E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Upgrade JB4 stage 1 to stage 2, DME version question

06-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #1
korie83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i X-Drive

Upgrade JB4 stage 1 to stage 2, DME version question

Hey guys,

I have a 2011 e90 335xi (Oct 2010 production i believe?), and I've had the jb4 for some time. It's probably spent more time on a shelf then on the car because of dealer visits, winter, etc. But now I think it will spend its time on the car 100%, so I am considering moving to the stage 2 tune.

Do I have to make sure the DME version I'm running is compatible (i think this was an issue when it first released)? If so, how to do I check my version? Also are any other mods recommended/required first? Im still running stock intake/exhuast/etc. Probably throw a K&N filter in though right away.

And finally, I've noticed the odd, long crank when starting lately. Should this be a concern, and should I hold off on the tune upgrade if I need to address this?
Appreciate 0