E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335 exhaust- Yes another thread...sorry

01-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
lauer87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

335 exhaust- Yes another thread...sorry

Hey everyone,

I have an 08 335xi with magnaflow mufflers and some generic tips. It is cat back. Ever since i had this installed i have sorta missed the stock sound of the exhaust. My current setup is fairly loud but thats it. No exhaust note, no burble, just loud. Is there anything i can do (besides changing the exhaust) to get the throatiness of the stock setup back? Would vibrant resonators help at all? Maybe the resonated DiMisa tips could help? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks all!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauer87 View Post
Hey everyone,

I have an 08 335xi with magnaflow mufflers and some generic tips. It is cat back. Ever since i had this installed i have sorta missed the stock sound of the exhaust. My current setup is fairly loud but thats it. No exhaust note, no burble, just loud. Is there anything i can do (besides changing the exhaust) to get the throatiness of the stock setup back? Would vibrant resonators help at all? Maybe the resonated DiMisa tips could help? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks all!
The answer to the question is YES....Vibrant resonators will make it nice and quiet for sure...read my thread on this...Tips would not help as for sound, only asthetics my friend...Get some Vibrant resonators part #1792 welded onto your exhaust system and your problems will be solved...I went from a very loud catless system with drone and rasp to almost nothing with the resonators!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
lauer87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
The answer to the question is YES....Vibrant resonators will make it nice and quiet for sure...read my thread on this...Tips would not help as for sound, only asthetics my friend...Get some Vibrant resonators part #1792 welded onto your exhaust system and your problems will be solved...I went from a very loud catless system with drone and rasp to almost nothing with the resonators!

Thanks for the response. I was actually just reading your thread prior to posting my original one. So if i go the vibrant route, It is only going to quiet the car but not change the exhaust note correct? And would i need to buy 2 resonators? In your other thread i saw a figure of $95 or so, was that for one or both?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

95 bucks is for two resonators....they will definitely quiet down the loudness of it and even take away drone and rasp....Get them at StreetsideAuto.com
They are the cheapest with two resonators delivered for 95 dollars...cost about 100 bucks to install from muffler shop
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #5
lauer87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
95 bucks is for two resonators....they will definitely quiet down the loudness of it and even take away drone and rasp....Get them at StreetsideAuto.com
They are the cheapest with two resonators delivered for 95 dollars...cost about 100 bucks to install from muffler shop
Great thanks man. You got them installed basically right after the DP's?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauer87 View Post
Great thanks man. You got them installed basically right after the DP's?
yes near the brace....look at my pics....it will change the exhaust note a drop....same tone just muffled a drop which is what you want...I can't be more happy with a 95 dollar purchase...Exhaust sometimes have to be fine tune to the other own specifications, and adding these I think you will be happy..
Appreciate 0