E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Changing triple turn signal blink count

02-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #89
mot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 AW M3 6MT

Is there a difference coding with the nettodat file vs the fsw file (both method involves changing the daten file)?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #90
dolu57
Private
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d e90 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot
Is there a difference coding with the nettodat file vs the fsw file (both method involves changing the daten file)?
If I well understood, modifying daten is for code functiuns with fsw_psw wich normally code them with nettodat..
Good english..?
      02-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #91
mot
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolu57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot
If I well understood, modifying daten is for code functiuns with fsw_psw wich normally code them with nettodat..
Good english..?
I'm not sure I understand.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #92
dolu57
Private
France
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolu57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot
Good english..?
I'm not sure I understand.
Due to my english or not..?
      02-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #93
mot
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dluke View Post
hey all,
so i still haven't figured out why my NCS is unable to read the nettodat file when trying to change the blink count. but if anyone else is having trouble with changing this feature via the nettodat method, i was able to successfully change my turn signal blink count to 6 blinks through a different method. although same as with the nettodat method, changing it within the idrive afterwards will erase it, but it will stay otherwise. also just incase, i did this on my 06 e90 330i, whether or not it will work in the same manor on other years/models i have no idea. so anyways what i ended up doing was editing the daten file for the module containing the blink count (btw many hours of research went into this.. didnt just go in and start changing the daten file blindly). for me the daten file i needed to change was FRMFA.C11. first disassembled the file with NCS Dummy (Thanks to Revtor for creating an amazing program). then located the function MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK. (the disassembled file will look something like the attached pic) then just changed the highlighted field on the attached pic from '01' to '06' for six blinks. then re-assembled the file with NCS Dummy. **before you replace the original daten file with the new edited one you will want to get an FSW TRC file with the triple blink turned off. then create a PSW MAN with that trace file without changing anything. now replace the original daten file with the edited one and then just code the unedited .MAN file to the car. now after the coding is done just double check that your triple turn signal is turned off and turn your car off, then turn the car back on and tap your blinker!
-any questions or need me to explain anything or explain why this works just PM me.
-btw thanks to everyone that paved the way for us new coders

dluke
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolu57 View Post
Due to my english or not..?
I followed those steps and I didn't code nettodat.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #94
dolu57
Private
France
Rep

Garage List
Mot
If you want, i do this for you.
PM me
      03-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #95
dluke
Sh!t happens... Deal with it
Rep
Drives: '06 Alpine 330i

Garage List
'06 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
hey sorry man.. been hella busy lately.. am just seeing this.. coding via nettodata and the method i elxplain are two different methods of coding the blinkers.. let me know if youve gotten if worked out yet or if you still need a hand
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #96
pepsih
Captain
Rep
Drives: f02, e24

can someone help me out with this please.
Ok so first time what i did is:
in the idrive i set th blink to 1
copied the nettodat.trc
then changed the blink in idrive to 3
compare the nettodat.trc with the previous nettodat
changed the value, coded it worked but the DRL are ON and i don't want them ON

Quote:
now my question is do u i have to change the wert in all
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_2
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_3

and then put them back to stock in order to see which line i have to change in the nettodat.trc?
then change it and code? ( i want 5 blinks which is "37" correct?)
OR
Quote:
i just go to ncs dummy and "add a custom" data in
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_2
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_3
and just add "05" in DATA ??
i also dissasembled the frm2 module ncsdummy...

1. I disable the blink count in idrive
i edit all
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_2
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_3
to wert_1

in ncs dummy i dissasembled FRM2_E89.C09
All the
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_2
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_3 were edited to 05 ( i want 5 blinks)
i assembled the file back.

the back to ncsexpert f5....
f2 ... f3..
I TURN of the car wait few minutes, turn it ON and it's blinking only ONCE!

i did the same step but i also tried to change in idrive the blink count and NADA!

WHAT IM I DOING WRONG?

your help will be really apreciate thanks

Last edited by pepsih; 05-27-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 05:13 AM   #97
nvn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsih View Post
copied the nettodat.trc

OR

i edit all
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_2
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_3
to wert_1

All the
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_2

f2 ... f3..

i did the same step but i also tried to change in idrive the blink count and NADA!

WHAT IM I DOING WRONG?

After you finishing coding, don't touch your blinker and turn car off. Turn back on, then check if it sticks.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #98
dluke
Rep

Garage List
'06 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
copied the nettodat.trc

OR

i edit all
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_2
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_3
to wert_1

All the
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1
MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_2

f2 ... f3..

