E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW Performance Steering Wheel Retrofit

07-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
dreamonn
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3BT

BMW Performance Steering Wheel Retrofit

Has anyone retrofitted one of the Performance Steering Wheels with shift lights?

Was it worth the effort & expense, or is it flash over function?

What are the differences between the v1 & v2? Can either be fitted to an LCI E90?

Am I correct in thinking that I need to ensure I get the slip ring & the loom with any wheel that I buy as they can't be bought separately? Is there anything else I need to complete the install? Will anything need recoding?

Eamonn
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

had the v1 I let bmw fit it as the electrics had to be wired into the fuse box. I only bought it as it had a water temp gauge other than that on the road its a gimmick. this time went for the m3 wheel, much nicer. I think either will fit the lci, the alcantara on mine went manky in months so I had it recovered in leather(£100) recoding not needed.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Hi
I have the latest version of the electronic steering wheel. It comes with every thing you need apart from the centre part panel which is ordered seperate. Its much better than the first version and has efficient dynamic mode, sport mode and race mode. This version did need coding and I got bmw to fit it. 1.8hr job. It will fit lci.
I like it and it feels great.
Appreciate 0