E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Anyone Completed Installation of BMW Performance Springs on e92 Xdrive?

05-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
youngb4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i M Sport

Anyone Completed Installation of BMW Performance Springs on e92 Xdrive?

Hey all, I spent some time reading through this thread about various people's experience with spring/shock combos:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614778

I found it very interesting and informative, but I digress, and should probably get to the point of my post!

Up until now, I've been considering installing the Eibach Prokit springs and Koni Yellows on my 2011 e92 xdrive. My goal is to get the ride height and handling on par with what the M-sport equipped e92's would be sans xdrive. After a bit of searching I realized that the BMW perf springs (yes I know, springs ONLY) seem to be compatible with the xdrive coupes; it's the struts/shocks that are not. Since I'd be using the Koni Yellows anyways, it seems that I could install the BMW perf. springs instead of the Eibachs. What I'm wondering is:

- Has anyone successfully installed BMW perf. springs on an xdrive coupe, and if so, what are your thoughts (I've searched and found people asking about their fitment but nothing documenting an actual install or user impression)?
- Has anyone installed BMW perf. springs on an xdrive coupe WITH Koni Yellows and what are your thoughts? (just thought I'd ask)

From the pics on the thread I referenced earlier in my post, I can honestly say the ride height with the BMW perf. springs is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I'm just hoping they will be a good match with Koni Yellows. Thanks for your guys' thoughts in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
youngb4
Private
Rep

Curiosity bump??
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
EyeGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi coupe, 17 nx200t, 23

I'm guessing probably not. Be the first. I was thinking of going koni yellows paired with dinan springs myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
youngb4
Private
Rep

That would probably make for a good combo as well. This may just be hearsay, but I may have read somewhere on here that the Dinan springs were the BMW perf. springs. Have you heard anything similar? Seems strange that Dinan would go through the trouble to have them painted a different color, though (looks like they're a blue-ish color on Dinan's website) which is what makes me think they may be different.

I've priced the BMW perf. springs and Koni's and it looks like I'm real close to Dinan's stage 2 suspension, which of course would come with Dinan's warrenty; so the water isn't getting any clearer to say the least!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
SS e93
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngb4 View Post
That would probably make for a good combo as well. This may just be hearsay, but I may have read somewhere on here that the Dinan springs were the BMW perf. springs. Have you heard anything similar? Seems strange that Dinan would go through the trouble to have them painted a different color, though (looks like they're a blue-ish color on Dinan's website) which is what makes me think they may be different.

I've priced the BMW perf. springs and Koni's and it looks like I'm real close to Dinan's stage 2 suspension, which of course would come with Dinan's warrenty; so the water isn't getting any clearer to say the least!
All of Dinans suspension utilizes stock front shocks. And of course the major cost of Koni yellows is the front shocks. Since the Dinan shocks are just Konis, is it better to have a limited warranty provided by Dinan, or a lifetime warranty provided by Koni.
Appreciate 0