E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Need help getting MTV the F**k out of OC

08-14-2007, 04:33 AM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Need help getting MTV out of OC

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 04-01-2012 at 05:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #2
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

I'm not near your area, but because I hate MTV with a passion I fully support your actions .
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #3
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
i get where you're coming from, but most people who watch mtv know its for entertainment...i guess there is some cult following but hey, people will be people. without shows like laguna, and sweet 16 and others, there wouldnt be "stereotypes", and without stereotypes, everyone would be equal...now that would be boring tv, wouldnt it?

everyone knows that there are always all kinds of people everywhere, rich, poor, druggies, nerds, whatever....its just creating what the GENPOP want to see and what fit's MTV's culture of being hip and current. if we were to watch how some poor people work for $$ to buy food everyday, it would be like something off the discovery channel, not mtv.
      08-14-2007, 07:34 AM   #4
GraphiteBrawler
Elton John Impersonator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 LCI M3

I should be in San clemente later this month, we can go tag the TV vans? Honestly, there are tons of things to do, not the least of which is write a couple letters to MTV, the local Gov., and a good attorney.
      08-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #5
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 3.0Si

LOL, are you SURE those shows are not accurate? From some of your posts it seems pretty close to how you live your life.
      08-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

I think you're just mad because you wrote a letter in to ask them for advice and it didn't work out well for you
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 09:39 AM   #7
e90owner1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
So we're sick of it, we're so sick of sweet 16 bullshit and laguna beach shows and now Newport harbor or what the F ever. So I need help creating a plan to get MTV out of here. Should I write a letter to the mayor, mtv.....? Any ideas fellas? Im sure the mayor would be all for it since these terribly retarded shows ruin the image of orange county and create this BS image of how its NOT over here.
your party pics look quite "laguna" to me bro...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
nj335i
Modaholic
United_States
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

So... you don't want MTV there, but you want to do an MTV-style documentary? Interesting... And then sell that documentary where? MTV? Right...

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #9
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
LOL, are you SURE those shows are not accurate? From some of your posts it seems pretty close to how you live your life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90owner1 View Post
your party pics look quite "laguna" to me bro...
I had the same thought....

...but if you do proceed with your project, you have my support as well, those MTV shows are annoying

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #10
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

I dont sit around and bitch about how this girl said this and this guy fought that and mommy said this and whine whine whine............and drive around with my nose in the air. Everyone parties, you guys ALL did it too and some of you still do. Regardless of where I live i'd party the same, no matter if i had a shack or a mansion. I could live in Idaho and still have parties. So im just a normal 19 year old who does exactly what most of all of you did at my age, no matter where you were. So get the fact that I live here out of your heads becuase thats not relavant to the fact that i party. My party pics are NOTHING comparing to what most of you have experienced, and those parties could have been anywhere in the world, i just happen to live here.

By MTV style documentary I meant a cheap, gritty, camera follows you around styled documentary. Im upset at what MTV has put into young peoples minds these days. Yes, I know that it is entertainment and they do it becuase they know people will watch, but its just begining to get too out of hand. Believe me, every kid you talk to who actually lives here hates these shows and the fact that mtv is here. We grew up here and to have some TV network come into our towns and film a bunch snobby, whiny ass kids is just rediculous. We all agree that those shows are so lame, they depict exactly the type of people we try to aviod, those over dramatic back stabbing non down to earth kids.

You can give me all the crap you want about how im just like them or how im this or that, it doesnt slow me down becuase i know im not like them and never will be nor do i want to be. Like I said, i could be living anywhere, i just happened to live here and thats all. And tell me, you say that based on my posts i seem to be just like those kids? What posts? Party pics? Party pics that anyone else in the world could have at any club, at any house, with any girl? Come on guys I have more faith in your levels intellect then that, i've met a lot of you guys, your smart, believe me.........we've got smart people on this forum.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #11
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I have to say they are there for a reason. They don't film elsewhere because it would not be of interest to watch what most would call "normal" kids. Easy.....
Attached Images

08-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #12
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 3.0Si

I'm not casting judgement based on the pics. It's based on some comments that you've made in the past. An no you're lifestyle isn't exactly normal. Most 19 yr old kids don't roll around in new BMW's. They def don't drink alcohol in their backyard with their mom home. An they def don't party with girls that rock out in new BMW X5's and Porsche Cayenne's.

Again you are young and have yet to really get out there and interact with people that are different than you. By interaction I don't mean "I have poor kids that go to my school" either. You really need to live in someone else's shoes to get the big picture of how people live. Especially those that are less fortunate than you.

You want to really understand? Spend about 5 years in Brooklyn, NY. Or take some trips to Tamron Ave in WPB, Fla. Or out in BFE Fort Smith, Arkansas. Make friends with the locals. Then comeback to me an tell me your life is not similar to "Laguna Beach". Just because you don't have the same discussion as them, you're still much closer to that lifestyle than others.

