E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Air con - Should this have been checked?

07-15-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
aruffell
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320D M Sport Touring

Air con - Should this have been checked?

So I've owned my car for about 2 weeks now I believe and though I know it was hot yesterday, my mrs' Focus seemed to have colder air conditioning than my E91.

Surely this should have been checked on the inspection from buying an AUC vehicle?

Now it seems I have to go and get it recharged as I have to drive to Germany this weekend and having not so cold air con isn't fantastic.

I guess I don't see why I should have to pay when I believe it should have been checked prior to me buying the car?

Thanks,

Andy
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

Being a cynic, I'd say that you would have been lucky to get ANYTHING checked prior to delivery. They leave it up to the customer. Thus, the warranty will pick up the tab, rather than the Dealer having to book it.

You wouldn't even get an oil change unless it was almost due. You may have had some cosmetic work done on the car, but that's not guaranteed.

I would seriously ask you to check your tyre pressures too. Don't expect them to be right (or even the same either side of the car)

As per my previous reply on another thread. Bitter experience!

Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #3
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Speak to the manager. Don't waste your time with any other minions. Say you want it sorted ASAP. AUC means nothing except that you shouldn't be paying for anything like this!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #4
aruffell
Enlisted Member
Rep

I spoke to BMW main customer services and they said it's not part of the check.

Will the manager most likely say the same though?

Andy
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #5
J Dub
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 2007 MSport 2.0d

I have recently bought an AUC and I would expect mine to work, if something is not working right, get them to do it, to me the Air Con is a major part of the car, got to say with mine its going back in to have an air vent replaced as it fell apart, I think I am right in saying the claim a 120 point check list, ask to see that! see what is on it, but I would not let that rest, I would not expect to go and buy an AUC and have to spend any money on it.
      07-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Check or not, it is part of the car that needs to work and should work. You just spunked a load of money on a BMW AUC. Get on the phone If they are not helpful just pester them until they give in, which they will.

Some garages are poor, others are really helpful. Don't go in all guns blazing but be prepared for a war lol. These things can take some grit sometimes.

Don't speak to BMW UK, speak to the garage you bought it from.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
aruffell
Enlisted Member
Rep

Spoke to the sales manager. Booked in under warranty work from my local dealer and any issue will be billed to them

Result for BMW Williams Manchester

Andy
Appreciate 0