E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Modmy3.... Not a vendor you want to deal with

05-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Modmy3.... Not a vendor you want to deal with

Hello Everyone,

Just a review of my experience of working with modmy3. After seeing their carbon fiber valance I decided to pick one up. Marie and I chatted back and forth and after several weeks I finally made the purchase.

Shipping:

I purchased the item in stock and took nearly a week for tracking to be sent. This isn't a huge deal but did irk me.

Product:

After recieving the product I attempted to install the item. The valance fits REPLICA bumpers VERY poorly. There were gaps all across my bumper. It is impossible to fit the item without modification. The piece would definietly need to be heat formed to fit decently. Having installed numerous body pieces on cars its clear that the fitment is marginal. After looking over the carbon fiber there are numerous flaws. The overall construction of the piece is poor in general. Not to mention it is HOLLOW. Cheap china construction.

Return:

This is where the senario goes bad to worst. The company flat out refused to respond to me UNTIL PAYPAL CLAIM WAS FILED. After finally filing the converstation began. They want me to ship the item back for inspection and then refund. Shipping this paper weight back is going to put me out $83 of my own money.

Why should I have to pay a return shipping for an item that is junk?

"Kevin, I will await the tracking number. To break it even, we will not impose the restocking fee on this shipment. In the event upon inspection back here that the item a defect from the manufacturer, we will refund your shipping cost back here."

It is a manufacturing defect!!!! The thing is trash. Send me a prepaid label. This is a fair amicable resolution. As for a restocking fee, seriously? Is that something that should even be considered.

The paypal transcript is even hostile at times. Mod my 3 isnt being overly cooperative or looking to right a wrong.
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP

You use a credit card to pay via paypal? If you did call them, they will reserve the payment until it is finished. Happened to me before too with another vendor, they never responded i got my money back and kept the crap
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
Stance321
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: meow

I was going to purchase the same item, but realized it was on back order. Thanks for the review.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

Hopefully you paid with CC. The only reason vendor responded is because that amount was frozen in their account temporarily until it gets resolved.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
bmvee
MMM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Return: This is where the senario goes bad to worst. The company flat out refused to respond to me UNTIL PAYPAL CLAIM WAS FILED.
It's funny, I guess I'm not the only one. I had purchased an Mtech rear bumper and arrived damaged. I inquired on return, and the whole process took over a month to resolve. I had to keep emailing them. I received very few replies back, and they easily replied to me prior to my purchase. It wasn't until I filed a PayPal dispute that they actually sent the courier to pickup the damaged bumper.

I don't think I will do business with them again. Their return process is one of the worse out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
e90335iftw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Ordered some blacklines off of modmym3, product was excellent, although the fitting was a bit off; but it was a complete hassle getting them to finally ship it. I had to threaten a chargeback for them to finally ship it.
Appreciate 0