E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Interior detailing..

12-03-2007, 11:51 PM   #1
leejoobin
help
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Interior detailing..

Is there a DIY, or helpful thread to clean the interior.
Mainly carpets/mats. because i have spilled about 1 gallon of coke and it's everywhere.
I used the search button but couldn't really find anyting.
and all the other detailing threads are just about the exterior detailing.

What method? products? are available to get the stains out?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 02:46 AM   #2
zzinco79
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

First of all, Go to your local food store or somewhere to find rug doctor and rent it (its crazy looking vacume cleaner. I saw it in u-haul store and many other grocery stores). clean the carpets with it.

1. Go to your local car wash place where that has a high pressure water hose (more likely gun).

2. Hang your mats (well... most of places have those big clips that can hang your mats). If you can't find it, just do it on the floor.

3. I use lundry detergent + water in spray bottle. I usually do 1:3 ratio. just spray it on mats nicely and evenly.

4. use high pressure water hose to rince them. rince until you don't see the bubbles on the carpet.

5. start vacume your interior while the mats get dried. do the seats then floor. don't do your trims, you will get scratches.

6. grab something to clean, not moisturing or conditioning. I use Zaino Z-9. If you don't have it, use wet soft cloths with a drop of dawn. start clean up the lethers and trims.

7. now time to apply conditioner on your leather (or letherlette). I use Zaino Z-10. make sure to use microfiber towels.

One other thing I would recomand you is to throw a few baking soda packs in the car. You can also find them in your local food store for less then a $.

2006 BSM 325i / ZPP / ZSP / Adaptive Xenon / BLK leather interior / Steptronic

Eisenmann racing / K&N Ram charger / M5 rep. wheels / D1S 6000k / Brex white ring / OEM style rear trunk spoiler / M steering / OEM strut bar / Blk line tail light

Future Mod

Hamann lip spolier / Mtech rear bumper

Last edited by zzinco79; 12-05-2007 at 11:49 PM..
Appreciate 0