E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Second UK Meet - Sign Up Here!

08-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #309
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
There's 4 weeks left till UK2 & we're now listed on the forum's 'Upcoming events', so I thought I'd lay down a 'plan of attack', as it were:

It would be helpful if we could get the '?'s filled in with names, please!

The number of members wanting to have the re-map will affect everyone's timing for things to do over the rest of the day, so we MUST sort this out first, please.

So, if you want the re-map, please say so, be prepared to pay a deposit (I think it should be non-refundable, so you do turn up!) & say by whom you want it carried out (DMS or e-maps).

So far, BMW Customer Services & Marketing are playing 'ignorant' monkeys, so I'll shake their cage once more, on Tuesday.

All the best.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 08-26-2006 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #310
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Where's the fourth monkey?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2006, 04:11 AM   #311
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
Where's the fourth monkey?
They are so lazy, they can't be bothered manning their departments with any more than 3 chimps at a time, Floyd!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #312
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Hi everyone.

I spoke today to Mike Cooper at DMS Automotive & Simon at e-maps.
I was on the phone to both of them for about 20 minutes each & they were both very helpful indeed.

I could talk for ages about our conversations, but I can't bothered, so there's a summary, below!

I was, & I still am very serious about this group buy, so if you really are serious about having this work done on your car at UK2, then please make sure you are happy with the cost & the details involved.

We can then decide which of these two companies to choose- they provide ecu updates to BOTH diesel & petrol engines.
With DMS, there is some potential to have our meet & our experience of their 'chipping' to be featured in a future BMW Car magazine article!

DMS & e-maps aren't worried about receiving a deposit before carrying out the work, but I am.
So I am going to say some deposit will need to be paid before the day of the meet, to ensure you do bother turning up at all & to ensure you get the work done to your car!
In my opinion, if anyone pays a deposit & doesn't turn up without a reason, then their deposit should go into the 'curry fund', which will go toward the evening meal for the rest of us!

In my experience, the worst thing possible is for a whole load of people saying '..no problem...we're coming & we want the re-map...' & none of them turning up or bothering to say they can't come.

OK- I've got my flame suit on now, so flame away boys & girls!

Viv

"Right Guys, down to the nitty gritty!!! Simon has been in touch, if we can get 5 together at the same location at approx 1 hour intervals he will re-map turbos for £250 and non turbos for £150"

See here :- http://www.bmwland.co.uk/talker/view...32034&start=15

Thats £50 less than you were quoted - room for improvement??

The DMS price is good but can't justify that kind of dosh for an extra 10hp over the emap!

Simon gets a very good writeup - supposed to be a top bloke.
      08-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #313
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar
"Right Guys, down to the nitty gritty!!! Simon has been in touch, if we can get 5 together at the same location at approx 1 hour intervals he will re-map turbos for £250 and non turbos for £150"

See here :- http://www.bmwland.co.uk/talker/view...32034&start=15

Thats £50 less than you were quoted - room for improvement??

The DMS price is good but can't justify that kind of dosh for an extra 10hp over the emap!

Simon gets a very good writeup - supposed to be a top bloke.
I quoted that link on the UK2: General forum thread a couple of days ago, Paul.
I'll give Simon a call tomorrow, quoting that group deal & see if he'll match or better it, ok!

I'd be far happier paying £150!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #314
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
I've just spoken to Simon at e-maps & unfortunately he told me he's got the dates for moving house, & it's on the weekend of the meet, so he's not going to be able to make it.

He took my details to let me know if anything changes, though.

He said the reason the price for the Machester group buy was £50 less than for us next month, was because that was the price he's done for a while, but he's had to put his prices up now. :mad:

So, I'm afraid e-maps are probably not going to be available to do the re-mapping on Sept 23rd.

That leaves the more expensive DMS available, unless anyone knows of any other potential tuners?!

I myself will say 'no' to the tuning of my 330i petrol, based solely on the (DMS) cost & a lack of evidence of benefits.