BOO HOO! MTV is filming in my community and they're making us look bad. How dare they. This topic in itself is something I would imagine those sweet 16 kids would complain about.
      08-14-2007, 12:33 PM   #13
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
I'm not casting judgement based on the pics. It's based on some comments that you've made in the past. An no you're lifestyle isn't exactly normal. Most 19 yr old kids don't roll around in new BMW's. They def don't drink alcohol in their backyard with their mom home. An they def don't party with girls that rock out in new BMW X5's and Porsche Cayenne's.

Again you are young and have yet to really get out there and interact with people that are different than you. By interaction I don't mean "I have poor kids that go to my school" either. You really need to live in someone else's shoes to get the big picture of how people live. Especially those that are less fortunate than you.

You want to really understand? Spend about 5 years in Brooklyn, NY. Or take some trips to Tamron Ave in WPB, Fla. Or out in BFE Fort Smith, Arkansas. Make friends with the locals. Then comeback to me an tell me your life is not similar to "Laguna Beach". Just because you don't have the same discussion as them, you're still much closer to that lifestyle than others.

BOO HOO! MTV is filming in my community and they're making us look bad. How dare they. This topic in itself is something I would imagine those sweet 16 kids would complain about.
I'll try that. And if it were your town? Im not concered about how I look, Im just concered about the mentality that kids have come to adopt, and the major contribution from MTV to that retarded mentality.

By the way, the nascar thing in your sig is one of the best qoutes I've ever heard haha, mind if i use it from time to time hah?

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #14
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
So we're sick of it, we're so sick of sweet 16 bullshit and laguna beach shows and now Newport harbor or what the F ever. So I need help creating a plan to get MTV out of here. Should I write a letter to the mayor, mtv.....? Any ideas fellas? Im sure the mayor would be all for it since these terribly retarded shows ruin the image of orange county and create this BS image of how its NOT over here.

Quote:
Also, since i've been getting into photography and film in general a lot lately, i thought it'd be really cool to do an MTV documentary style video about how it really is in OC. Showing kids of all different types, some rich, some poor, some doing lines and smoking weed at parties, others studying hard, just showing what its really like here and that everyone in the world pretty much does the same shit that the kids from "laguna beach" do, which is wake up and decide what they're going to do for the day. My friends always qoute me and laugh becuase of my saying, "All they do is film those losers trying to decide what they're going to do all day, i mean shit dude i do the same thing, we all do the same thing, you could film anyone here and it'd be the same!!?!"

So if anyone here wants to help pitch in with ideas, camera know how, or just ANYTHING else on making a simple yet point conveying movie/documentary...........please chime in.
so which is it? Dude I wasn't one of the posters giving you shit about your party threads but this time I won't play along. Go cry a river somewhere else.
      08-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #15
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

You can get all the help you want but MTV isnt gonna go anywhere. You're talking about taking down a network here.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #16
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

I wish MTV would film around here, so people would want to move hear and the already ridiculous real estate prices would go up, hence making my house worth more, hence leading to me making some more loot.

COME ON MTV, DO A SHOW ON SPOILED BUCKS COUNTY KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #17
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTG35

so you payed for your car by yourself? you never take money from mom and dad and you dont drive a bmw and live in the OC?

this thread is OC material "whiny bitching dumb kid stereo type"
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #18
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Blah Blah Blah... Whatever dude, only tards watching those shows think OC is cool... It'll fade away like anything else built on a shallow premise.
      08-14-2007, 04:57 PM   #19
nlakind
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | E30 M3 || '51 Ford F1

Quote:
The mayor of orange county would NEVER get rid of a show like this...

Do you know how much tourism this show brings to your community & how much revenue that tourism alone probably brings in? Shows like this, although annoying & worthless to our lives help your cities economy whether you like it or not...The mayor also doesn't have enough power to shut a production like MTV down...It just wouldn't happen...

& I'm sure the mayor has some kids or grand kids who love these shows & get to meet the cast...Writing a letter will be a huge waste of your time...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #20
jbake
OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

the whole paris hilton/nicole ritchie lifestyle that is apparent now where it is cool to be nothing, know nothing and do nothing for yourself is ruining america's youth today. These people on these shows think they are so-called "celebrities" when they have no talent and have accomplished not one thing in life at all. I would and do watch shows that have some sort of realistic or educational content. This is why America is in for trouble when all of these kids grow up not wanting to work or do anything to contribute to society. The only difference between these laguna beach/oc people on t.v. and a bum off the street is that one was born into money and the other was not.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #21
karan230
400 hp :)
India
Rep
Drives: SLK230 Sport

Kinda o/t. lol. I saw Kendra, from Laguna Beach, while I was shopping at G-Star in Fashion Island.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #22
nj335i
Modaholic
United_States
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesier1111 View Post
I wish MTV would film around here, so people would want to move hear and the already ridiculous real estate prices would go up, hence making my house worth more, hence leading to me making some more loot.

COME ON MTV, DO A SHOW ON SPOILED BUCKS COUNTY KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I work at MTV - I'll pass the word

Appreciate 0