E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Some Help is Needed with NCS Expert.

04-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Diesel Pimpin'
I heart D-TUK
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

Some Help is Needed with NCS Expert.

SUCCESS!!!!
After getting some rest I was able to understand everything a lot better!

What I have accomplished so far.
DVD IN MOTION! Finally! Too bad I only have 2 dvds..... Thank you for your suggestion Merlosso, I was able to play with NCS Dummy. I was also able to use NETTODAT easily. I realized that my Speedlock was not set to 3_kmh and was not active which for some reason didn't let my changes work. The DVD guide seemed to indicate that it didn't matter to me.

Key Fob Ejected from Socket upon Engine Stop CAS KOMFORT_EJECT <- Thanks Rylak.
Close Windows/Roof with Fob CAS KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
Unlock Doors CAS ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR
Double Blink Hazards FRM (NFRM) DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK <- successfully coded but didn't work
Fold/unfold mirrors with fob FRM (NFRM) ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

Hey guys. I have been having some trouble finding where certain codes are located. I was using a PDF guide by Junior to set up and use NCS Expert and by following his guide I was able to activate a few features that were in the same location as the Digital Speedo. Although I was unable to find the Speedo code I found the items below that are in the “accomplished” section.

I have noticed though that in my FSW_PSW.TRC file I see a lot more options that were unavailable in my FSW_PSW.MAN file and I am unsure how to access them. I tried playing around using Junior’s PDF on how to select CAS by selecting FRM and NFRM rather than CAS but it didn’t seem to do anything.

I am a little stuck now as I was unable to figure out how to gain access to the FRM or DWAI section of my car. I spent the last few hours searching and nothing popped up except on what FRM module to buy…
I can provide screen shots if needed but I need to wait until tomorrow as my wife has been patient while I played doctor with my car.

What I have accomplished so far.
Key Fob Ejected from Socket upon Engine Stop CAS KOMFORT_EJECT <- Didn’t do anything.
Close Windows/Roof with Fob CAS KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
Double Blink Hazards FRM (NFRM) DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK <- successfully coded but didn't work
Fold/unfold mirrors with fob FRM (NFRM) ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

What I want to accomplish.
Double Blink Hazards FRM (NFRM) DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK
Alarm beep on unlock DWAI QUIT_AKUST_ENTSCH <- I dont have an alarm so I figure it won't work
Alarm beep on lock DWAI QUIT_AKUST_SCHAERF <- I dont have an alarm so I figure it won't work

DVD Video Playback while driving.

Also regarding the PDF titled Exclusive DVD in Motion activation for CIC:
VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE <- where is this located?

This is the only hiccup I experienced: Got NETTODAT.TRC instead of NETTODAT.PRC

Created a .MAN file and successfully followed the steps to VIM.
Took the shifter out of park and instant “cannot watch video while car is in motion” cockblocker.
B 00300010,0010,50,00,19,44,00,00,C0, FF, FF, 03, 03,11,21,01,02,FF <- is what I changed it to in .MAN

Last edited by Diesel Pimpin'; 04-22-2013 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: Update on Progress
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
rylak
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW/CR E93 335i 6MT

Garage List
2009 E93 335i  [0.00]
I would chill with NETTODAT coding.. until you get the hang of regular coding.

F1.. F3... select E89, pick CAS.. F6 to back.. F4 to process module.. select NFRM (for FRM).. code as you did in CAS before..

Digital speedo is in KOMBI, the DIY has a mistake. Also, to use key eject, you have to push and hold the engine button.
      04-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
Diesel Pimpin'
I heart D-TUK
Rep

Ahhhh nfrm. For some reason I thought that was related to comfort access.
Am I correct in assuming the data goes into the fsw_psw.man file?

I'm having a hard time figuring out why it is PRC in the write up and not TRC but I'm assuming it might be a typo.

Thank you for replying.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Results

When you read a module, the output is the FSW_PSW.TRC file. What you write back to the module is the FSW_PSW.MAN file. So the .MAN should be a copy of the .TRC but with the changed values.

You could copy the contents of the .TRC and paste it into the .MAN, then go manually change the values, but that's too easy to mess up. Try using NCS Dummy:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...-of-NCS-Expert
  1. Read out the module using NCS Expert
  2. Launch NCS Dummy
  3. Select Chassis
  4. Browse to and select your .TRC file
  5. Filter modules by currently loaded .TRC

Then you'll have a GUI with translations that will help you find and change what you want. At the bottom is a button to export to the .MAN file. From there all you have to do is go back to NCS Expert and code it to the module.

Good luck and happy coding.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
Diesel Pimpin'
I heart D-TUK
Rep

Oh fantastic! Thanks alot! I'll give it a go today.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
Diesel Pimpin'
I heart D-TUK
Rep

Update: I successfully coded DVD in Motion the other day. I was a happy camper driving around the block testing with success. Yesterday morning a proud nerdo was bragging to his fiance saying: "Look! Now you can watch a movie when we do road trips!" This proud nerdo starts up the car and starts driving...the cock block message rears its ugly head as soon as I pass 3kph. I am like wtf!? It worked the night before and somehow seemed to reset itself overnight. Fun Times. I will go back in tonight to see what happened but after thinking about it I have a feeling I know what happened.
Appreciate 0