E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Next GEN I-DRIVE Retrofit

02-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #661
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy bastard View Post
So, we don't need to crack CIC anymore. Anything that you need to activate Navi and voice-control - pay some money for us and give me a car for about less than 1 hour
Great, thanks for sharing

Gotta love the contribution. Always about money.
      02-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #662
Booster4075
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90, 335i

Quote:
So, we don't need to crack CIC anymore. Anything that you need to activate Navi and voice-control - pay some money for us and give me a car for about less than 1 hour
Bummer...it will take me several days (okay..a couple of weeks) to get my car to Russia for an hour.

Care to share for anyone on this side of the planet?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 02:24 AM   #663
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
What is the reason to send this and other similar comments ??
Does it make you feel better ??

I think you have already told us many times you have a solution and you are not willing to contribute anything you know about it to other forum members, so what's the point ?

Most people here tolerate your worthless posts only because they hope that some day they will be lucky to get something from you.
I don't think this happen as long as you make money on this and this is fine if you do it for living but why the hell you act as a know-it-all, who can only say "I know but I won't tell you".

Have you no sense of decency ?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #664
Fluffy bastard
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster4075 View Post
Bummer...it will take me several days (okay..a couple of weeks) to get my car to Russia for an hour.

Care to share for anyone on this side of the planet?
It's not so cheap for you. At least Technic think so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys View Post
What is the reason to send this and other similar comments ??
Does it make you feel better ??

I think you have already told us many times you have a solution and you are not willing to contribute anything you know about it to other forum members, so what's the point ?

Most people here tolerate your worthless posts only because they hope that some day they will be lucky to get something from you.
I don't think this happen as long as you make money on this and this is fine if you do it for living but why the hell you act as a know-it-all, who can only say "I know but I won't tell you".

Have you no sense of decency ?
Patrick, personally, can you believe that I gloat. For the rest, I'll explain that at the time of my registration here, the decision was quite wrong to speak of its commercial side. Now, everything looks a little different
Again you: I understand your attempt to insult me. As the owner of unnecessary glands like the CIC without navigation, you really want to get it. And it is for you in this thread I had previously been proposed solution. Namely: FSC-order code to navigate through the service-manager in the representative office of your country. Next, import the package through the ISTA. However, I fear, a list of replacements of units that will be displayed in the list of activities will be for you a great mind you. Your car was produced, if not mistaken, in 2007? Be ready to buy a new ULF. Most likely, you will have to change the FRM, in order to control the light through the CIC to work correctly. If you have a TV, it will work normally, but there might be problems with color scanning, if the CIC is programmed version 34 software. That is enough for you, or do I need to "chew" something else?
      02-24-2010, 05:45 AM   #665
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Patrick, personally, can you believe that I gloat. For the rest, I'll explain that at the time of my registration here, the decision was quite wrong to speak of its commercial side. Now, everything looks a little different
Again you: I understand your attempt to insult me. As the owner of unnecessary glands like the CIC without navigation, you really want to get it. And it is for you in this thread I had previously been proposed solution. Namely: FSC-order code to navigate through the service-manager in the representative office of your country. Next, import the package through the ISTA. However, I fear, a list of replacements of units that will be displayed in the list of activities will be for you a great mind you. Your car was produced, if not mistaken, in 2007? Be ready to buy a new ULF. Most likely, you will have to change the FRM, in order to control the light through the CIC to work correctly. If you have a TV, it will work normally, but there might be problems with color scanning, if the CIC is programmed version 34 software. That is enough for you, or do I need to "chew" something else?
Oleg I really do not want to insult you.
All I expect from myself and other forum members is that if you can't / don't want to help just do not make comments you have made.
That's all.

Fact, I am desperate to have the navigation activated.
Let's assume I have the FSC code ready and I am only missing a way to import it to my CIC.
You are right that my car is 2007 so ISTA/P complains about a lot of ECUs that are too old.
We both know that ZB numbers can be changed in at least couple of ECUs, but personally I can't change the ZB number in DSC as an example.

From what you are saying there is no way to activate the Navigation in cars produced in 2007 or before ?
Actually all cars produced before 09/2008 will have similar issues, because ISTA/P will be expecting different ZB numbers.
So what's the solution ?

What about E-sys to import the code then ?

Let's "chew" this subject some more...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 06:15 AM   #666
Fluffy bastard
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Pony

Quote:
Oleg I really do not want to insult you.
All I expect from myself and other forum members is that if you can't / don't want to help just do not make comments you have made.
That's all.

Fact, I am desperate to have the navigation activated.
Let's assume I have the FSC code ready and I am only missing a way to import it to my CIC.
You are right that my car is 2007 so ISTA/P complains about a lot of ECUs that are too old.
We both know that ZB numbers can be changed in at least couple of ECUs, but personally I can't change the ZB number in DSC as an example.

From what you are saying there is no way to activate the Navigation in cars produced in 2007 or before ?
Actually all cars produced before 09/2008 will have similar issues, because ISTA/P will be expecting different ZB numbers.
So what's the solution ?

What about E-sys to import the code then ?