I rang BMW Customer Services again today & they are as hopeless as ever- they won't let me contact Marketing directly & expect me to wait for them to get in touch with me, whenever that might be, if at all.

I'm afriad it's p*ssing me right off now (my words, not Gordon's)!

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #315
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
I've just spoken to Simon at e-maps & unfortunately he told me he's got the dates for moving house, & it's on the weekend of the meet, so he's not going to be able to make it.

He took my details to let me know if anything changes, though.

He said the reason the price for the Machester group buy was £50 less than for us next month, was because that was the price he's done for a while, but he's had to put his prices up now. :mad:

So, I'm afraid e-maps are probably not going to be available to do the re-mapping on Sept 23rd.

That leaves the more expensive DMS available, unless anyone knows of any other potential tuners?!

I myself will say 'no' to the tuning of my 330i petrol, based solely on the (DMS) cost & a lack of evidence of benefits.

I rang BMW Customer Services again today & they are as hopeless as ever- they won't let me contact Marketing directly & expect me to wait for them to get in touch with me, whenever that might be, if at all.

All the best.

Viv
It's still a good price and I'd be happy to pay it. Shame he can't make it. Looks like I'll have to try a get on a group buy with bmwland.co.uk or wait till UK3??
      08-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #316
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's still a good price and I'd be happy to pay it. Shame he can't make it. Looks like I'll have to try a get on a group buy with bmwland.co.uk or wait till UK3??
We could do a 'Northern mini meet' up this way, Paul, on some other date, with Simon coming up here.

I'd be up for that, no problem.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #317
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Count me in - noticed your thread on bmwland about the meet. I am going!!!!
      08-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #318
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Count me in - noticed your thread on bmwland about the meet. I am going!!!!
I saw your post Paul- thanks.
I'm going as well!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #319
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
I finally got an email reply from BMW UK.
Here's what they said:

Quote:
Dear Mr Viv (surname removed)

Thank you for contacting BMW Customer Information.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in replying to your query.

Your email was forwarded to our colleagues in the Marketing Department but, because of various summer holidays, we have only just been able to obtain guidance from them.

We can advise that BMW advertising and promotional events have been in the planning stages for some many months - particularly with the impending launch of the BMW E92 on September 23 followed by its attendance at the Paris Motor Show at the end of September and the first two weeks of October.

We thank you very much for the opportunity of participating in the event you have planned for 23rd September at Donington Park in Derbyshire but regret that we will not be able to participate on this occasion.

We do receive many enquiries such as yours but are not able to favour one request above another. Please accept our apologies if our reply disappoints on this occasion.

We would like to take the opportunity to wish you the very best of luck for your event on Septebmer 23rd and hope that all goes well.

Yours sincerely
BMW Group UK

Elfriede McNeal

Product Information Advisor

Ellesfield Avenue

Bracknell

RG12 8TA

Tel: 0800 325600

Fax: 0870 5050 206

Email: customer.information@bmw.co.uk

Well, at least I tried, I suppose.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 10:23 AM   #320
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
You did

and failed

Just kidding mate.
      08-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #321
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You did

and failed

Just kidding mate.
Ta!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 12:21 PM   #322
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

All the best.

Viv
Then gag the bastard before he can utter anything.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #323
E92-Mark
Environmental petrol head.
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d Coupι

Garage List
How long will you guys be at Donington Park? I just heard from my dealer that my Coupe is a week ahead of schedule and depending on how long its held back, I might get it on the 23rd now....
Donington could be a great run-in opportunity, although I've no idea how long it'd take to get there from Bristol.

Currently : 330d SE Coupe, TiAg, Jade Leather Sports seats, HiGloss trim, 17" 188s, 6MT, CA, SunRoof, HBA, Pro Audio, 6CD, Bluetooth & Armrest
Retired : 320d SE E90, SG, Blk Leather, Xenons, Bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #324
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Mark
How long will you guys be at Donington Park? I just heard from my dealer that my Coupe is a week ahead of schedule and depending on how long its held back, I might get it on the 23rd now....
Donington could be a great run-in opportunity, although I've no idea how long it'd take to get there from Bristol.
The shindig is scheduled (why am I mispronouncing this) for 12 pm and if UK1 is any indication, should run past 9 pm but this will be in two or three different venues. Bristol to Nottingham is 144 miles; a bit under two hours if you push it reasonably.

