E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan Stage 2 ECU Download

04-02-2009, 01:24 AM   #23
CFM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Did this thread really just start today?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 01:33 AM   #24
Presidio335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFM3 View Post
Did this thread really just start today?
      04-02-2009, 01:37 AM   #25
ElliottP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18 View Post
^ which thread exactly are you referring to?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240142

I started this in the general area and it was moved here.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #26
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

^, in reference to that thread, I don't see your post but the OP was not running a Dinan tune anyway
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #27
canesr1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Metallic Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottP View Post
I'm curious about how this will affect my factory warranty now. How will BMW know, and if they find out, are all bets off the table for anything, even things seemingly unrelated? What about the oil changes and scheduled maintenance?
Your VIN is recorded with Dinan AND BMW when you get flashed. It will be in your records at whatever dealer you go to.
Your BMW warranty and Dinan's will work hand in hand. You shouldn't even notice a difference. Oil changes etc... will still be covered by BMW. Any failures related to the tune(or as a result of the tune) will be covered by dinan. Pretty simple.
I was just at the dealer and was upgraded to the new 32.2 software and had my brake lines flushed for my 15,000 mile service all free of charge by BMW. My dinan was also updated to the newest software free of charge by Dinan. Dinan reimburses the dealer for all related work and labor charges affected by Dinan software/parts.
Don't worry, GO FOR IT!!!!

2007 E92 Metallic Black, Black interior, brushed aluminum, 6MT, Nav, 6FL, 20% ceramic tints, OEM Front Lip, Dinan Stage 2 Rev2, 19''s M6 Reps
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 07:44 AM   #28
Gossamer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesr1 View Post
Your VIN is recorded with Dinan AND BMW when you get flashed. It will be in your records at whatever dealer you go to.
Your BMW warranty and Dinan's will work hand in hand. You shouldn't even notice a difference. Oil changes etc... will still be covered by BMW. Any failures related to the tune(or as a result of the tune) will be covered by dinan. Pretty simple.
I was just at the dealer and was upgraded to the new 32.2 software and had my brake lines flushed for my 15,000 mile service all free of charge by BMW. My dinan was also updated to the newest software free of charge by Dinan. Dinan reimburses the dealer for all related work and labor charges affected by Dinan software/parts.
It's not true that any dealer will know about it. I had my SA look it up to see if it's in the system and it's not. He knows about it but said he wasn't going to put it in.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #29
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Well theres warranty issues with all the tunes. The only way to keep your warranty for sure is to not mod. Ill have my jb+ anyday now and if Elliott goes with dinan we will have to do a nice little comparo since we are so close. Id contact dinan to ask about the warranty situation now and in the near future.

This is how I look at it. warranty>money>power.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #30
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep

[QUOTE=canesr1;4834042]Your VIN is recorded with Dinan AND BMW when you get flashed. It will be in your records at whatever dealer you go to.
Don't worry, GO FOR IT!!!![/QUOTED]

Yes Dinan records your VIN, but I had my flash done at an authorized independent shop so therefore it's not going to be in any BMW dealership system/records..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #31
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

I've had Dinan products on other BMW's and had things repaired under warranty, Dinan's, with no problem what so ever. I would expect this to be true of N54 products. Not going to debate any tune vs another as this is a somewhat subjective topic as they all do what they are supposed to do and all are visible to a certain extent depending on what you do or run period. As far as your dealer knowing, Dinan registers your car with BMW and that should be visible by all dealers, which was the case in my previous cars. Why one SA did not see this as in the previous posts, who knows but that is the agreement between Dinan and BMW. I personally am simply waiting right now on BMW's performance tune to be a reality and see what happens there as having a solid warranty is imperative with these cars, owned modded BMW's since 92 and know what a warranty or lack there of will get you first hand. I would not worry with this product in the current climate at BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #32
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Has anyone with a Dinan flash had to take their car in for hpfp failures? And if so was there an issue getting it covered by BMW or was it pushed back to Dinan for coverage under their warranty?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #33
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Has anyone with a Dinan flash had to take their car in for hpfp failures? And if so was there an issue getting it covered by BMW or was it pushed back to Dinan for coverage under their warranty?
yes brought car in for HPFP , they replaced it same day. flashed the software back to original bmw spec as the service bulletin stated.

no warranty problems no grief, just had to reflash at dinan a few weeks later.
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #34
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I've had Dinan products on other BMW's and had things repaired under warranty, Dinan's, with no problem what so ever. I would expect this to be true of N54 products. Not going to debate any tune vs another as this is a somewhat subjective topic as they all do what they are supposed to do and all are visible to a certain extent depending on what you do or run period. As far as your dealer knowing, Dinan registers your car with BMW and that should be visible by all dealers, which was the case in my previous cars. Why one SA did not see this as in the previous posts, who knows but that is the agreement between Dinan and BMW. I personally am simply waiting right now on BMW's performance tune to be a reality and see what happens there as having a solid warranty is imperative with these cars, owned modded BMW's since 92 and know what a warranty or lack there of will get you first hand. I would not worry with this product in the current climate at BMW.

