E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Bad AFRs and STFT

04-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #1
Koolsilver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Bad AFRs and STFT

This question is in regards to my 09 e90 335i AT with full bolt ons including inlet and outlet, stock turbo, stock fueling, currently running no tune (MHD stage 0) while trying to figure out this issue and using plain 91 CA gas.

The issue I have been fighting is I will simply be just cruising on the freeway and will notice the car feeling almost like a misfire but all the CEL codes don’t indicate any, but my AFRs will be very off usually one bank will be showing reasonable numbers 12-14ish but the other bank will jump anywhere from 12-21 and many times will stay high around 18 for extended time not just a quick spike. I replaced both primary O2 sensors about 2 months ago and this issue started a couple weeks ago. I replaced bank 2 o2 again and still the issue persists. I also replaced one of the post cat o2 to try to solve some of the CEL but it didn't help.

When the problem occurs I can use MHD to reset lambda adaptation and regulation which will fix the problem for a couple days but will come back. My SES light will generally be off but if I scan for codes all of these will come up.

I'm not very experienced at reading logs but I can see that the STFT is pretty off but if someone could help point me in the right direction.

All CEL codes
2AAF - Fuel pump plausibility
2C27 - Oxygen sensor before catalytic converter. System check
2C28 - Oxygen sensor 2 before catalytic converter. System check
2C2B - Oxygen sensor before catalytic converter. System check
2C31 - Oxygen sensor emission control
2C32 - Lambda control 2
2C6A - Oxygen sensors after catalytic converter: mixed up
2C6B - Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter: system check
2C6C - Oxygen sensor 2 after catalytic converter: system check
2C77 - Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter: Signal

Logs: there are two logs in the link just switch log.
https://datazap.me/u/koolsilver/bad-afr?log=0&data=3-22
Appreciate 0