E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > LOL look at my clutch !

09-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
plague
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sold :( / jb 20th AE

LOL look at my clutch !

My new 20th AE gti was delivered on friday morning. Shipped from kentucky to me, in nj.. Now i DID notice immediately that the clutch was very spongy and needed a lot of muscle to push down to engage, unlike my old mk4... It also had no gradual grab at all, it was no grab the whole way up off the clutch until suddenly right up top BAM full grab.... Was odd, but hey it ran fine... Had the car for about 8 hrs until suddenly i could not make a shift from 2nd-3rd gear. Was beating on it at all or anything, just happened. Pulled over, and it was hard to engage any gear. When car was off i could move into all gears perfectly, but once on, i had to shove very hard to get into any gear and the power wasnt transfering correctly at all and the sound was awful. Loud chattering the whole way. Buddy came to meet me where i was pulled over and he felt that it was the transmission but was unsure.

Saturday morning, local mechanic who has awesome garage on his property and knows vw's inside and out and has built many, calls and says its my clutch, he can tell from the drive. There was an aftermarket flywheel which i knew about but we didnt know what kind soooo, i needed to get an entire clutch kit... Had one ordered that day and on its way.

Come tuesday, clutch and flywheel are done and installed. Mechanic says come get the car, its riding good wait until you see this clutch... I ask him are there shards of it all over? He says no even better. I arrive and he shows me this..

Parts for sale- PWM meth kit, M steering wheel, M shift knob, perforated e brake handle
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Is that BAD??? LOL

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #3
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Looks good to me, don't blame the clutch just because of your lack of skill in shifting lolll na but seriously how the fk does that happen?