E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > My Visit to RennTech

12-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

My Visit to RennTech

Today after trying for the last two weeks I was finally able to visit RennTech in Lake Park Florida. Upon arriving to the location, there it was, RennTech in blue and red color posted high on the building wall.

Eager to get on with my tour of the facility one could not help to notice all the Mercedes Bens that were all over the place. When I mean all over the place it was like Bens performance city.

Just about every single Merc that was there was $80k + . Kinda made me feel like wtf am I doing here and these guys are going to laugh at me and say get that damn rice burner off our lot

As I walked in the place I noticed it was very modern and professional looking. The place was decked in gloss black, red, and blue with a receptionist and couple of cubicals. The atmosphere of the location reminded me of what a high performance exotic car shop would look like.

I was immediately greeted by the receptionist and then I asked to speak with Leni or Thomas. Fortunately Thomas was sitting right there and heard me and then pops right out to meet me to a surprise that I finally made it.

Off we go in tour of this high tech palace shop. He took me to the software engineer room filled with cubicals and employees. Behold there was Leni working away, from what it looked like, an ECU/DME interface board an tons of electrical and computer devices. Yup I was where they housed their DME gurus.

We talked about a possible project of modifying the RPM set launch control on the 335is DCT. Our dialogue on the subject was of every confidence this can be done in order to improve the 60" on a 335is DCT and upcoming BMW DCT cars with launch control.

Keep in mind, even though I have Dinan, they have maintained an unbiased and pleasant approach.

So my introduction to the software guru ends and we move on to something that blew my mind with ideas for the Florida BMW community. I was shown a machine that make CAI's, and parts for body kits. After these parts are made they are sent off for carbon fiber. I looked at couple of CAI that were all custom made and I asked if this can also be done for BMW cars. He nods his head with a smile saying yes.

Next we move on to the actual shop, a Merc heaven with couple of 600-700 hp beasts. Damn I felt like I was taken to the car show now. Just being around these cars I felt soo tiny, like I just entered sacred place.

After day dreaming a little, we move on to where they make intake manifolds, and rebuild or make engine parts for high performance use.

As the tour was about to end we bumped into the owner of RennTech. Very nice guy and very interested in the BMW community. We discussed some possible benefits for the BMW community in providing unmatched products that most would be pleased with.

If I wasnt anal about my BMW warranty I would have handed them my car to tune it way beyond the Dinan stage 3 tune. This will have to wait till my warranty is about to expire. By that time I would have my Dinan stage 3 suspension, Dinan OC (installed) and a possible RennTech secondary rad upgrade.

RennTech was the company that set record for the fastest BMW X5M running 11.9 in a 1/4 run with just a mere tune, which is also a daily driven car.

Last edited by BQTuning; 12-16-2011 at 11:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
DMA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 M3~09 E92M3~03 E46M3

Nice! I've heard great things about Leni and have seen his tunes in action really impressive.

IG:@DMAGARAGE - 2003 E46 M3 | 2009 E92 M3 | 2016 F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
adibaiz1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M8GC,22 S580,21 M4,22 SF90

I'm running Leni's tune with BMS DCI and DP's and i love the way my car feels.
Appreciate 0