E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > This really grinds my gears -- waving

08-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

This really grinds my gears -- waving

This morning, while driving back from the gym, i am stopped at a traffic light, this woman (in an X3) is coming out of the DD driveway that i am unintentionally blocking while sitting at the light. i see this, and also see that nobody is behind me, so i pop it in reverse and open up room for her to go, i even check the traffic coming the other way and wave her on.

Does she give me a courtesy wave, smile, nod? NOPE. Where are peoples' manners?

/rant.

Happy friday y'all

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 2
jaye9441014.00
      08-19-2016, 08:10 AM   #2
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

wtf
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 08:18 AM   #3
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
This morning, while driving back from the gym, i am stopped at a traffic light, this woman (in an X3) is coming out of the DD driveway that i am unintentionally blocking while sitting at the light. i see this, and also see that nobody is behind me, so i pop it in reverse and open up room for her to go, i even check the traffic coming the other way and wave her on.

/rant.

Happy friday y'all
Yep... people don't GAF. They have no empathy (in general). Fortunately, my expectation of humanity are SO LOW that I rarely get upset about it. My favorite is when there is a one lane at a busy intersection and the asshat in front of you is turning left and doesn't leave room for you to go around and turn right, when there is plenty of room to be had. Makes me wish I had this...

except not a Jag... ew.. Aston or Bimmer plskthxbai
But... w/e People are anuses.
jaye9441014.00
      08-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #4
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

How about when people are in the left lane cruising at 65?

or going 'just' fast enough to pass people on the right. and i mean 1mph faster than the right lane...

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 1
jaye9441014.00
      08-19-2016, 08:23 AM   #5
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HATE THAT

its the world we live in now

no bloody courtesy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post

/rant.

Happy friday y'all
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #6
WreckerX5d
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deezul

I wish I could just force the non waving douchebag back into their spot and make them try again only with courtesy.
      08-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #7
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Or the people that pull out from behind you in a traffic jam to use the merge lane to pass you and expect to be let in again, like somehow their time is so much more important than yours.

One glorious time (only happened once), people started doing this and the pickup in front of me got tired of this. So he pulled over in front of the cars attempting to pass him and continued at the same speed as the traffic jam. I stayed in my lane and pulled up to within a few feet of his bumper so nobody could get in between us and together we stopped the asshats from passing (there was nobody merging).

Then, when the merge lane ended, I let him back in front of me, we both waved to each other, and the clowns had to merge in behind us where they originally came from.
Appreciate 2
Biorin2784.50
UncleWede17997.50
      08-19-2016, 08:41 AM   #8
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Or the people that pull out from behind you in a traffic jam to use the merge lane to pass you and expect to be let in again, like somehow their time is so much more important than yours.

One glorious time (only happened once), people started doing this and the pickup in front of me got tired of this. So he pulled over in front of the cars attempting to pass him and continued at the same speed as the traffic jam. I stayed in my lane and pulled up to within a few feet of his bumper so nobody could get in between us and together we stopped the asshats from passing (there was nobody merging).

Then, when the merge lane ended, I let him back in front of me, we both waved to each other, and the clowns had to merge in behind us where they originally came from.
I confess to having been you in this scenario and the truck in this scenario multiple times... I feel like a douche playing civilian traffic enforcer, but... sometimes, I just gotta.
      08-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #9
Japper69
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 X-Drive - Skyscraper Gr

Try driving here in Louisiana, they never acknowledge you. They never indicate and they do all of the above daily.

The worst one that BMP, is when you are sitting to pull out on to busy road and they do not indicate and turn in at your junction, ahhhhhhh, i could have been out there, asshat !!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 08:51 AM   #10
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

I believe it was the immortal poet Jeff Foxworthy who said....

If you let someone merge into your lane and they do not give you the courtesy 'waive'...it is perfectly legal for you to get up under them, get them loose, and put them in the wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #11
WreckerX5d
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deezul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:

I confess to having been you in this scenario and the truck in this scenario multiple times... I feel like a douche playing civilian traffic enforcer, but... sometimes, I just gotta.
I did this a few times in Brooklyn when I drove my 26k pound box truck. I got tired of those self entitled taxis using the emergency lane as their freedom lane, damn were they pissed but I couldn't care less.
      08-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #12
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

maybe her goldfish died that morning? who knows. Either way I just shrug stuff like that off.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #13
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
maybe her goldfish died that morning? who knows. Either way I just shrug stuff like that off.
Damn since when have goldfish been on the endangered species list?
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10815.50
      08-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #14
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:

One time I did this as the merger. I held my wide-right spot, but kept my speed to let me back into the spot without cutting anyone off. I'm watching this doosh behind me and he's pissed. When it came time to merge back in, he swooped into that spot and off into traffic.

I had to give him that win.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 11:04 AM   #15
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Yep... people don't GAF. They have no empathy (in general). Fortunately, my expectation of humanity are SO LOW that I rarely get upset about it. My favorite is when there is a one lane at a busy intersection and the asshat in front of you is turning left and doesn't leave room for you to go around and turn right, when there is plenty of room to be had.

Same here my expectations are so low, I do not even get upset when people are completely unaware and rude.

Add to this is someone turning off a main road from the far lane and you are trying to make a left turn into the far lane and there is lots of traffic and the person does not give you chance to make the left before they turn.

My unscientific study shows 9 out of 10 time that person not let you out to make the turn in traffic is a women. Most time when a guy pulls up they stop short and will wave you out, women will pull up and block you from making the turn or they speed up and cut the corner short.

On my commute I have to make a turn left turn around traffic onto a side road and I have had people stop flash their light and lets me cross traffic and it been happening more often. Maybe it is because of my low expectation. Again most times is a guy.
Appreciate 1
Naz241627.50
      08-19-2016, 11:18 AM   #16
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

I'm sure she was looking hot , otherwise this thread was not on ..

In other words and from my expierence...The more beautiful they are , the bigger the ego is !
WHY ?
Because they know it !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #17
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

She forgot her manners at home like any drivers...joking/not joking!
Who knows maybe her life sucked that day....just keep on fighting the good fight and don't grind too many gears.....that's bad for transmissions.
Appreciate 0