E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Help with aftermarket center/hub caps

02-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i; BMW 435i; Ducati

Help with aftermarket center/hub caps

I have 19" Axis Penta rims (they came with the car when I purchased it).

I'm not big on rims and actually wish I could get the M6 Gran Coupe rims...(so sexy)
Yet, I don't have $6k lying around to go purchase some

Ok, so on to the main point. I purchased a set of OEM center caps from BMW a few weeks ago.
OEM center caps are all 68mm & the sales rep. said they don't sell any other sizes. Then, I took the car to the wheel shop to see if they'd fit, but the mechanic showed me and the caps were slightly large.

So, I returned them and did some research on the rims. Unfortunately, I only found one person online that had BMW center caps on his Axis Pentas. An e90member, nin1616. I haven't bothered writing him as his thread dates back since 2007. (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45834)
He mentioned the shop he took his car to was nice enough to mock some up for him. And in that same thread, another member said that he had the same rims, but had to purchase 65mm aftermarket center caps to make them fit.

...I purchased 65mm center caps from eBay and 4x 65mm BMW decals from Bavarian.
Took it today, and the caps still didn't fit, they were too small

Does anyone know what to do in this situation?
It kinda sucks I spent $30+ on caps that I will no longer use. But I don't mind the current AXIS center caps.

Nonetheless, any advice(s) would help extremely. Thanks e90'ers.

My car with the current center caps:

The other person's 335i:
Appreciate 0