Dinan and BMW have severed their agreement so I don't think Dinan registers the car with BMW anymore
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #35
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Dinan and BMW have severed their agreement so I don't think Dinan registers the car with BMW anymore
Do you have a source to point me to?

When was this to become effective?

April 1st was yesterday.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #36
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadHollow View Post
Do you have a source to point me to?

When was this to become effective?

April 1st was yesterday.
This is what my dearlership informed me, because they used to support Dinan products but no longer..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #37
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
This is what my dearlership informed me, because they used to support Dinan products but no longer..
My local dealer informed me of the same thing last Spring. Ofcourse, then I go to another dealer and have it installed. During install they hinted the same idea however, they are still strong and endorsing Dinan/BMW relationship as stable ......

who knows these days.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #38
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

[QUOTE=dlbrooks18;4835280]
Quote:
Don't worry, GO FOR IT!!!![/QUOTED]

Yes Dinan records your VIN, but I had my flash done at an authorized independent shop so therefore it's not going to be in any BMW dealership system/records..
Wow the misinformation on here is almost as much as the information!! You are wrong too. Only reason its not there is because someone4 forgot to add you in. How do I know this? I too was flashed at an independent shop. My home dealer where I bought the car was Dinan, next dealer visit, they told me at check in that BMW shows I have Dinan stage II. Then couple months later at yet another BMW non-Dinan dealer different state, they had to do software update, they warned me that records show I am Dinan flashed, and that I'd loose it if they flashed me since they could not reflashg it back on. For that, I'd have to visit a Dinan center... Ok, thats what happened, so no BMW definitely knows because Dinan reports it to them.
      04-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #39
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep

[QUOTE=vase330;4837936]
Quote:

Wow the misinformation on here is almost as much as the information!! You are wrong too. Only reason its not there is because someone4 forgot to add you in. How do I know this? I too was flashed at an independent shop. My home dealer where I bought the car was Dinan, next dealer visit, they told me at check in that BMW shows I have Dinan stage II. Then couple months later at yet another BMW non-Dinan dealer different state, they had to do software update, they warned me that records show I am Dinan flashed, and that I'd loose it if they flashed me since they could not reflashg it back on. For that, I'd have to visit a Dinan center... Ok, thats what happened, so no BMW definitely knows because Dinan reports it to them.
hmm, interesting..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #40
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
yes brought car in for HPFP , they replaced it same day. flashed the software back to original bmw spec as the service bulletin stated.

no warranty problems no grief, just had to reflash at dinan a few weeks later.
Thats really good to hear, I had heard otherwise.. I guess it was all hearsay.
Another question though in regard to the Dinan and the warranty, is the warranty cover you up to 50,000 miles or 100,000 miles. Reason why I am asking is I have seen else where that BMW cannot CPO a car that has been moded by Dinan software, and if a car cannot be CPO'd thats a nice drop in the resale value.... Has anyone else heard this as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #41
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Another question though in regard to the Dinan and the warranty, is the warranty cover you up to 50,000 miles or 100,000 miles. Reason why I am asking is I have seen else where that BMW cannot CPO a car that has been moded by Dinan software, and if a car cannot be CPO'd thats a nice drop in the resale value.... Has anyone else heard this as well?
Haven't heard that, but I know the Dinan warranty is a matching new car warranty that is good for only first 4 years or 50,000 miles though..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #42
gqmd
Chemo Doc
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Haven't heard that, but I know the Dinan warranty is a matching new car warranty that is good for only first 4 years or 50,000 miles though..
Now say if a 2008 335i is CPO'ed then flashed by Dinan by the new owner, I doubt the CPO would still be valid until 100,000...esp if this talk about the severed relationship b/w BMW and Dinan is true...
      04-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #43
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Apparently this was discussed before..
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156233
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #44
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
It is true that any vehicle with a history of having Dinan sw installed CAN NOT be CPO'd for resale. This is stated by BMW and I have yet to hear anyone say otherwise. Most recently, my SM mentioned this to me within a conversation concerning resale value.

Appreciate 0