WHAT IM I DOING WRONG?

when you reassemble the file in ncsdummy it saves the new daten file in a folder designated by ncsdummy, and not in the daten files original location.. so after reassembling it you need to physically take the new daten file and replace the original with it in /NCSEXPER/DATEN/E89 (make a copy of the original before replacing it though) then code the .man to the car

also just make sure that if you are coding them all to wert_1 that you are changing the value next to wert_1 in ncsdummy and not the value next to wert_2

and just to make sure since you referenced the nettodat files in your post.. this method does not require anything to do with the nettodat files.. only the daten file and the fsw_psw

hope this helps... also sorry for the delayed response

Last edited by dluke; 06-08-2013 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #99
pepsih
Captain
Rep

Quote:
when you reassemble the file in ncsdummy it saves the new daten file in a folder designated by ncsdummy, and not in the daten files original location.. so after reassembling it you need to physically take the new daten file and replace the original with it in /NCSEXPER/DATEN/E89 (make a copy of the original before replacing it though) then code the .man to the car

also just make sure that if you are coding them all to wert_1 that you are changing the value next to wert_1 in ncsdummy and not the value next to wert_2

and just to make sure since you referenced the nettodat files in your post.. this method does not require anything to do with the nettodat files.. only the daten file and the fsw_psw

hope this helps... also sorry for the delayed response
Thanks will try it asap ill keep you updated
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #100
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Hi guys.
I read through the thread but there seems to be a lot more effort being exerted than it took me when I coded mine.

My original notes (to myself) for what worked were as follows:

Feature: Code 4 blinks (from 3 blinks) for turn signal - add Hex 04 for each blink
Module: CAS > NFRM (NETTODAT)
Entry: Location #0341505, 0341507, 0341509, 034150B

So basically, this is what worked for me:
  • Set your blinker using iDrive or BC to 3 blinks.
  • Open NFRM, (I have a 2008 [11/2007] 328xi E91),
  • Open the NETTODAT for it, examine those 4 memory locations as shown above (memory address runs down the left of the NETTODAT data) - you will note those four bytes are all the same.
  • Change ALL FOUR locations by adding Hex "04" for each blink you wish to add. So if your byte says "28", add Hex "04", you get: 28-> 29, 2A, 2B, 2C. So your new value is 2C. THE TRICK as I understand, is that byte will be different for each car, depending on various factors sharing that memory location. So the value is NOT THE SAME for everyone. You must do the math yourself. Unless NCSDummy will do it for you?
  • Load NFRM back using NETTODAT, it should be good.

EXAMPLE NETTODAT:
The red numbers are memory locations 0341505, 0341507, 0341509, 034150B

Code:
B 00341400,0010,0F,FF,3E,60,28,32,00,00,9D,2B,09,88,28,00,14,39
B 00341500,0010,28,27,28,27,28,2C,28,2C,28,2C,28,2C,00,00,00,00
B 00341600,0010,00,02,00,02,00,02,00,02,00,02,00,02,00,00,00,00
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #101
dluke
Rep

Garage List
'06 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmerMeUp View Post
Hi guys.
I read through the thread but there seems to be a lot more effort being exerted than it took me when I coded mine.

My original notes (to myself) for what worked were as follows:

Feature: Code 4 blinks (from 3 blinks) for turn signal - add Hex 04 for each blink
Module: CAS > NFRM (NETTODAT)
Entry: Location #0341505, 0341507, 0341509, 034150B

So basically, this is what worked for me:
  • Set your blinker using iDrive or BC to 3 blinks.
  • Open NFRM, (I have a 2008 [11/2007] 328xi E91),
  • Open the NETTODAT for it, examine those 4 memory locations as shown above (memory address runs down the left of the NETTODAT data) - you will note those four bytes are all the same.
  • Change ALL FOUR locations by adding Hex "04" for each blink you wish to add. So if your byte says "28", add Hex "04", you get: 28-> 29, 2A, 2B, 2C. So your new value is 2C. THE TRICK as I understand, is that byte will be different for each car, depending on various factors sharing that memory location. So the value is NOT THE SAME for everyone. You must do the math yourself. Unless NCSDummy will do it for you?
  • Load NFRM back using NETTODAT, it should be good.

EXAMPLE NETTODAT:
The red numbers are memory locations 0341505, 0341507, 0341509, 034150B

Code:
B 00341400,0010,0F,FF,3E,60,28,32,00,00,9D,2B,09,88,28,00,14,39
B 00341500,0010,28,27,28,27,28,2C,28,2C,28,2C,28,2C,00,00,00,00
B 00341600,0010,00,02,00,02,00,02,00,02,00,02,00,02,00,00,00,00
well with my ncsdummy method you dont need to deal with any confusing hex numbers.. you just input the number of blinks you want.. also not only can the hex values differ from model to model but the location of the values that need to be changed can also differ, so that means in order to be sure of the location of the values that need to be changed you need to read the module once with triple blink off and once with triple blink on and then compare the data sets to get the locations.. then figure out the hex value you need for the number of blinks you want.. and then code it via nettodata which my system was not doing correctly and the reason i came up with the new method which you just code via normal fsw_psw.. and i dont mean any offense or anything.. theres nothing wrong with the nettodat method its just everyone that has tried it both ways has said the ncsdummy route is much easier
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #102
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Quote:

well with my ncsdummy method you dont need to deal with any confusing hex numbers.. you just input the number of blinks you want.. also not only can the hex values differ from model to model but the location of the values that need to be changed can also differ, so that means in order to be sure of the location of the values that need to be changed you need to read the module once with triple blink off and once with triple blink on and then compare the data sets to get the locations.. then figure out the hex value you need for the number of blinks you want.. and then code it via nettodata which my system was not doing correctly and the reason i came up with the new method which you just code via normal fsw_psw.. and i dont mean any offense or anything.. theres nothing wrong with the nettodat method its just everyone that has tried it both ways has said the ncsdummy route is much easier
None taken - whatever works, is always the best way!
I didn't have the benefit of your NCSDummy technique at the time, and with a background in computers Hex was my friend so it worked out ok. Although it wouldn't surprise me, I have not previously heard the memory locations can be different - but 100% the memory values can be.

