Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > BMW Tire/Rims insurance, who bought it?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #23
Sim Simma
Who got the keys to my Bimmer!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I

For those of you who did get a tire replaced with the protection plan/warranty did you take it to BMW or can you go any tire shop? depending on the amount of tread left on the pairing wheel I might want to have the other replaced but don't want to over pay by getting the second tire from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #24
ThorsHammer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Simma View Post
For those of you who did get a tire replaced with the protection plan/warranty did you take it to BMW or can you go any tire shop? depending on the amount of tread left on the pairing wheel I might want to have the other replaced but don't want to over pay by getting the second tire from the dealer.
Call the dealer, ask for Service, and then get the number to the Tire/Wheel warranty company. Apparently different dealers partner with different ones.

Then, call them, submit a claim over the phone, and ask them if you can take it to any tire shop.

With my plan, that's what I can do.
"SYONRA" is for sale! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366678 BSM '09 e92 335i | Performance: JB3, RR Catted DP's, INJEN DCI, Britalman Exhst, AA FMIC, FORGE DVs | Suspension: ST-V1 Coils, Hotchkis Chassis Brace & F/R Sways | Wheels: Bremmer Kraft BR03s, Brake Performance Rotors, Cool Carbon Pads, ECS Lines | Exterior: OEM Aero Lip/Rear, ****** CF Trunk Lid, BLUX5 Angels, M-Force M3 Sides | Interior: Passport 9500ci, Black Trim, M3 Wheel
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #25
LooNTooNs
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 335 cic

My E93 is 5 months old. I did not take the insurance. I replaced one tire 1 month ago. another one last week. When I picked up my car the tech showed me the other 3 tires have bubbles. I freaked and called the dealer. They wrote me the insurance for $795. He said wait a couple weeks before submitting a claim. Well my car is in my garage with the one month old RFT....FLAT!!!!!! Beside the fuel pump it needed last week and the oil leak it has now, its going to be 6 tires in 5 months.
Appreciate 0