E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > WTD: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4

01-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

WTD: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4

Hi
As title suggest, I wonder if somebody is getting rid of their drivers or upgrading to different drivers and has these for sale?

Thanks.
      01-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Hi
As title suggest, I wonder if somebody is getting rid of their drivers or upgrading to different drivers and has these for sale?

Thanks.
would u be able to fit 6.5's on my front doors if so you can have mine ? I've got a pair of Rainbow Vanadium 5.25 and Hertz Mille 6.5 with me that I somehow want installed on the front doors...6.5's for the midbass frequencies mate..a 3 way setup if poss..

Do you know where I could buy Jehnert door cards from ?
      01-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Jehnert door cards can be built from John Kleiss, Reading.

Just to confirm, the Morels havea very warm and rock like sound to them, very good sounding speakers and loving mine so far, although still to tune!
      01-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Jehnert door cards can be built from John Kleiss, Reading.

Just to confirm, the Morels havea very warm and rock like sound to them, very good sounding speakers and loving mine so far, although still to tune!
yeah I agree, pretty solid speakers, mine's just broken in and sounds divine, just missing a bit of midbass, the SWS8's don't do the trick, I am wondering if I should pick up a pair of Jenhert underseats instead? What is your experience with them AWB ? Know anybody with the Jenhert doorcards, am I looking to pay a lot for them ? Mak made a good point about larger speakers being off axis as the only space to fit them is at the bottom of the door.....
      01-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
Alex.Devol
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M-Sport LCI

Ive had morel hybrid II's + jehnerts underseats in for a few days now I think this is a more complimentary combo for the morel than pairing them with sws8s, I do feel like the jehnerts need more power than they are getting from my jl xd600/6 & ms8, the morel speakers are really power hungry and I don't think there's quite enough to go round..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 01:27 AM   #6
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.Devol
Ive had morel hybrid II's + jehnerts underseats in for a few days now I think this is a more complimentary combo for the morel than pairing them with sws8s, I do feel like the jehnerts need more power than they are getting from my jl xd600/6 & ms8, the morel speakers are really power hungry and I don't think there's quite enough to go round..
Alex
Have you sold your morels?
And what are you having now in your car?
      01-31-2013, 02:45 AM   #7
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Mine I bought ‘broke in’ I didn’t buy the SWS8s this time round since I had a strong feeling they wouldn’t ‘match’ the Morels as well as the Jehnerts. I love the warm sound Morels and when coupled with the Jehnerts, the Mid bass comes alive noticeably better than the SWS-8s. I know this since I had tested the SWS-8s in the same set up. I cannot say for certain Rudz since I’ve not been able to calibrate my sound system yet so things are not quite in the right place sound wise / time alignment but I’m sure when done, the Jehnerts will really fill that mid bass frequency – after all that’s what they’re designed for, right?!

You’re looking at quite a hefty proce from John Kleiss… but they do a sterling job, I’ve seen the build done and installed on an e90 (same guy I bought the Jehnerts off on this forum had his car completely done by John Kleiss) and it sounded the absolute tits. He did also have a corner loaded Sub and Audison Voce 5.1k amp.

At Sam2: You can buy Morels HO on ebay directly from the manufacturer I believe for about £270 delivered! I’m really loving my new install and cannot wait to calibrate it so everything is well aligned and I get little to no clipping!
      01-31-2013, 05:43 AM   #8
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
At Sam2: You can buy Morels HO on ebay directly from the manufacturer I believe for about £270 delivered! I’m really loving my new install and cannot wait to calibrate it so everything is well aligned and I get little to no clipping!

If they come from Israel, add £40-50 taxes as minimum.
Any other ideas?
      01-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
Alex.Devol
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M-Sport LCI

Sorry Makkan no the morels just went in, i'm not selling. i bought mine as Sam mentioned above direct from supplier on ebay, even after tax it worked out a lot cheaper than buying from home or the states.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #10
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Last kit on ebay was sold after I started this thread.
I reckon one of our cheeky forum member bought it