Here's hoping to see you there.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #325
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
Then gag the bastard before he can utter anything.
He has been 'playing away' in Spain, apparently, so has other things on his mind right now, Floyd!

Quote:
Mark, we'll be there as long as it takes, if we know you're coming with your E92- & a TiAg as well- FANTASTIC!
Seriously, it's 127miles from Bristol, so will take about 2hours- have a look here.

We had a great time going for a 'drive in the country' last time, after having a photo & video shoot at Donington.

I was thinking of a drive towards Sherwood Forest in the afternoon & a curry somewhere in Nottingham, early in the evening.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 08-29-2006 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #326
E92-Mark
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
That all sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the map, its closer than I thought, I do the birmingham run quite regularly, so should be a fun drive. I'll find out for sure on the 21st at a local BMW launch event, so if I can get it Saturday morning, I'll come up and meet you guys, especially if theres curry to be had. I'll bring the camera too.

Currently : 330d SE Coupe, TiAg, Jade Leather Sports seats, HiGloss trim, 17" 188s, 6MT, CA, SunRoof, HBA, Pro Audio, 6CD, Bluetooth & Armrest
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #327
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That all sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the map, its closer than I thought, I do the birmingham run quite regularly, so should be a fun drive. I'll find out for sure on the 21st at a local BMW launch event, so if I can get it Saturday morning, I'll come up and meet you guys, especially if theres curry to be had. I'll bring the camera too.
Oh.....this waiting is worse than it was before getting my own car!

Boy, I could really let my imagination fly, knowing there was going to be an e92 at UK2!

Please Mark, try your best to get yourself & your car there!

Viv
Attached Images

Last edited by vivekk; 08-29-2006 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #328
E92-Mark
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
For a moment there I didnt realise that was a photoshop, and thought I'd missed a UK picture of an E92!

Dont worry, I'm doing my damndest to get the car, I'm bugging my dealer constantly for updates so its in his interest to get me in the car and out of his hair asap.

Its all down to this withholding they do, were they dont ship the car to the dealer too soon before the launch, even though it'll be built in plenty of time.

I cant stand the wait either. It's nuts, I'm 35 but I still feel like a kid who's stuck in the groundhog day equavalent of Christmas Eve.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 07:07 AM   #329
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
I hope that the cat does arrive early E92-Mark... the wait must be agonising by now.

Donington is a real easy run from down Bristol way... Up the M5, round the M42 and onto the A42 until you're a couple of miles from Donington. Can't remember how long it took me last time.. though I do remember the mpg peaking at 60.6

Was down the dealer again today for them to swap the CD changer as various singers had developed a stutter, and there were about ten E90's and an E91 sat there with 56 plates on . There was also a Z4 coupe in yellow Beautiful car, but the colour

They also had a rather tidy silver grey M6 in the showroom as well. Back to dreaming for now

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #330
red355
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: RS4 Avant V8

Garage List
Quote:
For a moment there I didnt realise that was a photoshop, and thought I'd missed a UK picture of an E92!

I cant stand the wait either. It's nuts, I'm 35 but I still feel like a kid who's stuck in the groundhog day equavalent of Christmas Eve.

I agree the wait is killing me as well....not helped my running the wifes 51 plate Golf 1.6 for three months.

As my other post mentioned I saw a Montego blue E92 335 yesterday on the A45 in Northampton. I am sure that must have been be a press car maybe coming back from Rockingham?

Past¦E92 335D Evolved (but still dull) ¦ Boxster S ¦ E46 328!SE ¦ E36 325! coupe ¦ E30 325! sport ¦ MINI Cooper S
Appreciate 0