E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > No "read ecu" button in NCSEXPR?

02-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
335IAF
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: na

No "read ecu" button in NCSEXPR?

In the laziest fashion, i've literally spent years trying to code my car and kept hitting road blocks then waiting months in between trying again. I finally got a copy of bmw standard tools 2.12 with NCSEXPR v4.0.1 and the latest daten files and started making real progress.

Hit a couple road blocks with everything in german and copied some files some forum members posted on long previous threads and finally got everything readable and started on the DIY.

First road block i hit was not being able to load the expertmode profile. I get an error that says "Profilversion2.0 ungultig!" I gathered from older threads that this is because the profile was from a previous NCSEXPR and not compatible with 4.0.1 I loaded the default profile and proceeded to see how far i would get before i actually tried to write anything to the car. I made it to step 57/58 which says "Select “CAS” then select “READ ECU” this is going to create another FSW_PSW.TRC file but only
with the values on for the module we select.
58. Select “READ ECU” this will read all the values from the specific module and place ten in the file
stated above. You will get a screen like this.. you can close it."

I dont have a Read ECU button, actually F4 and F5 are blank when i get to this point. Is this because of the profile i have loaded? Or did i do something drastically wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

2008 E90 335I | Sport | Premium | Cold Weather | CA | Logic7 | Black/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 12:03 AM   #2
js335in54
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMw e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335IAF View Post
In the laziest fashion, i've literally spent years trying to code my car and kept hitting road blocks then waiting months in between trying again. I finally got a copy of bmw standard tools 2.12 with NCSEXPR v4.0.1 and the latest daten files and started making real progress.

Hit a couple road blocks with everything in german and copied some files some forum members posted on long previous threads and finally got everything readable and started on the DIY.

First road block i hit was not being able to load the expertmode profile. I get an error that says "Profilversion2.0 ungultig!" I gathered from older threads that this is because the profile was from a previous NCSEXPR and not compatible with 4.0.1 I loaded the default profile and proceeded to see how far i would get before i actually tried to write anything to the car. I made it to step 57/58 which says "Select “CAS” then select “READ ECU” this is going to create another FSW_PSW.TRC file but only
with the values on for the module we select.
58. Select “READ ECU” this will read all the values from the specific module and place ten in the file
stated above. You will get a screen like this.. you can close it."

I dont have a Read ECU button, actually F4 and F5 are blank when i get to this point. Is this because of the profile i have loaded? Or did i do something drastically wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

i can help you remoty set everything up.right for you
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
335IAF
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: na

Turns out it was a profile issue. got newer version of profiles from another user and everything works! Thanks for the offer.

2008 E90 335I | Sport | Premium | Cold Weather | CA | Logic7 | Black/Black
Appreciate 0