E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > New Here---335i Melbourne.

12-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

New Here---335i Melbourne.

Hi All,

I just purchased a 2008 Sapphire Black 335i E93, steptronic yesterday. It is pretty stock standard, it has most options and 19 inch rims (not sure if option or not). The interior is beige/cream. I really love the car so far. I'll post up some pics later on today, first I need to give the car a solid clean (I purchased it from NSW and drove it down, bugs galore).

I will use this thread for modification advice, I'm pretty new to the BMW scene but not modifying, I've owned many modified cars but thus far they have all been Japanese imports (GTRs, EVOs, s15s etc). So please forgive the n00b nature of questions I might ask:

1: Performance mods: Who has done what and what would you reccomend in Melbourne? Basically, I want slightly more power and I want to improve the sound of the car (it sounds great already but I'm greedy). I don't want to go overboard, just a bit of more power and I don't want to take risks mechanically, so nothing extreme. Basically after a safe mod/tune.

2: Lowering the car: Does the car have adjustable suspension? Or do I need to buy coilovers etc? I want it to sit on the legal limit. Any suggestions?

3: Rims: I'm at a loss as to whether i should change the stockies or not. I think they look good, of course, the car has the potential to look much better with a different set. So perhaps some suggestions for my colour combo would be great. Also, I'd like to maintain the authentic look, how would I go about putting BMW emblems on after market rims?

4: Angel Eyes and Fog Lights: I understand the angel eyes are a simple swap, what about the fog lights? The yellow colour really annoys me. Especially when it comes to the Angel Eyes. Google research indicates that Lux Angel Eyes are the way to go. They are currently on back log. Are there any supplies of similiar angel eyes h8s in Melbourne that I can go and purchase them off? I'm a bit impatient.

Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
shu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

For Lux angel eyes go to Stuart.. he has a few brand new ones so there's no need to be on the waiting list

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605607
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
lz419
Shaunny.L
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 20d / R33 GTST

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Hello bmwgtr, welcome!
SouthernBM, this is the place I heard lots of forum members go for mods!
congrats on your purchase, you are going to love the car

K&N 57i, CRD-t , BE by Breyton 19', smurf with matte white interior, tune pedalbox, MD...almost there...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Welcome
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR View Post
Hi All,

I just purchased a 2008 Sapphire Black 335i E93, steptronic yesterday. It is pretty stock standard, it has most options and 19 inch rims (not sure if option or not). The interior is beige/cream. I really love the car so far. I'll post up some pics later on today, first I need to give the car a solid clean (I purchased it from NSW and drove it down, bugs galore).

I will use this thread for modification advice, I'm pretty new to the BMW scene but not modifying, I've owned many modified cars but thus far they have all been Japanese imports (GTRs, EVOs, s15s etc). So please forgive the n00b nature of questions I might ask:

1: Performance mods: Who has done what and what would you reccomend in Melbourne? Basically, I want slightly more power and I want to improve the sound of the car (it sounds great already but I'm greedy). I don't want to go overboard, just a bit of more power and I don't want to take risks mechanically, so nothing extreme. Basically after a safe mod/tune.

2: Lowering the car: Does the car have adjustable suspension? Or do I need to buy coilovers etc? I want it to sit on the legal limit. Any suggestions?

3: Rims: I'm at a loss as to whether i should change the stockies or not. I think they look good, of course, the car has the potential to look much better with a different set. So perhaps some suggestions for my colour combo would be great. Also, I'd like to maintain the authentic look, how would I go about putting BMW emblems on after market rims?

4: Angel Eyes and Fog Lights: I understand the angel eyes are a simple swap, what about the fog lights? The yellow colour really annoys me. Especially when it comes to the Angel Eyes. Google research indicates that Lux Angel Eyes are the way to go. They are currently on back log. Are there any supplies of similiar angel eyes h8s in Melbourne that I can go and purchase them off? I'm a bit impatient.

Thanks everyone.
G'Day

1. Simple JB4 (500) or proceed (1000) piggyback tunes piece of piss to install and best bang for buck performance!

2. there are lowering kits available, look on the main board or there are a few here that have done it.

3. Rims AND tyres, I am assuming you are running RFT's. Ditch them at the first opportunity they are crap look up tirerack.com for the best prices. Rims you gotta check out Jason from euro disision he ie local to melb

4. you can spend anywhere from 40 to 400. some are a direct swap others have an extra plug in bit I think, not something high on my list.

Happy modding
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for all the replies.
I might give Southern BM a call.

In terms of the Lux lights, Stuart is sold out atm.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #7
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Welcome mate!

Pcock will make you go broke - he is a bad influence!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #8
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Welcome mate!

Pcock will make you go broke - he is a bad influence!
you ordered that meth kit yet
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
you ordered that meth kit yet
Nope did you?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #10
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Nope did you?
I'll let you know on monday

FYI stock is low.........
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #11
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Welcome mate!!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
armak81
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

welcome.

1. intake, downpipes, intercooler and tune are relatively safe and will amplify the exhuast note. I have this setup, for me its loud enough. Unsure of the gains, but i've been running 15+ psi consitiently on an autotune.

2. coilover kits, lowering springs, sports shock options available for our cars. Most should be available locally. KW, Bilstien, H&R are just some of the brands.

3. best to speak with vendors as to which model wheels will fit OEM centre caps.

