E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Looking for an E92 335d to buy

09-03-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
Orchun
Rep
Drives: 2009 Honda Civic 2.0i-VTEC

Lightbulb Looking for an E92 335d to buy

Hi all!
im quite new here, but ive been watching the threads n posts lately, i found it very productive and helpful forum. so i thought maybe i can register as im willing to buy a 3 series bmw.

yes im looking for 335d coupe, to be honest im after the m-sport one coz (no offens) i find it more aggresive n sporty than a SE models, i can go for a SE with good specs, but i admit SE models look very elegant.

already wrote a dozen from the first post
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 05:02 AM   #2
tony_london
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchun View Post
Hi all!
im quite new here, but ive been watching the threads n posts lately, i found it very productive and helpful forum. so i thought maybe i can register as im willing to buy a 3 series bmw.

yes im looking for 335d coupe, to be honest im after the m-sport one coz (no offens) i find it more aggresive n sporty than a SE models, i can go for a SE with good specs, but i admit SE models look very elegant.

already wrote a dozen from the first post
hello,

I`m selling mine, it's a SE model, from Dec 2006.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01135412824511

cheers

ST
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
Orchun
Rep

still up!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 03:05 AM   #4
Czech335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i & E93 335i

re, if you live in Cyprus you can not be doing that many miles do you really need a 335d why not look at a 335i?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
Orchun
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech335 View Post
re, if you live in Cyprus you can not be doing that many miles do you really need a 335d why not look at a 335i?
i know that i cant make thousand of miles in cyprus , i also drive 2007 jeep grand cherokee 3.0 CRD which has quite the power and economy at the same time.
i admit that when it comes to better fuel consuption you have to drive more high ways and long runs, but i quess still 335d brings better fuel economy than the 335i specially on short trips and city driving,

plus i love diesel torque speacially with the remap

do you think driving 335d in cyprus would harm the engine of 335d?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #6
Czech335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i & E93 335i

ok you will save some money on fuel but a 335d will cost a few k more then a 335i to buy so any savings have been lost.

To give you an Idea I just sold me 335i with 32k on the cock with had nav, hearted seats, PDC and quite a few other extras for 14 250
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 03:32 AM   #7
spirocheter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 535d, E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchun View Post
i know that i cant make thousand of miles in cyprus , i also drive 2007 jeep grand cherokee 3.0 CRD which has quite the power and economy at the same time.
i admit that when it comes to better fuel consuption you have to drive more high ways and long runs, but i quess still 335d brings better fuel economy than the 335i specially on short trips and city driving,

plus i love diesel torque speacially with the remap

do you think driving 335d in cyprus would harm the engine of 335d?
You may end up with DPF problems, I certainly love diesel power delivery more than petrol, but would still buy petrol over diesel for short distances. My friend had an X3 2.0d which he drove around Manchester in. I'm not quite sure what happened, though the dngine got coked up so bad it had to be replaced, fortunately under warranty. The bigger six pot engines are barely ticking over at speeds up to sixty. There were problems with inlet manifold valves getting coked then being ingested by the engines, which can be somewhat expensive. If you add something like Millers detergent if you don't have access to premium diesel like Shell or BP, I have heard the lifespan of the catalyst in the DPF is shortened.

If you've not already, test drive a 335I, they too have a tonne of torque, and you can go further with tuning (mind you, I'd personally get an M3 then instead which can be had for very reasonable money).
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #8
Orchun
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirocheter View Post
You may end up with DPF problems, I certainly love diesel power delivery more than petrol, but would still buy petrol over diesel for short distances. My friend had an X3 2.0d which he drove around Manchester in. I'm not quite sure what happened, though the dngine got coked up so bad it had to be replaced, fortunately under warranty. The bigger six pot engines are barely ticking over at speeds up to sixty. There were problems with inlet manifold valves getting coked then being ingested by the engines, which can be somewhat expensive. If you add something like Millers detergent if you don't have access to premium diesel like Shell or BP, I have heard the lifespan of the catalyst in the DPF is shortened.

If you've not already, test drive a 335I, they too have a tonne of torque, and you can go further with tuning (mind you, I'd personally get an M3 then instead which can be had for very reasonable money).

You have a point there, i really appreciated your advices and examples.

i was looking for DPF problems and solutions on bimmer and general diesel forums right before seeing your message, and i see most of the new model diesel drivers some how facing with this DPF and coked, limb mode etc problems, even high way driver still under risk. (AA saying).

i have read some feedbacks of the DPF removal and some of re quite happy about the result, there r many companies which they do specially DPF removal and map, ofcourse deleting the DPF codes right after so u eventually get rid of the problem, cleaning sounds not a good solution, as changing is very expensive as well, i think its very tough situation.

what do u think about DPF removal?
Appreciate 0