E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > NCC HPDE on Summit Point Main: 05-11-2013

NCC HPDE on Summit Point Main
Calendar: USA - Mid-Atlantic
pseto
Major General

New Students - Get a $25 discount for each day you drive in 2013

Current Students - Bring a friend, get $25 towards your next school

The National Capital Chapter (NCC) operates three High Performance Driving Events (HPDE) each year at Summit Point Raceway. The methods of instruction and the target audience for these schools share a common goal of giving you the opportunity to develop and improve your skills as a driver and to strengthen your knowledge of your car's abilities so that you will be prepared for any situation you may encounter on the highway.
Our HPDEs are not racing schools. (In 2013 we have a separate race school for interested members.) Our focus is on skills, not speed, and our overriding concern is with your safety and that of your car. We select our school instructors very carefully, not simply for their technical knowledge and accomplishments as drivers, but also for their abilities to impart that knowledge to their students in a clear, concise, and professional manner.

Your BMW is an amazingly capable car. At a National Capital Chapter HPDE, you will be able to realize your car's capabilities, learn the limits of those capabilities under controlled conditions and practice the skills needed to control your car safely within those limits.

High Performance Driving Events
The primary goal of these schools is to develop and hone your car-control skills. It is not to drive fast, although speed will come with improving skills. We seek to produce not necessarily the fastest, but the most proficient drivers possible.

Each HPDE consists of driving sessions on the track and at the skidpad, as well as classroom sessions. During your on-track sessions, you will be driving the full track at progressively higher speeds throughout the school. An in-car instructor will work with you to help you improve your driving mechanics. Braking, cornering and accelerating techniques are refined continuously during your on-track sessions.

Skidpad sessions will allow you to begin to master the skill of controlling your car at the limits of adhesion. You will learn how to control understeer (when your front tires lose adhesion) and oversteer (when your rear tires lose adhesion.) The skills learned here will not only be invaluable on the track, they may well save your car - and your life - on the highway.

Classroom sessions present the underlying mechanics of your car's behavior and how your inputs as a driver affect it. We present basic driving theory, the physics of car behavior (i.e., the "why it works" of driving) and discussions of the techniques of advanced car control.

No single drivers' school will ever convey all there is to learn about driving. In this sense, our HPDEs are part of a continuous learning environment, one that requires several years of attendance at dozens of schools before proficiency is attained. Even at that, there is always something more to learn, something additional on which to work. Acquiring driving skills is a process that is never completed.

REGISTRATION

04-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Registered.

Just a reminder for the dads: that Sunday is Mothers Day so plan accordingly. I had to change my enrollment when I remembered.

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Registered.

Just a reminder for the dads: that Sunday is Mothers Day so plan accordingly. I had to change my enrollment when I remembered.
It would have been a memorable Mother's Day for her at the track. She would have never forgotten.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
ddanj
yoroshku
Rep
Drives: Sinister DNA

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I signed up for Sunday, but my status says 'review pending'
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanj View Post
I signed up for Sunday, but my status says 'review pending'
Everyone will get that message until the registrar admits you.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
335iSSA
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i

In for Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iSSA View Post
In for Saturday.
Nice! I don't think I made the cut. Hopefully next time...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
335iSSA
Captain
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Nice! I don't think I made the cut. Hopefully next time...
Mine still says pending, so I think you are okay. I got an e-mail weeks ago to spread the word to others b/c they still had space left. I re-joined the club to do this event so I better get in.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
tps7c
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 335i coupe

I'm registered for both days! Should be awesome!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #10
335iSSA
Captain
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
Everyone will get that message until the registrar admits you.
So Paul,
I registered for this event on or about 4/11 and a few weeks later got an email from the registrar to spread the word as there are still spots for the event so tell your friends to come on out... And today I get an e-mail that says I'm wait-listed because there aren't enough instructors and I only signed up for Saturday...So I get screwed out of participating in the event even though I signed up for Saturday only (on Mothers day weekend).

How does this happen??? I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in the NCC over how this was handled. I know others have complained that they already paid to have their cars checked out and are now not "selected" for the event. I'm glad I was going to do it next week. Notification a week before the event I mean really?

Furthermore, I re-joined the club for the explicit purpose of participating in this event.

Craig
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #11
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iSSA View Post
So Paul,
I registered for this event on or about 4/11 and a few weeks later got an email from the registrar to spread the word as there are still spots for the event so tell your friends to come on out... And today I get an e-mail that says I'm wait-listed because there aren't enough instructors and I only signed up for Saturday...So I get screwed out of participating in the event even though I signed up for Saturday only (on Mothers day weekend).

How does this happen??? I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in the NCC over how this was handled. I know others have complained that they already paid to have their cars checked out and are now not "selected" for the event. I'm glad I was going to do it next week. Notification a week before the event I mean really?

Furthermore, I re-joined the club for the explicit purpose of participating in this event.

Craig
Craig,

Sorry you weren't able to get in, but our admissions policy hasn't changed in many years. Two day students will always be admitted before one day attendees. Our HPDEs are always booked so we had to institute a methodology to address who gets accepted and in what priority. Hopefully you and the many others who are waitlisted can make one of the other HPDEs we have scheduled.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...D#.UYR-Tcu9KSM

If you want to discuss further, please PM and I can put you in touch with our registrar, if I don't know the answer.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0