4. i have some cheap ebay angel eyes on mine. they give error codes on start up and aren't bright. For $50 you get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by armak81 View Post
1. intake, downpipes, intercooler and tune are relatively safe and will amplify the exhuast note. I have this setup, for me its loud enough. Unsure of the gains, but i've been running 15+ psi consitiently on an autotune.
According to most aussies with similar mods you should be at around 255-265 kw on the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #14
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Welcome GTR.

I think I may have the same colour combo as you. If you have beige carpet, I can tell you its the bain of my existence.

1: See Andrew@southenbm. He is a Procede dealer. IMO opinion local support is a priority if you have any issues. If you want to take full advantage of the increased boost, think about getting some catless downpipies. This will increase your power output and keep your turbos happy as they do not have to work as hard to get rid of that hot exhaust gas.
past the cats.

2: From what I remember e93's already sit lower in the back due to the increased weight. H&R Sport springs sit about an 1"- 1 1/4"in lower than what you have. if that is more than you are looking for try some lowered front spring perches. I think bmroxm5 has had some experience with these.

3: What rims have you got first 230's or 225M's. Both look great IMO. Have a look on **********s.com, if you looking for something different but with an OEM look. They are vendor on here as well,

4: LUX v3's.
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #15
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Again, thanks for all the replies.
I can tell this will a helpful forum.
I didn't get a chance to take pics yet, I was too busy enjoying this nice Melbourne weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
G'Day

1. Simple JB4 (500) or proceed (1000) piggyback tunes piece of piss to install and best bang for buck performance!

2. there are lowering kits available, look on the main board or there are a few here that have done it.

3. Rims AND tyres, I am assuming you are running RFT's. Ditch them at the first opportunity they are crap look up tirerack.com for the best prices. Rims you gotta check out Jason from euro disision he ie local to melb

4. you can spend anywhere from 40 to 400. some are a direct swap others have an extra plug in bit I think, not something high on my list.

Happy modding

This might sounds silly, but do you mean that those particular piggy back tunes cost 500 and 1000 respectively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armak81 View Post
welcome.

2. coilover kits, lowering springs, sports shock options available for our cars. Most should be available locally. KW, Bilstien, H&R are just some of the brands.

3. best to speak with vendors as to which model wheels will fit OEM centre caps.

4. i have some cheap ebay angel eyes on mine. they give error codes on start up and aren't bright. For $50 you get what you pay for.
For the kit mentioned in 1:, how much would that cost approximately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i-boy View Post
Welcome GTR.

I think I may have the same colour combo as you. If you have beige carpet, I can tell you its the bain of my existence.

1: See Andrew@southenbm. He is a Procede dealer. IMO opinion local support is a priority if you have any issues. If you want to take full advantage of the increased boost, think about getting some catless downpipies. This will increase your power output and keep your turbos happy as they do not have to work as hard to get rid of that hot exhaust gas.
past the cats.

2: From what I remember e93's already sit lower in the back due to the increased weight. H&R Sport springs sit about an 1"- 1 1/4"in lower than what you have. if that is more than you are looking for try some lowered front spring perches. I think bmroxm5 has had some experience with these.

3: What rims have you got first 230's or 225M's. Both look great IMO. Have a look on **********s.com, if you looking for something different but with an OEM look. They are vendor on here as well,

4: LUX v3's.
The carpets are covered with another set of floor mats, rubber BMW ones. I believe the previous owner thought it the perfect solution to stain prone floor mats.

I will get in touch with Andrew ASAP.

I'm not sure which rims the car has atm, I'll post up pics tomorrow hopefully and they should reveal all.

Lux v3s it is .

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by BMWGTR; 12-09-2011 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #16
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

^, yep the tunes are approx 500 and 1000 respectively...
Very similar results and there are fans of both tunes and they both give great gains.

Tune (as cheap as 500) and downpipes (approx $850 landed cost) will give you great gains and will improve your exhaust note slightly...

As for lowering, you have to figure out whether you want to get coilovers for $2k or just lowering springs which can be had for about $350 + installation...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #17
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for that. I'd def. be keen on that.

Another question, there are several stone chips on the front bumper, I find that very annoying. Is it worthwhile getting a respray done? Are there typically colour matching issues with Sapphire Black cars?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #18
armak81
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

intake = $150
downpipes = $800
intercooler = $900
tune = $1000

also might want to look into getting diverter valves if you plan on going over 15 psi.
Add another $350 on top.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #19
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

Threads like this make me want to have a 335
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #20
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luster View Post
Threads like this make me want to have a 335
What have you got an m3???
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 12:54 AM   #21
335arctic
Tyrepower North Melbourne
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Welcome to the forum,

I'm sure you will enjoy the car. There are many options that are available for the 335.

1. Performance: A tune is probably the safest & easiest way to gain extra power. I heard that after a tune it will affect the note of the exhaust, making it slightly more aggresive. So, maybe should decide after you get the tune.

2. Lowering: I went with a KW V1 coilover & really happy with the setup, but cant go wrong either with springs.

3. Wheels: Some 19"OEM wheels look good already, combined with lowering spring it looks nice. I have the the 230 wheels, slightly lowered & I'm happy with the look. Ditch the RFT's & just get puncture kit for peace of mind. Contact a 1Addict member 'VANS' he drives a 135 & own Tyrepower North Melbourne. Maybe he can recommend some good tyres.

4. Angels eyes: I heard LUX's are good, cant comment personaly cos mine still the stock yellow :P

& Post some pics please

Last edited by 335arctic; 12-10-2011 at 07:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #22
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
where are pics?
Appreciate 0