heck I'd do it.

I hear you. Mine is special to me as well, despite being a 325xi, which is why I wanted the V10 before. Its a feeling not many owners have.

Regarding the supercharger, ESS and AA aren't going to be making one for some time. If you want a supercharger, wait for the MMW. It will be worth your time.
Appreciate 0