E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Intake and chip

11-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Jean Paul Irastorza
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i white

Intake and chip

sorry for the stupid question guys but im leasing a new n55, those drop in air filters aren't detectable right if i put the oem one back in for service? in the future if i do chip it what's the worst that can happen, i know they can void the warranty if they proved it caused damages, but can they void the lease and force me to purchase the car?? last thing, for those of you with modded leased cars do u normally service them outside the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Ghines1279
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
i use to sell cars, New Honda's in Annapolis, and lease agreements vary from state to state. but essentially when you are leasing a car, you guarantee that the car will be in good shape with x amount of miles . cosmetic stuff would have to be returned to factory before we would take a car back. If you blew up your engine and they determine that its because of something you did, then its your fault and you have to fix it. it would not void the warranty because you would have to pay BMW to put new Warranty parts in. We had something like that happen with a guy and an s2000 this guy modded out with a non OEM after market body kit, we wouldnt return the car until he put back originals, which was like 2800 dollars. (dealership oem body parts are expensive). As for the tune, there are a bunch out there, search around on here for what you think might work best for you. As for the filter, they will never know. And as always if they ask just play dumb, customers are almost always right/get what they want.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
Jean Paul Irastorza
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i white

awesome thanks for the reply, i painted a few things on the car tho, calipers, hubs, engine cover, and front grill...ididnt change them just painted them what do u think as far as tht?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
Proxibid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeamps01 View Post
awesome thanks for the reply, i painted a few things on the car tho, calipers, hubs, engine cover, and front grill...ididnt change them just painted them what do u think as far as tht?
You might be able to get by with the painted calipers... with regards to the hubs, engine cover and grill... plan to buy some new parts before you turn the car back in.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
Ghines1279
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeamps01 View Post
EH, thats tough, it really depends on who inspects your vehicle. at our dealership, half the time it was the sales guys who inspected the vehicle, all they looked for was body stuff like dings and dents, tires, and interior condition. your allowed (at least Honda in MD Leases, like 400 -500 dollars in damage to the vehicle, which is why most people have to put new tires on the car before you turn it in. Each ding or tiny scratch is like 75$. it all depends on the person who inspects it. Also when you take your Car in on lease turn in there are three things that will happen to it. one, it will be bought back by the manufacture and sent to auction, this option they will be really strict, if the dealer is interested in buying it they have first dibbs, generally they will be more lenient about little stuff because they are going to save money by not having to go to auction to buy a car (alot of factors go into this, but this is the most common, as auction prices have been going up and getting a lease turn in for a dealer is a pretty good deal.) third you personally can buy the vehicle or sell it at any time turing the lease for the remainder of your lease amount. this is alot to take in, and alot of variables. but once you understand the basics of leases, they are great.
Appreciate 0