E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Sorry but hahahaha

11-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Sorry but hahahaha

Guys can someone post the direct youtube link as it doesnt seem to working for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=2kDORB3vR8s#!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

$280 from the states.
GB, anyone?

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #3
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

That must be one helluva loud horn!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

It's true - there's a feckin forum for everthing!

http://www.trainhornforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67
      11-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #5
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

wtf hahahaha. awesome.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
First of all I'll separate myself from the story below as I don't share the same interest in trains as my old man .

Anyway, my Dad has always been fascinated by trains, especially the old American Steam Trains and after one trip to America arrived home expecting three items he'd bought to follow by freight.

A bell, stream whistle and air horn from an actual locomotion which was being decommissioned. Now, these things weigh a frigging tonne, I daren't imagine how much they cost to ship over. When he collected the bell in particular from the airport he owned a Mondeo estate; when the forklift inserted the bell (still in its wooden box) and lowered it, his car just sunk right down, how it managed to drive it home is anyones guess. The clever out there are probably wondering how he got it out of the car at home without the use of a forklift?? This question stumped him for a while as he'd not thought about that. He ended up breaking up the wooden box whilst still inside the car which freed us just enough weight for a few men to pull it out . These are all now pride of place in his office at home.

The reason for telling you this is because the air horn, probably similar to what is being used in this clip, are designed to be heard from something like 10 miles away (due to the stopping speed of the trains - Christ now I sound like the expert!!). My Dad wanted to get the horn working to see how loud it was but couldn't ever get enough air-pressure to sound the horn. Turns out our neighbour had such a contraption to get it working so one day trollied the horn round there.

I can honestly understand how the sound knocked people over in that clip. It's too hard to describe the sound that comes out of these horns, literally staggering, how we all regained our hearing again is frankly astonishing.

Thankfully he cannot find a way to get enough pressure behind the steam whistle as imagine the sound of a horn but at a higher ear-piercing level. Window shattering stuff.

The bell deafens us on each visit as the Grandchildren find great pleasure in ringing that at every opportunity.

His stuff looks something like this (for those interested ) but think his horn is a triple version...
Attached Images

Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe

Last edited by rogerxp; 11-12-2012 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0