E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Who is on Sirius Leader?

02-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
sal501
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

ED dept told me I was on that ship. How do I confirm it? Owner's circle site is still showing waiting for transport. Can you give me a link to check the VIN on this ship?

Thx
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:44 AM   #24
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

heck ya! my e90 335 is on this ship! man i swear every day that goes by the more anxious i get!
      02-12-2008, 04:10 AM   #25
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal501 View Post
ED dept told me I was on that ship. How do I confirm it? Owner's circle site is still showing waiting for transport. Can you give me a link to check the VIN on this ship?

Thx
I want to know the same thing.... Where would I go to type in my VIN to see if I'm on this ship.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 07:32 AM   #26
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 MB SL63 AMG

As far as I know, NYK Lines (owner of Sirius Leader) doesn't have a web site to check VIN numbers like the Willenius Lines. You have to depend on your customer advisor or BMW 800 number. You could try googling "NYK Lines" to check their web site for help. I haven't looked at it since last summer.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #27
Clark Kent
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Monaco, Oyster

I'm on the Sirius Leader too...never knew so much about overseas shipping as I do now! Here's hoping it stays on schedule.

spn...thanks for the images you posted earlier too!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #28
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep

i know its a noob question and im too lazy to do a search but how can i track this ship day by day and find out where it is on a map?
      02-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #29
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep

damn it i tried every single website for trackin vessels and i cant find this ship anywhere lol.
      02-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #30
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep

no one else on this vessel
      02-13-2008, 09:21 PM   #31
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

These black holes are hard to wait out. Been there, done that. I don't have a car on this ship, but I have tracked them before and I am preparing to track another one being built for me in April.

Sirius Leader will reach the Panama Canal around the middle of next week. Then the fun begins again because you can watch her go through the Panama Canal on the web cams.

Here's the link to the live PanCanal web cams. http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Take a look and get familiar with the views of the locks and Centennial Bridge. It helps to have a map of the PanCanal, so you understand where she is in the system, when she does get there. It will take about eight hours for her to go through the whole canal system, so it is a relatively slow process.

If nobody else is able to get AIS, I will keep an eye out for her.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 04:14 AM   #32
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
These black holes are hard to wait out. Been there, done that. I don't have a car on this ship, but I have tracked them before and I am preparing to track another one being built for me in April.

Sirius Leader will reach the Panama Canal around the middle of next week. Then the fun begins again because you can watch her go through the Panama Canal on the web cams.

Here's the link to the live PanCanal web cams. http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Take a look and get familiar with the views of the locks and Centennial Bridge. It helps to have a map of the PanCanal, so you understand where she is in the system, when she does get there. It will take about eight hours for her to go through the whole canal system, so it is a relatively slow process.

If nobody else is able to get AIS, I will keep an eye out for her.
hey thanx alot for the info. by any chance would you happen to know a website where i can track this ship? like see where it is in the ocean?
      02-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #33
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E90 View Post
hey thanx alot for the info. by any chance would you happen to know a website where i can track this ship? like see where it is in the ocean?
aislive.com is the only reliable web site to track ships. The ship has to be within 50 miles of a port in order for it to show up on the radar system, so while the ship is in the open ocean, there is no way to track it. I am sure the shipping companies have ways (maybe satellite) to track their ships, but as amateur trackers we can't do it. You can go onto the AIS web site and try to get a free two-week subscription. Sometimes people are successful in getting a subscription, but it seems as if most of the time, people can't get them. AIS seems to limit their free subscriptions. The pay subscription is $1300/year.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #34
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
aislive.com is the only reliable web site to track ships. The ship has to be within 50 miles of a port in order for it to show up on the radar system, so while the ship is in the open ocean, there is no way to track it. I am sure the shipping companies have ways (maybe satellite) to track their ships, but as amateur trackers we can't do it. You can go onto the AIS web site and try to get a free two-week subscription. Sometimes people are successful in getting a subscription, but it seems as if most of the time, people can't get them. AIS seems to limit their free subscriptions. The pay subscription is $1300/year.
sounds great spn. you have been most helpful so far so thank you. hopefully it stays on route and arrival date.
      02-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #35
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Here's a new web site that I found:

http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm

The Sirius Leader is scheduled to arrive at the PanCanal on Feb 20 and is scheduled to transit the canal the morning of the 23rd.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #36
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep

this ship is a ghost ship man i cant find it on any website lol.
      02-19-2008, 12:45 AM   #37
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

If it is true that the ship needs to be within 50 miles of a port and it is not suppose to hit the Canal until the 20th and not suppose to be through it until the 23rd... you have to assume you won't see it on any website until the 20th... and that is assuming that the line it is waiting in is within 50 miles of the port (my guess is that it will be). I can only guess that is is waiting in a line if, from my understanding, is that a ship take only eight hours to pass through the locks.

I do suggest trying to get a look at it on the webcams... I was in Panama back in 89/90 and watched the locks up close once. It is pretty amazing.

We know it will hit Port Hueneme on the 29th and since you are in the SFV, you will most likely get your car mid to late week, in the first week of March. That is my assumption for mine. So sit tight and enjoy the sunny weather (well, if the weatherman is right, the rainy weather). I am sure SPN will post some tracking shots when he sees them available.
      02-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #38
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Sirius Leader has reached the Atlantic side of the Panama Canal, as scheduled.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #39
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

The ships I have tracked through the PanCanal the past two days (Asia Emperor and Aida) have started their transit at 6:00 a.m. (MST), just as I was getting up. The first set of locks is Gatun locks, then they pass under the Centennial Bridge, and the Mira Flores locks are right around the corner from Centennial Bridge. Both days the ships finished their passage through the final Mira Flores lock at 4:00 p.m. (MST). I have tracked ships that have started their passage much later in the morning, so the 6 a.m. start is not a hard rule for every ship.

You can watch Sirius Leader on three web cameras; the first one beginning at Gatun Locks. The second camera is at the Centennial Bridge, and the third camera is a the Mira Flores Locks. Here's the web site: http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Since these car-carrying ships are so large and take every inch of space in the locks, a couple of PanCanal pilots will board Sirius Leader before she starts her passage in the morning. They will take her through all 50 miles of the Panama Canal. This graphic shows the 50 mile passage and the points of interest along the way.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #40
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep

Very cool. Thanks. The boat will be in the locks on the 23rd, is that right?
      02-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #41
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
Very cool. Thanks. The boat will be in the locks on the 23rd, is that right?
She should start her transit through Gatun Locks early tomorrow morning, which is Feb 21. She's just parked in the outer bay right now.

Since these ships are so big, the PanCanal pilots like to take them through during daylight hours, so they wait until the morning to begin the journey. It is a 50 mile journey and it takes all day.

Look for her on this schedule of "super vessels." http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #42
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Here's the updated AIS radar shot. She's sitting in the outer bay (on the left side of the map). The yellow arrow means she is stopped or moving less than .5 knots.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #43
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Here's a photo of her.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #44
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep

Ok... I thought I read that it would be on the Pacific side on the 23rd. To me meaning, it would start it's trip from the Atlantic side late on the 22nd or sometime on the 23rd. I didn't realize they didn't move boats through at night? It was so long ago... I don't really recall if there were boats moving through at all hours of the day and night or not. I was right on the southern side of the pacific entrance for several months, at Fort Amador. I do remember a very cool Soviet Nuclear sub that passed by us with it's men on full display as it passed by us.

If it does hit the Pacific on the eve of the 21st, we should be seeing it hit Hueneme early. Good news!