Let's "chew" this subject some more...
Changing of ZB-numbers can't help you, coz the ISTA check hw id of all ECU's. It's possible to activate navi, you need ediabas, remote and something else.
E-sys... It's for F-series in most
      02-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #667
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's not so cheap for you. At least Technic think so

First, thank you for actually contributing. That's all anyone is asking.

I suspect this is going through Google translate (which is fine) but let me try and explain what I think you're saying: Order the FSC code through the dealer (we can't), use ISTA/P to load it (we can), ISTA will complain about the old modules, which I agree with. Namely, in my car I have the FRM and not the NFRM, which would be a programming issue, also I have a CDMA TCU and old ULF. All of these would be an issue. If you change the build date to a CIC date, ISTA/P will see the CIC, but will complain about all the old modules' part numbers being incorrect, and will not complete the programming plan. If you leave the build date correct, ISTA/P will look for a CCC not a CIC. This all makes sense.

Could we not load the FSC with WinKFP? I assume it needs to be programmed, but is ISTA/P the only thing that could do it?

Quote:
Changing of ZB-numbers can't help you, coz the ISTA check hw id of all ECU's. It's possible to activate navi, you need ediabas, remote and something else.
E-sys... It's for F-series in most
What is the "something else?" Do you know?
      02-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #668
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep

For cars produced before 09/2008 ISTA/P is a dead end.

The trick is to import the code in a different way, which is not winkfp for sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #669
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

To be perfectly blunt, there's no new contribution here.

What I do get from Fluffy's post is that this FSC loading seems to be done as an override of some sort. And that's only done by some BMW Factory software tool, as no dealer will be able to accomplish this in any non-factory installed CIC with their tools at hand.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #670
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For cars produced before 09/2008 ISTA/P is a dead end.

The trick is to import the code in a different way, which is not winkfp for sure.
Any idea what the "different way" is? I assume that's what we're trying to figure out. I suggested WinKFP only because that's the only other tool I'm aware of that can selectively program (not code) individual modules.

What fun...
      02-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #671
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
To be perfectly blunt, there's no new contribution here.

What I do get from Fluffy's post is that this FSC loading seems to be done as an override of some sort. And that's only done by some BMW Factory software tool, as no dealer will be able to accomplish this in any non-factory installed CIC with their tools at hand.
Correct. I'm confident that with the FSC, it will be possible to figure out how to load it. Getting the FSC in the first place is the tough part.
      02-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #672
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
Any idea what the "different way" is? I assume that's what we're trying to figure out. I suggested WinKFP only because that's the only other tool I'm aware of that can selectively program (not code) individual modules.

What fun...
Some kind of software that can import the FSC code into a CIC.
Fluffy has it but won't help us.
It seems to be the last piece of the puzzle.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #673
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
Correct. I'm confident that with the FSC, it will be possible to figure out how to load it. Getting the FSC in the first place is the tough part.
Somehow getting the FSC in the USA is the "cannot" part. In Europe somehow (again) you just pay for them regardless if you car has a factory-installed CIC or not.

Which raises the question... if you can just pay for the codes in Europe then there should be a way to at least pay as well to load the codes without messing with ISTA/P and the list of incompatible/error modules that will be shown once that CIC is detected in a non-factory-installed vehicle.

And that way should be at the dealer, as it is BMW the one supplying the FSC codes and not some private shop...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #674
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
damn, i am guessing this is going no where.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #675
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
damn, i am guessing this is going no where.
Long,

Our time has been dominated by preparations for Mfest and bimmerfest as well as day to day operations.

Please make arrangements with me for a scan with your equipment installed so I can look into this a bit further.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #676
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Long,

Our time has been dominated by preparations for Mfest and bimmerfest as well as day to day operations.

Please make arrangements with me for a scan with your equipment installed so I can look into this a bit further.
i will be there tomorrow if you want.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #677
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep

Does anyone have an extra CIC / HD screen that they are selling?
      03-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #678
srcstc
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS

There's a CIC on ebay.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #679
smercki
Rep
Drives: Italy

Hello boys
you have code (part-number) cable connect usb to cic?

Waiting for code FSC available I have a small tips: pressed the push-button on/off of the cic for 10 sec. the system reset and the navigator are resumed to work, but only, till the next extinction of the car. For the moment better than nothing

If not work, try 2x or 3x with ignition on pos.1

Last edited by smercki; 04-02-2010 at 05:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #680
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smercki View Post
Hello boys
you have code (part-number) cable connect usb to cic?

Waiting for code FSC available I have a small tips: Holding at the same time pressed the push-button of the cic and idrive for 30 sec. the system reset and the navigator are resumed to work, but only, till the next extinction of the car. For the moment better than nothing
Thanks... I tried that and the system just resets, no Navigation is enabled.

Is this an used CIC or new?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 03:10 AM   #681
smercki
Rep
Drives: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Thanks... I tried that and the system just resets, no Navigation is enabled.

Is this an used CIC or new?
used
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 05:56 AM   #682
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smercki View Post
used
That's the reason it works with your trick and not in my new unit...
Appreciate 0