E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 07 335xi crank no start ! Bunch of dme codes

06-24-2019, 02:51 AM   #1
E91_Wagon
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 Wagon| E93 335i

Question 07 335xi crank no start ! Bunch of dme codes

I have a 335xi that recently had the motor replaced . It is giving me a long crank. It sounds like it isnt even trying to start. I ran the codes using inpa & these are some of the codes . It is also giving me camshaft sensor codes , transmission error is coming up on the idrive as well. I was thinking it is the relay but would like others opinion before i go replacing unnecessary things

Could someone tell me what these codes mean ? Or what they relate too?:confused
Attached Images

Last edited by E91_Wagon; 06-24-2019 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
Zearkos
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

The timeout and loss of communication with the immobilizer stands out to me as "wrong". Followed by "Main Relay switching delay".

Anything happen recently to the Key Fob that you're using? (I'm assuming based on the E91 wagon and E93 in your profile) Have you tried using a different Key fob, if available? It's probably not going to be that easy, but it's a 10 second test if you can find the spare.

If you don't mind giving me more details on the vehicle, I can point you to which fuses to check as a start.

Year is 07, it's a 335xi, but is it E91/E93, is it touring, sedan, coupe, convertible. Just to get the right wiring diagram.

Lastly, did anything weird happen the last time that it ran, or did you just turn it off and suddenly it wasn't starting anymore?
Appreciate 0