Sounds like a great solution!
Rock on!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #103
muhanda1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 320d E90 MY10

Quote:
hey all,
so i still haven't figured out why my NCS is unable to read the nettodat file when trying to change the blink count. but if anyone else is having trouble with changing this feature via the nettodat method, i was able to successfully change my turn signal blink count to 6 blinks through a different method. although same as with the nettodat method, changing it within the idrive afterwards will erase it, but it will stay otherwise. also just incase, i did this on my 06 e90 330i, whether or not it will work in the same manor on other years/models i have no idea. so anyways what i ended up doing was editing the daten file for the module containing the blink count (btw many hours of research went into this.. didnt just go in and start changing the daten file blindly). for me the daten file i needed to change was FRMFA.C11. first disassembled the file with NCS Dummy (Thanks to Revtor for creating an amazing program). then located the function MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK. (the disassembled file will look something like the attached pic) then just changed the highlighted field on the attached pic from '01' to '06' for six blinks. then re-assembled the file with NCS Dummy. **before you replace the original daten file with the new edited one you will want to get an FSW TRC file with the triple blink turned off. then create a PSW MAN with that trace file without changing anything. now replace the original daten file with the edited one and then just code the unedited .MAN file to the car. now after the coding is done just double check that your triple turn signal is turned off and turn your car off, then turn the car back on and tap your blinker!
-any questions or need me to explain anything or explain why this works just PM me.
-btw thanks to everyone that paved the way for us new coders

dluke
Mine is MY09 E90 320d
I tried your method without much luck.
Set the blinks to 1 using iDrive
1.Read from CAS module.
2.Modified FRMFA.C11
3.Saved the TRC file as MAN
4.Copied FRMFA.C11 to Daten/E89 folder
5.Coded CAS module using MAN
Which module I have to code? I have a feeling I am coding the wrong module.
This method looks simpler than the nettodat. Hopefully someone can show me where I have gone wrong. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #104
pepsih
Captain
Rep

FINALLY I MAKE IT WORK!
I EDITED THE WRONG DATEN....
now it works perfectly
thanks everybody
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #105
muhanda1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhanda1 View Post
Mine is MY09 E90 320d
I tried your method without much luck.
Set the blinks to 1 using iDrive
1.Read from CAS module.
2.Modified FRMFA.C11
3.Saved the TRC file as MAN
4.Copied FRMFA.C11 to Daten/E89 folder
5.Coded CAS module using MAN
Which module I have to code? I have a feeling I am coding the wrong module.
This method looks simpler than the nettodat. Hopefully someone can show me where I have gone wrong. Thanks
Do I have to read the NRFM module and then code the same module???
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #106
dluke
Rep

Garage List
'06 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhanda1 View Post
Do I have to read the NRFM module and then code the same module???
yes NFRM/FRM, not CAS.. also it is very likely that the daten file that you need to edit with NCSDummy will differ from the daten file that i edited.. the file you edit should be the file that pops up in the box after you select the 'basic function' 'coapiReadSgGetFswPsw'.. that is the daten file that you need to edit with NCSDummy

Last edited by dluke; 06-11-2013 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #107
dluke
Rep

Garage List
'06 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
FINALLY I MAKE IT WORK!
I EDITED THE WRONG DATEN....
now it works perfectly
thanks everybody
Nice man.. glad you got it working! soooo much better than 3 blinks huh? the one touch blinker is actually usable after coding it..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #108
pepsih
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Nice man.. glad you got it working! soooo much better than 3 blinks huh? the one touch blinker is actually usable after coding it..
exactly thanks a lot again ;D
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #109
muhanda1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
yes NFRM/FRM, not CAS.. also it is very likely that the daten file that you need to edit with NCSDummy will differ from the daten file that i edited.. the file you edit should be the file that pops up in the box after you select the 'basic function' 'coapiReadSgGetFswPsw'.. that is the daten file that you need to edit with NCSDummy
Thanks. i will give that a go.
When I tried to code the NFRM module then there is a file popped up underneath(I think it was FRMA.C09 from memory). Is that the file I need to edit with NCSDummy? Is this another way to find which file needed to be edited?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #110
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

When you read the frm module after the nettodat file pops up, close out the file by pressing X and then look at NCSexpert for the spdaten file that is being used with your car. Copy that frm file and that is the one you will need to edit with ncsdummies
Appreciate 0